Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I had my oath ceremony!!! (It was just me) yesterday.

The USCIS is over!

Thanks for all your info and helps :)

If anyone has the link to the spreadsheet, please share so I can update my info.

Good luck and I hope you get yours asap!

2 hours ago, Irza said:

Hi Everyone!

I had my oath ceremony!!! (It was just me) yesterday.

The USCIS is over!

Thanks for all your info and helps :)

If anyone has the link to the spreadsheet, please share so I can update my info.

Good luck and I hope you get yours asap!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IsFBL5rIL-9JoT8BTK7wET1a6vQIDKEvDKRvVWg-29E/edit#gid=1544700262

I PASSED this morning. 
OATH SCHEDULED September 16th.

Las Vegas office. Interview scheduled for 10:30 a.m. arrived at 10 am and my husband stood there with my box of files while I waited in the AC in the car like the princess I am 😂

Got called in. At the door security said i do not need that box of files since I'm just doing my test and leave it with him,  if we need something they will let me out.

Got grabbed from the lobby by 10:33 am. Officer was proper. Not too stern just serious but friendly at the same time.. like he is just doing his job. Professional. I could not remember one of my trips which was the latest one date of departure and he allowed me to look through my cell phone to find out the date. I did place tabs in my passport for any arrival stamps so that helped.

We did test right away before we moved on to yes or no to get it out of the way.

Questions: only asked 6 cause I got it all correct and we stopped after that.
1. We elect senator for how many years? - 6
2. When was declaration of independence written? - 1787
3. When president can no longer serve, who becomes president? - Vice President
4. What are 2 rights? -Freedom of speech and religion.
5. What is the responsibility only for US  Citizen? - To vote In federal election
Reading: "What do we pay to the Governent?"
Writing: "We pay taxes"

Then we discussed the yes or no very quickly. Just like have you ever been a member of and then a bunch of stuff.

Went over my "parking citations". Were 3 speeding tickets but reduced by a lawyer to parking. And paid all fines. 

We went over the name change request and I signed those forms for the court. The officer explained very clearly every step.

Went over the address change as we just moved. So I filed AR11 the night before and we discussed I need usps change of address.

At the end we discovered my biometric pictures were more than 5 years old. So I was given a paper "Decision cannot yet be made" BUT if I went down the street and took 2 passport photos and brought it back today then I get the paper that says. "Congratulations you are approved".

So 45 min later after 2 walgreens that didn't have photo booth I dropped that off  to the receptionist and she said she will pass it to the officer when he comes out to grab the next person.

I logged on at 5 pm to my uscis and it says "Oath Letter has been mailed."
Under documents tab.
Oath ceremony is scheduled for September 16th.

Officer complimented my organization and that I filed everything by myself every time.

Interview lasted 1 hour.

Now we wait until the ceremony!
Good luck guys you are almost there!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone! Quick question on civics test - Most of the questions are either name one, 2 or 3 things but some are not like the one below:

What does the judicial branch do?
  1. ▪ reviews laws
    ▪ explains laws
    ▪ resolves disputes (disagreements)
    ▪ decides if a law goes against the Constitution

Are we supposed to remember all the answers to such questions or just one of them? Online tools that I am finding are usually just one answer out of all but wanted to confirm if need to remember all of these options. Thanks!

20 hours ago, Prashant Dewan said:

Hey Everyone! Quick question on civics test - Most of the questions are either name one, 2 or 3 things but some are not like the one below:

What does the judicial branch do?
  1. ▪ reviews laws
    ▪ explains laws
    ▪ resolves disputes (disagreements)
    ▪ decides if a law goes against the Constitution

Are we supposed to remember all the answers to such questions or just one of them? Online tools that I am finding are usually just one answer out of all but wanted to confirm if need to remember all of these options. Thanks!

Just one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, opihur said:

Got my interview scheduled for September 8th in San Francisco. 

Congrats! When did you get your letter? I'm also in SF and haven't heard anything (other than bio reuse) since applying in September 2020.

