2,966 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ahmad- said:

I hope I get something in the mail this week. I am really worried. I have been waiting more than 3 years.

It could also mean they are sending you a intention to deny notice. You should wait and see what the notice says and gather additional documents. If you still haven't received the notice by tomorrow contact your local Congress person and have them reach out. 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, sheima said:

Congrats 

Congratulations 

1 hour ago, Singh1397 said:

Congratulations 🎉  . How long they took for approval after receiving rfe

Congratulations. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Salyeen said:

The only part I have understand is psychological evaluation, sorry ☹️ 

the letter I have it’s saying I been going to him since last January and I been damage mentally and emotionally and he wrote the cusses 

and what  do I have and need meds

is that what u mean 

What you have is not a psychological evaluation for immigration purpose, you have just a letter .You should read  the past 10 Vawa threads then you will understand about VAWA.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Touna said:

I was thinking to file a lawsuit against USCIS in court or a mandamus at the least , if nothing happens by the end of November

If USCIS is still doing background check then the mandamus will not help you at all.

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

If USCIS is still doing background check then the mandamus will not help you at all.

This is the response I had from the senator's office

Good morning Tran,

Thank you for your August 3, 2020 letter inquiring about the case status of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widower, or Special Immigrant, receipt number xxxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you for the attached, signed Privacy Act release (PR) from your constituent. We have verified the signature on the PR against what we have on file and we are now able to release the following information to Senator Durbin's office.

Your constituent's Form I-360 is currently under the jurisdiction of the Vermont Service Center (VSC) and has been consolidated into Txxxxxxxx. I have transferred Txxxxxxxxx to a supervisor in the appropriate unit who will the assign it to an adjudicating officer for review. You may wish to, periodically, contact our office for the latest case status update.

We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Congressional Liaison Vermont Service Center U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Department of Homeland Securit

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Touna said:

This is the response I had from the senator's office

Good morning Tran,

Thank you for your August 3, 2020 letter inquiring about the case status of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widower, or Special Immigrant, receipt number xxxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you for the attached, signed Privacy Act release (PR) from your constituent. We have verified the signature on the PR against what we have on file and we are now able to release the following information to Senator Durbin's office.

Your constituent's Form I-360 is currently under the jurisdiction of the Vermont Service Center (VSC) and has been consolidated into Txxxxxxxx. I have transferred Txxxxxxxxx to a supervisor in the appropriate unit who will the assign it to an adjudicating officer for review. You may wish to, periodically, contact our office for the latest case status update.

We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Congressional Liaison Vermont Service Center U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Department of Homeland Securit

Why are you considering to file a writ of mandamus?it’s very clear what USCIS is doing in your case 

2 minutes ago, aquila said:

Like @sandranj mentioned earlier please don't do it. I know it can be very frustrating and might feel nothing is happening but be rest assured that they're working on your case. Thank God you have an update from a case inquiry.

From my personal experience I had no updates and my case was filed in Feb 2017 and got approved June 2020. 40 months my dear

My concern is , I would rather get an approval or a denial now , than a year later .it's already 5 months beyond the normal processes time.

Filed: Other Timeline

I tend to ask myself what would I have done if I got denied 40 months later? It all boils down to faith, perseverance and patience.

I thought of filing a writ of mandamus myself at some point but after a deeper research it doesn't look good on your file with uscis. I may wrong and I apologize if I'm wrong but it's your complete decision to file a law suit against them for not processing during the states time frames. The law actually makes provision for that 👍

Timeline
1 hour ago, Touna said:

I was thinking to file a lawsuit against USCIS in court or a mandamus at the least , if nothing happens by the end of November

Be patient! you will be there, patient, patient   patient !!!!

Good morning everyone,

I just want to share some information of my timeline for people who applied recently.

• July 2019 filed i485, i765 and i131 through marriage to LPR at NBC

• July 2020 filed i360, i765 and i131 at VSC 

• September 1, 2020 received receipts for i360, i765 and i131 from VSC.

• September 25, 2020 received transfer notices for i485, i765 and i131 from NBC to VSC.

• October, 2020 interview was scheduled for November, 2020 through marriage (even though my i485 was already transferred to VSC). My lawyer requested to postpone interview until i360 is approved. 

• October 15, 2020 received prima facie.

Next step is receiving EAD and Advanced Parole. I’m hopping to get it before Christmas, but we will see. Everything is kind of slow due to COVID. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.