Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, FK1 said:

Yes you can apply at any post office. Also how long after the interview was the oath ceremony? I have my interview tomm at Atlanta office.

About 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

9/23/2015 - Married F1 in San Jose, CA

1/5/2016 - Sent joint PAR (130), AOS (485), EAD (765) to Chicago Lockbox (NBC)

1/7/2016 - USPS indicated delivery at PO Box

1/14/2016 - NOA1 email for all 3: 130, 485, 765

1/15/2016 - Checks cashed according to BofA

1/25/2016 - Received NOA1 Letters in our mailbox

1/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in our mailbox

2/8/2016 - Fingerprinted at San Jose, CA Field Office

3/4/2016 - Suddenly decided to file 131 (AP)

3/21/2016 - Received NOA1 Letter for 131 (AP) in our mailbox

3/29/2016 - EAD "card being produced", then "case is approved" according to USCIS Case Status Check

3/31/2016 - AP "case is approved" according to USCIS Case Status Check

3/31/2016 - "Card Was Mailed To Me" according to USCIS Case Status Check

4/1/2016 - "Advance Parole Document Was Produced" according to USCIS Case Status Check... Err what?? I thought it's a EAD/AP combo card...

4/2/2016 - Received EAD Card in our mailbox... So it's NOT a EAD/AP combo card... I guess AP has an earlier expiration date? Oh no.

4/7/2016 - Received AP Authorization to Parole forms in our mailbox... 1 year expiration same as EAD...

5/18/2016 - Met with Congressman and inquired about I-485 status

5/23/2016 - Congressman replied that "cases are pending background check clearance." Oh no...

9/20/2016 - Applicant used AP at POE to enter United States

9/24/2016 - Received interview notice in our mailbox... Interview scheduled on 10/25/2016! Didn't receive any email notification... Hmm.

10/25/2016 - Interviewed at San Jose, CA Field Office. Case needed further review. Zzzzz...

10/26/2016 - AOS "Case was Approved" according to USCIS Case Status Check!!!!! Just one day...

10/31/2016 - "Card/Document Production... We mailed you the new card..." according to USCIS Case Status Check

11/3/2016 - Received USPS Priority Mail Envelope with GC in our mailbox! Green Card in hand finally!!!

10/1/2018 - Received USCIS reminder in mail to remove conditions

10/15/2018 - Sent Remove Conditions (751) application to Dallas Lockbox

10/19/2018 - Checks cashed according to our joint bank account

11/19/2018 - Nothing received in mail for 30 days

11/30/2018 - Received in the mailbox the 797c 18-month EXTENSION LETTER! Thank god!

12/1/2018 - Received in the mailbox Biometrics Appointment Notice

12/27/2018 - Fingerprinted at Louisville, KY field office

2/20/2019 - "Fingerprinted Review Was Completed" according to USCIS Case Status Check

10/9/2019 - "New Card is Being Produced" according to USCIS Case Status Check!

10/18/2019 - Received USPS Priority Mail Envelope with GC in our mailbox!

9/29/2020 - Applied for naturalization (N-400) online

9/29/2020 - Received USCIS update "Case was received"

6/15/2021 - Received USCIS update "N-400 Interview is Scheduled"

7/21/2021 - Interviewed at Atlanta, GA office. Passed! Oath Ceremony scheduled.

8/13/2021 - Oath Ceremony at Atlanta, GA office. Finally a US Citizen!

Hi there,

I had my interview on August 6th in Sacramento which I passed. Much simpler than anticipated. I made little typo mistake on writing test (I guess stress made me write Congress with 1 "s") but luckily not enough to fail the test. The officer was surprised that I still had pending ROC since May 2019 which he approved right after the interview.

Now I have scheduled Oath Ceremony for August 25th. But I am a bit worried. Even though I have a PDF of Oath Ceremony Scheduled on my online account, I still didn't receive official mail. I think there is some screw up on USPS side, as I got daily digest email from USPS with scan of the front of the USCIS's envelope last Monday but nothing actually showed up in the mailbox... Online notice on USCIS website says that I cannot e-request notice until September 10th...

If nothing comes, do you know if I can come to my Oath Ceremony with a printout of the PDF from USCIS website?

1 hour ago, maupolot said:

Hi there,

I had my interview on August 6th in Sacramento which I passed. Much simpler than anticipated. I made little typo mistake on writing test (I guess stress made me write Congress with 1 "s") but luckily not enough to fail the test. The officer was surprised that I still had pending ROC since May 2019 which he approved right after the interview.

Now I have scheduled Oath Ceremony for August 25th. But I am a bit worried. Even though I have a PDF of Oath Ceremony Scheduled on my online account, I still didn't receive official mail. I think there is some screw up on USPS side, as I got daily digest email from USPS with scan of the front of the USCIS's envelope last Monday but nothing actually showed up in the mailbox... Online notice on USCIS website says that I cannot e-request notice until September 10th...

If nothing comes, do you know if I can come to my Oath Ceremony with a printout of the PDF from USCIS website?

