2,966 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, RD31 said:

1. Any idea what date range is being processed for i360 at vermont right now? My relative filed for i360 in September 2019. Can we expect a decision soon?

2. When i360 was filed, i485 was pending. During the filing of i360, it was requested to use the pending i485. What happens after i360 approval? How do we get to know if uscis is using the pending i485 or a new one has to be filed?

Basically 2018 and early 2019 cases..if you requested the i485 petition to be held pending when VAWA is approved, upon approval, your i485 will be transferred to NBC then local office to join the queue for interview. For me I got a letter saying my i485 has been transferred to VSC...then after approval, it was transferred again to NBC, then my local office..that is all past now.👍

On 9/18/2020 at 1:27 PM, sandranj said:

If your case was filed with a lot of mistakes  then ask your attorney your the money back, and tell if he doesn't give your money back you will represent him to the Bar Association.I recommend you to submit a certified letter stating all his mistakes, and then  he will know you are not bluffing.

It was not yet filed but they made a lot of mistakes on the simplest of forms and filled out the additional wrong forms and really messed up the support documents: they put in an outdated i-94, duplicates for bank statements, made general order mistakes like mixed up cover letters from different therapists etc..

Also never reviewed any of the statements so I'm shooting in the dark. 

I think I am going to file my own petition - does anyone have a template to ask to hold form i-485 and transfer it to be tied to i-360?

Also, has anyone tried to get your money back or report an attorney to the Bar? 

Please let me know.

4 hours ago, Apolo said:

My experience was that once i left him, i feelth so relieved, and the first few days, it felt amazing, no fear, no anxiety about what may happen. One of my mistakes was that i didn't change my phone number and that i didn't file for a restraining order right away. Then again, my case was quite extensive, what i mean by that is that the abuse continued, and i had to file multiple restraining orders since he always violated them. He also hired a PI to find me and to continue to abuse and harassed me. Then again, then he also had like good moments, when he was saying how he was wrong and feel guilty for what he did and how sorry he is, but he never changed. He always went back to his mean and abusive behavior.  One advice that i def want you to follow if you can is. If something happens and he/she continue to abuse and harras, don't be afraid to file charges. I just recently filed charges, and that made hi stop. He went away for now. I didn't want to file charges because when you love someone, you always give them a chance, and you don't want to put them in jail or harm them, but just like a few police officers told me, and also the two judges and the states attorneys and the family center told me multiple times told me mine/your safety is important and if someone is trying to harm you that means that they don't care about you and /me/you have to do what you have to do to keep yourself safe even if it means that you have to press charges and to call the police not to be afraid. After i pressed final charges, he was warned by the judge that if he does it again, he will go to jail this time. So don't be afraid to protect yourself. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm actually scared of leaving. One of my primary concern is losing my source of income, and I'm still not done writing my declaration. Still trying to get through to a psychologist too. I've reached a stage where I lost my confidence in my decisions. When did you file for divorce (before leaving or after leaving)?

3 hours ago, HereOne said:

- Financial resources to survive.

- If possible, get a restraining order. 

- Change your phone number. 

- Change all you passwords. 

- Spend your 100 to file VAWA (if you haven't already). It is really not complicated if you just follow the steps. 

- Start learning meditation and self-care (if you don't practice already). 

- Read books that help your mind and soul to empower you. 

- Never look back and be proud of yourself. 

- Surround yourself with positive people and things. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm saving so I have enough to survive and I'm not in danger to file for a restraining order. Perhaps, if things get bad when I leave, then I'll get one. 

Friends, did anyone use a PO box only? What happens if your folder is returned and your PO box only accepts letters, not big packages? Anyone has experience in this? I read that USPS doesn't accept returned packages if the PO size is small

another question; how do I know where I-485 is sitting? the status is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Edited by Kiesel

15 minutes ago, Kiesel said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm actually scared of leaving. One of my primary concern is losing my source of income, and I'm still not done writing my declaration. Still trying to get through to a psychologist too. I've reached a stage where I lost my confidence in my decisions. When did you file for divorce (before leaving or after leaving)?

don't lose faith and all i can say is if you have a work permit or a job leave, i was just like you afraid to leave even tho i was the person with the income, you need to move away and hopefully you will be able to recover and move forward with your life, me personally i'm still depressed and scared and kind a antisocial, i hope that if im allowed to stay in this country and my AOS gets approved i will be able to finally move forward.Just have faith and know things will get better, if you need help or if there is a way we can help please let us know. One thing i have realized that this forum and the people that are here are like one big family and we are here for each other in one shape or form.

