Jump to content
Andrew123

Timeline Green card CR1 after POE

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its already been 2 and half month my Spouse been on US in CR1 visa. Her Green card hasn’t arrived yet. Her friend who entered in US at the same date has already got Green card in 40 days. Do anyone know why it’s taking this long for her? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to General Immigration-Related Discussion.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Unfortunately for some people it just takes longer to receive the card. Some of us have been waiting for the card since march, meanwhile others who arrived after already have it. You just have to wait, and if after 120 your wife hasn’t received her card, she can make an inquiry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew123 said:

Its already been 2 and half month my Spouse been on US in CR1 visa. Her Green card hasn’t arrived yet. Her friend who entered in US at the same date has already got Green card in 40 days. Do anyone know why it’s taking this long for her? 

It’s a mixed bag for sure ..no rhyme or reason to it .. husband’s card arrived in  6 weeks .. mine arrived 5 months later. Same visa category, same arrival day..  

Up to 120 days is considered within normal processing .. though they have been slower since  March this year .. Good thing her stamped visa is good for 12 months as evidence of her status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, Jazii said:

My POE was 21st april chicago. Its 16 sep and i have not received my green card yet. Nearly 5 months.

That way long.. Did you check status online? What it says on online status?

And did you try to call them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

That way long.. Did you check status online? What it says on online status?

And did you try to call them?

I submitted an inquiry after 4 months and called them as well...they said to wait for 30 days for a response...also i can put another inquiry only after 30 days since the last inquiry.....the online status says the green card fee has been received....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 12:17 AM, Iscir said:

Unfortunately for some people it just takes longer to receive the card. Some of us have been waiting for the card since march, meanwhile others who arrived after already have it. You just have to wait, and if after 120 your wife hasn’t received her card, she can make an inquiry.

Have u received the card...its nearly 5 months for me...my POE was in April..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 9/20/2020 at 12:49 AM, Jazii said:

Have u received the card...its nearly 5 months for me...my POE was in April..

yes, i did. here’s my timeline:

 

POE: 03/03/2020

Card in production: 08/17/2020 (after two inquiries)
Card mailed: 09/03/2020
Card received: 09/08/2020

 

I had to make two inquiries. The first inquiry was as soon as my 120 days were up, and i didn’t receive any response for it, it wasn’t even assigned to someone, so I had to make another inquiry 30 days later. I used Emma to talk to a representative who made the inquiries for me, because when I tried to do them on my own, the system didn’t let me. 

Edited by Iscir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Iscir said:

yes, i did. here’s my timeline:

 

POE: 03/03/2020

Card in production: 08/17/2020 (after two inquiries)
Card mailed: 09/03/2020
Card received: 09/08/2020

 

I had to make two inquiries. The first inquiry was as soon as my 120 days were up, and i didn’t receive any response for it, it wasn’t even assigned to someone, so I had to make another inquiry 30 days later. I used Emma to talk to a representative who made the inquiries for me, because when I tried to do them on my own, the system didn’t let me. 

How you used emma to talk to representative...it only gives me general info....does not helpt me to connect to anybody...can u help plss..what should i write to emma so that she connects me to someone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jazii said:

How you used emma to talk to representative...it only gives me general info....does not helpt me to connect to anybody...can u help plss..what should i write to emma so that she connects me to someone

enter "representative"

 


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Jazii said:

How you used emma to talk to representative...it only gives me general info....does not helpt me to connect to anybody...can u help plss..what should i write to emma so that she connects me to someone

yes, I write “chat with a representative” and then emma asks your case number, and reason or needing a representative. that’s all :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...