Yes. The same letter that you see online is what you will get in the mail. You should just print it out and go to your appointment. 

8 hours ago, HomingBaby said:

About 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

Just had my combo interview today and everything went smooth. The officer said i should expect to receive my letter for oath ceremony in 2-4 weeks time. My online status for both of my cases has not changed though. Does anybody know how long it usually takes to update after interview? Is there anything to worry about if it doesn’t?

22 minutes ago, FK1 said:

Just had my combo interview today and everything went smooth. The officer said i should expect to receive my letter for oath ceremony in 2-4 weeks time. My online status for both of my cases has not changed though. Does anybody know how long it usually takes to update after interview? Is there anything to worry about if it doesn’t?

In my case, 3 days after the interview I got notice that my I-751 got approved. 5 days after the interview message that Oath ceremony is scheduled.

39 minutes ago, maupolot said:

In my case, 3 days after the interview I got notice that my I-751 got approved. 5 days after the interview message that Oath ceremony is scheduled.

Thank you! How far out was your oath ceremony scheduled? Also if you don’t mind me asking what was your Local Office? 

On 8/7/2021 at 5:10 PM, SzSz said:

So they are not giving oaths same day in Santa Ana?

My mom’s interview is on Aug 17 at Santa Ana. 

Yes and no. My husband received same day ceremony. They told him he was lucky because sometimes their system is down and they have to scheduled those people for a future date. 

ROC I-751 Husband GC CR6 EXP 08/19
5/23/19 Mailed to AZ Lockbox (I-751, G-1145, Check, Supporting Evidence) USPS Priority

5/31/19 Received text of receipt with WAC case number

6/4/19 Received NOA in Mail (18 month GC extension)

12/9/19 Received biometrics appts (12/18)

12/29/19 Rescheduled biometrics appt (New date 1/28)

3/11/20 Online Update-New Card being produced

3/16/20 Case approved NOA dated 3/11 (card can take up to 60 days)

3/16/20 Online- Card was mailed

3/19/20 Received Card

WAC Filers Timeline Document

Spoiler AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131 Husband

Filed Concurrently I-130 (F1-Husband), AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131

11/18/2016 – mailed the application. ; 11/20/2016 – delivered application to Chicago.

Day 1 11/21/2016 - PD (Priority Date) date of I-130 ; Day 17 12/7/2016 – checks cashed.

Day 18-19 12/8-9/2016 – text/email notification that your application has been received.

Day 24 12/14/2016 NOA received I-797C for I-485, I-131, I-765 and I-797C for I-130 mail notification.

Day 29 12/19/2016– received biometrics appointment notification. Mark your calendar to attend.

Day 40 12/30/2016 – do the biometrics appointment. Scheduled Day 47 1/3/2017 but completed Day 43.

Day 61 1/20/2017 Online status change-We are ready to schedule your I-485 form for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Day 93 2/21/2017 Online status change-Approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. We will mail your approval notice.//Approved your Form I-131 (Advance Parole), Application For USCIS Travel Document. We will mail your approval notice.

Day 95 2/23/2017 Online status change- We mailed your new card for (I-765), to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by March 25, 2017 please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you.

Day 96 2/24/2017 Received Approval letters in the mail for I-765 and I-131.Day 99 2/27/2017 Received EADw/AP in mail.

Day 232  7/10/17 – interview appointment notification: Appt scheduled 7/7 for 8/9. ; Day 262  – the interview (Northern Virginia)

Day 270  New Card Being Produced ; Day 275  Card Mailed

12 hours ago, FK1 said:

Thank you! How far out was your oath ceremony scheduled? Also if you don’t mind me asking what was your Local Office? 

2.5 weeks after the interview. Local Office was Sacramento, CA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 7:32 AM, Irza said:

Based on my interview and other people's experience they don't do it at Santa Ana anymore.

Update on this,

My wife had her interview on 17th and she had same day path in Santa Ana.

I think mine was delayed due to the change I requested in my last name.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Got interview scheduled after after 2 business days of fingerprint retake. That was fast.. Sept 20 Mount Laurel, NJ.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:58 PM, FK1 said:

Yes. The same letter that you see online is what you will get in the mail. You should just print it out and go to your appointment. 

Question to those who already received their Scheduled Interview Notice...

Is this 4 page notice printed on both sides of the paper or is it one sided? 🙂 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:12 AM, opihur said:

Hi all! I was wondering what is the time line from the day you receive a notice for interview and the actual day of the interview. Thanks!

Notice July 25th.

Interview August 26th.

30 days. 

Also you can refer to the excel spreadsheet with all timelines listed. 

Hope this helps.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, LARA_nj said:

is  there any NJ filers still waiting ?

applied on  Sept 19th

Fingerprint reuse notice Feb 12th 

Still waiting 

Applied Sept 12, bio re-use Feb 12th. No update after that. Although I did move from NJ to TX after filing, I'm not sure where my case is

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.