dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview October 2020

258 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2020 at 2:08 PM, Xyrstine said:

I haven't officially DQ'd but have submitted all my docs for NVC on 28th August and requested an expedite then which has been approved today!

Awaiting contact from the embassy now to schedule an interview. 🤞

Good luck to everyone waiting!

It's not required right now.

What was your reason for expedite? I am around the same time frame as you and my wife is worried because she said her embassy is only accepting expedites right now.

1 hour ago, Keld said:

What was your reason for expedite? I am around the same time frame as you and my wife is worried because she said her embassy is only accepting expedites right now.

Under physical health grounds of the petitioner with proof.

28 minutes ago, Andresr said:

Hi, what email did you use for  expedited case or did you use the nvc page?

NVCExpedite@state.gov

Filed: IR-2 Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you,i guess you put your case number and then the reason you needed to expedite? Any thing else ,? How long did it take to confirme ,thank you again 

Edited by Andresr

19 minutes ago, Andresr said:

Thank you,i guess you put your case number and then the reason you needed to expedite? Any thing else ,? How long did it take to confirme ,thank you again 

This is a good guide; http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

It took roughly a week for acknowledgement and another 2 weeks for the approval. However, it may not be the same for everyone as every embassy is different.

Anybody know what is going with the London Embassy? From the spreadsheet I can see people waiting for their interview date since July. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

Anybody know what is going with the London Embassy? From the spreadsheet I can see people waiting for their interview date since July. 

The London Embassy has been conducting quite a few interviews in the last couple months, but I'm sure they still have a backlog from when they were closed. In July for instance they issued 107 IR1/CR1 visas, so they ARE making progress.

27 minutes ago, JenIE said:

The London Embassy has been conducting quite a few interviews in the last couple months, but I'm sure they still have a backlog from when they were closed. In July for instance they issued 107 IR1/CR1 visas, so they ARE making progress.

Thank you for your response

2 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

This is a good guide; http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

It took roughly a week for acknowledgement and another 2 weeks for the approval. However, it may not be the same for everyone as every embassy is different.

Hiya! Did you receive an interview appointment letter after expediting? (We also expedited and booked our interview but have not received any appointment letter, which I'm worried will create problems at the interview...) 

4 hours ago, BGjiffy2021 said:

Hiya! Did you receive an interview appointment letter after expediting? (We also expedited and booked our interview but have not received any appointment letter, which I'm worried will create problems at the interview...) 

No, we got emails to schedule our own once approved and ready at the embassy. It won't allow you to book if you weren't allowed to. Jsut print off the interview appointment letter/email. I wouldn't worry. Good luck.

36 minutes ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Expedite refused as of late September 22nd. Not surprised. 

If we have another full blown lockdown in this country, which seems ever more likely as the days pass, I probably won't have seen my wife in person for upwards of a year. Great. 

Hopefully they schedule our interviews early October. Realistically though I was thinking it more likely to receive the email early in November for a December interview slot may be more realistic.

Just hoping they don’t suspend processing cases again. We’re in a similar position 😢  It has placed us under a lot of pressure not being able to really visit each other easily. 

5 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

Hopefully they schedule our interviews early October. Realistically though I was thinking it more likely to receive the email early in November for a December interview slot may be more realistic.

Just hoping they don’t suspend processing cases again. We’re in a similar position 😢  It has placed us under a lot of pressure not being able to really visit each other easily. 

We can but hope. Probably be October we hear about it if we're lucky. When was your DQ? 

I'm so sorry you're in this boat too. I'm so tired of this. 

12 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

I was DQ'd July 23rd. There were a few people got there interview dates who were DQ'd in June, but I'm not sure how much of that was due to expedite. Some of the late may ones went out a couple weeks ago thst were confirmed not expedited. From what I understand they go out one month with dates for the following month. Hope that helps. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.