2,966 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Kiesel said:

I was able to find a psychologist over this weekend, and she said the process is a psych test, one 2-3 hour sessions where I tell the story of my life, and then she'll write the report. That's it.She asked about my personal declaration, but as advised in earlier threads, I should never share it with the psychologist. She's involved with non profits and seems like she's done hundreds of evaluations.

I did not know that personal declaration should not be shared with the person writing the psychological report. May I ask why guys?

45 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

I did not know that personal declaration should not be shared with the person writing the psychological report. May I ask why guys?

They may copy what you wrote, and in some way it may not be objective I guess? I read this in earlier threads. Sandraj knows of multiple cases rejected because the psychologist copied the personal declaration. It's best if they hear from you and then write themselves. 

I have one more question and if there is an attorney around I would really appreciate advice, I just finished filing up my N400 application based on an approved vawa 3 years ago, while looking for some documentation I found a paper that says I was put on removal procedures  after they denied my 480, so I filed With my ex husband but he did not come to the interview, therefore My 480 was denied but officer advised to file for vawa, it was then approved, but The N400 asks if I have ever been put on removal procedures, I have to say yes because of the paper I found, will this affect rhe citizenship decision?

53 minutes ago, Kiesel said:

They may copy what you wrote, and in some way it may not be objective I guess? I read this in earlier threads. Sandraj knows of multiple cases rejected because the psychologist copied the personal declaration. It's best if they hear from you and then write themselves. 

Yikes. Any advise on how to fix something like this?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

They will copy and paste your personal statement into their evaluation instead of actually completing an individualized personal evaluation.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kiesel said:

Friends, I know someone may have asked the same before, but is it normal to hesitate to file for VAWA? 

Definitely is. You just have to realize that the abuser wasn't too worried about your wellbeing while doing all those hurtful things, so you shouldn't worry as well. Go for it and get what's yours!

10 hours ago, lunadelotto said:

I have one more question and if there is an attorney around I would really appreciate advice, I just finished filing up my N400 application based on an approved vawa 3 years ago, while looking for some documentation I found a paper that says I was put on removal procedures  after they denied my 480, so I filed With my ex husband but he did not come to the interview, therefore My 480 was denied but officer advised to file for vawa, it was then approved, but The N400 asks if I have ever been put on removal procedures, I have to say yes because of the paper I found, will this affect rhe citizenship decision?

It will NOT affect your citizenship decision. They have all records..so answer correctly. They apparently can see how it played out as well..you have nothing to worry about.👍

Friends, I know someone may have asked the same before, but is it normal to hesitate to file for VAWA? 

Hey when you say hesitate, do you mean re-think or simply just wait a bit for no reason? The only hesitating you should be doing is while carefully gathering your evidences! Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them a better angle to aim at you!🔫 run🏃 while you can! Also remember..if you have to shoot, shoot🔫 don't talk!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would not say hesitate, but I took my time gathering all of my evidence to make sure it was correct and valuable as proof of abuse.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 1:22 PM, Dordor1 said:

Hi there. Thank you so much for responding to my post. I do have an attorney that is representing me with my annulment case. I wasn’t able to get through to him yesterday (Friday) so I’ll try Monday morning. My husband and I do not have anything joint, no assets and no debts together. The one joint bank account we had, he closed a month before serving me with annulment papers as it was all his money since I wasn’t working and cancelled my health insurance which I had through him also.

I’m now working since I got my EAD and have been saving for school. Did you have to disclose all your bank balances? Do I have to disclose my bank balances? They ask to list all assets and debts. I have no fixed assets, no house nor car nothing. I am afraid to lose all my little savings to this case and my husband.

Discovery requires you to list of all these, if you have no assets, state same. The information helps the court make decisions including but not limited to child care assuming you have kid(s) together.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:22 PM, Dordor1 said:

Hi there. Thank you so much for responding to my post. I do have an attorney that is representing me with my annulment case. I wasn’t able to get through to him yesterday (Friday) so I’ll try Monday morning. My husband and I do not have anything joint, no assets and no debts together. The one joint bank account we had, he closed a month before serving me with annulment papers as it was all his money since I wasn’t working and cancelled my health insurance which I had through him also.

I’m now working since I got my EAD and have been saving for school. Did you have to disclose all your bank balances? Do I have to disclose my bank balances? They ask to list all assets and debts. I have no fixed assets, no house nor car nothing. I am afraid to lose all my little savings to this case and my husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.