Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Update:

My name change decree was sent a week later to my old address ans that's what wasted 12 weeks of my time contacting tier 2

Went to the local district Court and got it printed out 5 minutes later. 

Got my social updated. 

Now there is war in Ukraine so I gotta bring my mom here... it's one thing after another I guess.. so I'll be sticking around the forum on other topic threads. 

Good luck everyone. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Dumb question but does my husband have dual citizenship now or just American?

Jan 1995- Dh ewi for the second time

July 1998- DH married first wife

July 1998- Ex-wife filed i-130

Aug1998- i130 approved

March 2003- We got married!

Nov 2009- Filed i130

March 2010- i130 approved

Aug 2010-Oct26 2010- Found lawyer, she's helping us apply under 245i

Sent AOS Packet

Nov 14, 2010- USCIS received the AOS packet

Nov 22,2010- NOA 1-797C Received

Jan 18,2011- Biometrics appt

Jan 25, 2011- EAD Card Ordered!!

Feb 2, 2011- EAD Card Received!

March 10, 2011- Interview Approved!

March 18, 2011- Received Green Card!!

hi Guys finally, i had my  citizenship interview today  in NJ  at Newark  offfice.

once you get into the building  pass the security check  and   take elevator to the 15th  floor,  security guy will give you direction   to  give  your appoinment letter at  the register ,  so they will  put you on the waiting  line ... i waited about 30 mins  after got called for the interview .

officer only asked passport and green card, he did his computer work  after started to ask questions.

questions were pretty basic and easy.

1-whats the  economical system in the usa

2-longest river in the usa

3-Who make laws

4-who is the father of our country

5- who is the chief justice in usa

6- what happened on september 11

after YES-NO questions

it was soo noisy and loud there  sometimes barely could hear the officer ..

once you done with your interview  they will  give you the  interview result letter N-652 .  so you can see on it  if you are passed .

they will tell you to sit and wait   for the next oath ceremony, this office provides same day oat ceremony  so maximum in 2 hours you will be available  to  take  an  oath and they will hand you the citizenship certificate.

i pray to God whoever is still waiting for  interview gets their interview letter  ASAP  and make it easy for  all of you guys .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
31 minutes ago, LARA_nj said:

hi Guys finally, i had my  citizenship interview today  in NJ  at Newark  offfice.

once you get into the building  pass the security check  and   take elevator to the 15th  floor,  security guy will give you direction   to  give  your appoinment letter at  the register ,  so they will  put you on the waiting  line ... i waited about 30 mins  after got called for the interview .

officer only asked passport and green card, he did his computer work  after started to ask questions.

3-Who make laws

after YES-NO questions

once you done with your interview  they will  give you the  interview result letter N-652 .  so you can see on it  if you are passed .

they will tell you to sit and wait   for the next oath ceremony, this office provides same day oat ceremony  so maximum in 2 hours you will be available  to  take  an  oath and they will hand you the citizenship certificate.

i pray to God whoever is still waiting for  interview gets their interview letter  ASAP  and make it easy for  all of you guys .

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, LARA_nj said:

3-Who make laws

after YES-NO questions

Congratulations 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finally got notice of interview today for July 29 at Dallas field office. This happened 10 days after USCIS replied to my representative stating they have requested my A file. Applied I-751 on 05/19 and N-400 on 09/20.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I had my interview 07/15/2022 and i heard the word CONGRATULATIONS. Oat ceremony scheduled for later date. I cant believe this process is over for me. it has been a long mental draining process but i am excited. Thank you VJ, this process would have been a nightmare without you. And to you all still waiting, it is going to happen soon. 🥰

On 6/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, ramwho said:

Finally got notice of interview today for July 29 at Dallas field office. This happened 10 days after USCIS replied to my representative stating they have requested my A file. Applied I-751 on 05/19 and N-400 on 09/20.

13 hours ago, Blondie26 said:

I had my interview 07/15/2022 and i heard the word CONGRATULATIONS. Oat ceremony scheduled for later date. I cant believe this process is over for me. it has been a long mental draining process but i am excited. Thank you VJ, this process would have been a nightmare without you. And to you all still waiting, it is going to happen soon. 🥰

Congrats both, glad you are getting movement in your cases finally!!!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/16/2022 at 11:17 PM, Blondie26 said:

My Oath ceremony went well, I am officially a United States Citizen. I can not explain how I feel but I know I have been sleeping better . For those still waiting, be patient it will happen and I wish you all best of Luck.

Thank you VJ and everyone that has answered all my questions from my  K1 visa journey to my Naturalization process, You all are awesome.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Blondie26 said:

My Oath ceremony went well, I am officially a United States Citizen.

Congratulations. I’m so happy for you!

You might be one of the last ones of September 2020 filers. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 7:20 PM, Blondie26 said:

My Oath ceremony went well, I am officially a United States Citizen. I can not explain how I feel but I know I have been sleeping better . For those still waiting, be patient it will happen and I wish you all best of Luck.

Thank you VJ and everyone that has answered all my questions from my  K1 visa journey to my Naturalization process, You all are awesome.

Congrats Blondie! So happy your immigration journey has come to an end!!!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.