Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bk2014 said:

They collected the Green Card and the completed Oath Ceremony letter first. Then, they handed the Naturalization Certificate and asked us to take the Oath.

You could explain to them that you have lost your Green Card, and I think they will make a note of it in the Oath Ceremony letter at the top.

I don't think they will stop your Oath Ceremony just because you lost your GC. Don't worry. You will be fine.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, smileysjs said:

Are we the only ones left? I haven’t gotten a letter since the biometric reuse back in January. It’s been over a year now. It says estimated time left 2 months. Our branch is in South Carolina.

Nope, same boat. Dallas,TX field office

3 hours ago, bk2014 said:

They collected the Green Card and the completed Oath Ceremony letter first. Then, they handed the Naturalization Certificate and asked us to take the Oath.

You could explain to them that you have lost your Green Card, and I think they will make a note of it in the Oath Ceremony letter at the top.

I don't think they will stop your Oath Ceremony just because you lost your GC. Don't worry. You will be fine.

My green card expired last month and I have been infomally told by lawyers that having a valid green card is not needed at the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Emilly2021 said:

My green card expired last month and I have been infomally told by lawyers that having a valid green card is not needed at the interview. 

That's right. During Oath Ceremony, they only collected un-expired GC. They didn't collect expired GC.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:52 PM, smileysjs said:

Are we the only ones left? I haven’t gotten a letter since the biometric reuse back in January. It’s been over a year now. It says estimated time left 2 months. Our branch is in South Carolina.

you are not alone,  One year and 20 days already  past  and still havent heard anything after biometric reused notice .

My estimated time  shows  6 months,  unbelievable ! 

7 hours ago, LARA_nj said:

you are not alone,  One year and 20 days already  past  and still havent heard anything after biometric reused notice .

My estimated time  shows  6 months,  unbelievable ! 

I am a October filler from and have not received the letter. Estimated time for me is 7 months which us very annoying. Some are saying the processing time is not necessarily valid though. Looks like offices in California have the longest processing time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

At long last my online status changed to "

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOE9379023033, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I am still anxious and will only heave a sigh of relief after I actually get the physical notice in mail and eventually the naturalization certificate.

I will post updates as I receive them.

Timeline

Oath ceremony scheduled on November 08th, 2021 Monday at 9 am.

Even as I am typing this can't believe that finally this is happening.

More than happiness I really only feel relief and even now there is this unbearable wait till the 08th of Nov.

I wish everyone else waiting for their oath ceremony all the very best.

54 minutes ago, leonidas_alexan said:

Oath ceremony scheduled on November 08th, 2021 Monday at 9 am.

Even as I am typing this can't believe that finally this is happening.

More than happiness I really only feel relief and even now there is this unbearable wait till the 08th of Nov.

I wish everyone else waiting for their oath ceremony all the very best.

Congratulations. 
Was your n400 approved on the day of your interview?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessy1990 said:

Congratulations. 
Was your n400 approved on the day of your interview?

Thank you. 

Yes, when I received the N-652 ( a form which essentially lets you know the result of the interview) - the interviewing officer checked the box which essentially said "Congratulations, your application is recommended for approval".

In my case that was on January 06th 2021 - and apparently my application went for some sort of a secondary review which is also normal in some cases. 

4 hours ago, leonidas_alexan said:

Thank you. 

Yes, when I received the N-652 ( a form which essentially lets you know the result of the interview) - the interviewing officer checked the box which essentially said "Congratulations, your application is recommended for approval".

In my case that was on January 06th 2021 - and apparently my application went for some sort of a secondary review which is also normal in some cases. 

Okay… congratulations 🙂

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LARA_nj said:

Guys im stressed out    1 year and 2 months already passed .   

Haven't heard anything  after  receiving biometric notice reuse  on Feb 12th.

is there anything i can do about  it ?   Timeline shows  6 months.

There's nothing you can do but wait. I am in the same boat.

7 hours ago, LARA_nj said:

Guys im stressed out    1 year and 2 months already passed .   

Haven't heard anything  after  receiving biometric notice reuse  on Feb 12th.

is there anything i can do about  it ?   Timeline shows  6 months.

19 months waiting due to complete negligence of duty from the archives people that are still hiding from Covid and refusing to go back to work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.