K1

Spoiler

2014-12-16 I-129F Sent
2014-12-22 (TSC) I-129F NOA1

2015-06-25 Messaged Congressman, 2015-06-30 Sent Privacy form for them to inquire with TSC on our behalf, 2015-07-09 Congressman inquired on our behalf: 2015-07-09

2015-08-11 I-129F NOA2 APPROVED
2015-11-20 Visa Interview
2015-12-23 POE

2016-01-27 Marriage

AOS

Spoiler

2016-02-11 Mailed application
2016-02-16 Application received
2016-02-23 NOA 1 texts EAD + AOS
2016-02-29 NOA 1 Hard copies
2016-03-17 Biometrics Appt
2016-03-22 RFE on case status
2016-03-28 RFE hardcopy. Reason: i864 page 3 part 4 not filled out. Do not delete sponsor's name in part 11 "additional info" it will delete name in part 4.
2016-04-04 Mailed RFE response
2016-04-08 RFE response received by USCIS (case status updated on 2016-04-11)

2016-04-22 EAD APPROVED

2016-04-29 EAD Hard copy received

2016-05-09 RFE blue sheet (from Irving TX?) saying Medical is expired??? (Medical was performed November 2015)

2016-05-10 Called USCIS. Was told to mail a response that my medical is not expired. Did that, then freaked out after seeing people got DENIED doing that. Intercepted my package with USPS Package intercept... Thankfully it worked.
2016-05-18 Mailed new Medical. No status update re: if it was received.
2016-06-07 NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED CASE STATUS UPDATE

ROC
Spoiler

2018-03-13 Mailed application
2018-03-15 NOA1 date

2018-04-20 Biometrics notice date
2018-05
-11 Biometrics Appt

2019-04-24 Greencard received! 

N400

2020-09-30 Receipt Notice (filed online)
2020-12-14 Biometrics Reuse

Applied date 09/29/2020,Reused bio 02/20/2021, until this time still don’t hear any update yet,hoping and praying it will be soon before end of this year coz my green card will expired middle of next year 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Applied date 09/13/2020,Reused bio 02/19/2021 .. San Bernardino Field Office & still waiting, any other fillers from San Bernardino who applied around the same time?.

Hello everyone,

My interview is in 1 week, so I just want to make sure, that I am bringing everything they need!

So I applied under 5 year rule, I got my green card through marriage, however I divorced almost a year ago ( we were married more than 5 years). 

I'll bring my:

-notice letter, green cards ( 2 & 10 year), passport, and state ID,

-Divorce decree,

-Tax transcripts for 5 years 

-a few paystubs to show that I am still employed

Do I need to bring : my marriege certificate, my ex husband's naturalization certificate (I have only a copy) not the original? My ex's divorce decree, he was married once before he married me? Do I need to bring any supporting documents like bills etc, until we were together?

Just want to make sure that I'll have everything with me! Better to be safe than sorry!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, DoraS said:

Hello everyone,

My interview is in 1 week, so I just want to make sure, that I am bringing everything they need!

So I applied under 5 year rule, I got my green card through marriage, however I divorced almost a year ago ( we were married more than 5 years). 

I'll bring my:

-notice letter, green cards ( 2 & 10 year), passport, and state ID,

-Divorce decree,

-Tax transcripts for 5 years 

-a few paystubs to show that I am still employed

Do I need to bring : my marriege certificate, my ex husband's naturalization certificate (I have only a copy) not the original? My ex's divorce decree, he was married once before he married me? Do I need to bring any supporting documents like bills etc, until we were together?

Just want to make sure that I'll have everything with me! Better to be safe than sorry!

If you qualified for 5 year rule then you don't need to bring anything they would need under 3 year. Only what they ask you. What you mentioned you would bring should be good enough. 

If you're on the fence and want to bring the extra stuff regarding your husband, you can. But they shouldn't ask you since you applied through 5 year. 

7 minutes ago, Zai-am said:

If you qualified for 5 year rule then you don't need to bring anything they would need under 3 year. Only what they ask you. What you mentioned you would bring should be good enough. 

If you're on the fence and want to bring the extra stuff regarding your husband, you can. But they shouldn't ask you since you applied through 5 year. 

Thank you so much for your quick reply! 

23 hours ago, DoraS said:

Thank you so much for your quick reply! 

It tells you on the notice what to bring. 

1. This letter

2. Green card

3. Your passport

If applying as a spouse of a US citizen

- marriage certificate

- proof of divorce (in your case)

- Your spouse's passport

What made you think you have to bring tax transcripts and paystubs???? 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:49 PM, opihur said:

Got an update online on August 4th, and a letter in mail a week later

Congrats.  Also applied in San Francisco on 9/15/20, got no true notice on Dec 15 2020.  I moved to Washington state in April. It took a while for my address to update but i eventually got a notice my interview was rescheduled on June 30 and will be rescheduled later.  Since then no update. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.