3 hours ago, Kiesel said:

Friends, did anyone use a PO box only? What happens if your folder is returned and your PO box only accepts letters, not big packages? Anyone has experience in this? I read that USPS doesn't accept returned packages if the PO size is small

I personally didn't have big packages arrive to my PO box but I did ask people working there what happens if I receive one - they said they put in a slip in your box and keep the package in a separate room. 

3 hours ago, Kiesel said:

another question; how do I know where I-485 is sitting? the status is ready to be scheduled for an interview

If the package is too big they will generally put a slip in your PO Box and keep your package for a few days in the backroom.

If it's ready to be scheduled for an interview then it's most likely at the field office. You can find your field office by ZIP code here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Best to write to both the service center and to the field office requesting to hold the I-485. Worst case scenario one of those requests will be thrown in the trash.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hi everyone,

I have a question but I’m not sure what to do. My ex (the abuser) has filed contempt of court because he has not been able to see our daughter ( back story: his visits are supervised, and his sister assaulted me during the exchange) due to the fact that he will only have his sister supervise the visits.  One of the requests is that he wants my address, according to the family attorney I hired he states it’s my ex’s right to know where our child is.  I have applied for the address confidentiality from the state but haven’t heard anything back. The police response time is about 10-20 minutes ( the division is very small), I’ve alerted a policeman that has the route to check in on me, and if he hears me address to please come ASAP. But has anyone have to give their abuser their address in custody court? My attorney says I’m acting like a victim...

4 hours ago, Kiesel said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm saving so I have enough to survive and I'm not in danger to file for a restraining order. Perhaps, if things get bad when I leave, then I'll get one. 

Then I suggest to be ready for plan B and filling for restarting order as well; the number that you have to call and things like that. I suggest to let them know (the VAWA hotline) that you are planing to leave. 

The more prepared you are, the less stress you go through and you will enjoy your freedom. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
2 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

Hi my friend, sweetie,

@sandranj

I got I-485 approved!

Total 988 days , 2 years9 months 

I can’t believe that! Thank you guys !

I love here anyone ,  from here I Learning a lot. Here give me a lot of help. And Sandranj told me how to face to my arrest record .

if someone still on waiting your vawa approved and greens card approved , you should be come to here study and Learing something .

due to may be you miss some document or have some arrest record .

if you have arrest record , you should be go to expungement your record . That is easy to do it .

i done that by myself.

when I ready my I-360

i went to saw my psychologist , they write the report to me ,  That help my I-360 a lot , make vawa easy approved .

and about my I-485 , must be ready I-485 security question , if you don’t know question , you should be translated To your language and bring to interview . 

when they asking you , you can take your I-485 translates language to look at that and answers the security question. Don’t alway answer No , because they will be think so maybe you don’t understanding the security question .

Houston tx 

9/21/2020 got I-485 mail card to me! 

9/14/2020 interview date 
9/3/2020 got interview notice 

8/25/2020 sent interview notice from houston 

8/21/2019 transferred to NBC 
8/21/2019 approved I-360 
3/22/2018 sent I-485 and I-765

1/7/2018 I-360 PD date 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: EAC181

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On September 21, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC181, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

Congratulations 🍾🎉🎈🎊 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

4 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

Hi my friend, sweetie,

@sandranj

I got I-485 approved!

Total 988 days , 2 years9 months 

I can’t believe that! Thank you guys !

I love here anyone ,  from here I Learning a lot. Here give me a lot of help. And Sandranj told me how to face to my arrest record .

if someone still on waiting your vawa approved and greens card approved , you should be come to here study and Learing something .

due to may be you miss some document or have some arrest record .

if you have arrest record , you should be go to expungement your record . That is easy to do it .

i done that by myself.

when I ready my I-360

i went to saw my psychologist , they write the report to me ,  That help my I-360 a lot , make vawa easy approved .

and about my I-485 , must be ready I-485 security question , if you don’t know question , you should be translated To your language and bring to interview . 

when they asking you , you can take your I-485 translates language to look at that and answers the security question. Don’t alway answer No , because they will be think so maybe you don’t understanding the security question .

Houston tx 

9/21/2020 got I-485 mail card to me! 

9/14/2020 interview date 
9/3/2020 got interview notice 

8/25/2020 sent interview notice from houston 

8/21/2019 transferred to NBC 
8/21/2019 approved I-360 
3/22/2018 sent I-485 and I-765

1/7/2018 I-360 PD date 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: EAC181

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On September 21, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC181, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.