Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Andrew L said:

Hey everyone, my fiance and I got our NOA2 on May 19th but we still haven’t heard anything back from NVC. Anyone else having a delay in their receiving notification???

Have you called them to get your case number? I think around 2-3 weeks after NOA2 you can call them :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

I’ve tried calling 7 times so far but keep receiving the same pre-recorded “Sorry, all of our callers are busy” and it hangs up :(

Le sigh - why does this not surprise me 🙃 I’m sorry I have no other suggestion. I know sometimes to get past the USCIS robot you can say certain things and it will transfer you to a human But with NVC I’m not too sure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Nuvana said:

Thank you! We initially received an email  saying there are no available appointments and that they put him on a wait list. Thankfully 2 weeks later we got a date for 29th. 

Now wondering what questions they will ask in the interview. 

Nice,. You should totally update your timeline and help other Australians with data. June or July? How are you guys doing with the states closing to Sydney right now?

Timeline
6 hours ago, yvonme said:

Nice,. You should totally update your timeline and help other Australians with data. June or July? How are you guys doing with the states closing to Sydney right now?

Will update.

June 29th is the interview. Tomorrow he goes for his medical. 

Just waiting to get his police clearance from the Indian embassy... They are the hardest to deal with. 

Lucky that he lives in Sydney and doesn't have to travel for the interview.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
12 hours ago, Andrew L said:

I’ve tried calling 7 times so far but keep receiving the same pre-recorded “Sorry, all of our callers are busy” and it hangs up :(

That was happening to me... were you calling the 0700 line? Try (603)334-0888. That one gets you through after waiting on the line.

Timeline
On 6/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, yvonme said:

Little over 2 months. I was good to go in May but we didn't get an appointment until July. A member in the Australia subforum recommended advising the embassy if youre open to cancellations and can traveil within x amount of time. 

oooh good to know, my partner lives in Canberra but has Sydney family to stay with, so might be able to get up there to interview if he has a couple day's notice of cancellations... I'll let him know about this tip once we actually get our NVC-Sydney info.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

oooh good to know, my partner lives in Canberra but has Sydney family to stay with, so might be able to get up there to interview if he has a couple day's notice of cancellations... I'll let him know about this tip once we actually get our NVC-Sydney info.

I didn’t know this either. I’m in Sydney so I can get to the consulate easily. Thank you for the info! 

Timeline
On 6/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, Nuvana said:

Thank you! We initially received an email  saying there are no available appointments and that they put him on a wait list. Thankfully 2 weeks later we got a date for 29th. 

Now wondering what questions they will ask in the interview. 

And... Got an email saying the interview is canceled due to the lockdown! 

😕😔😣

Timeline
8 hours ago, Nuvana said:

And... Got an email saying the interview is canceled due to the lockdown! 

😕😔😣

Mine has also been cancelled ☹ Very disappointing, my interview was less than 3 weeks away. Hoping that it won't take too long to receive a rescheduled interview date, and that it will still be held in July.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hi everyone. We still haven't gotten an NOA2. We got our NOA1 on Setember 8, 2020, so we're about 3 months overdue. I've filed an inquiry twice. The first time they sent back a form which essentially said "keep waiting" and then when I called USCIS, they told me that that form was a "resolution" and since it resolved the problem, I could not file another inquiry. The inquiry said the issue would be resolved in 30 days (it wasn't), then the form said the issue would be resolved 30 days from the date they sent the form (it wasn't). I reached out to 3 separate congressional representatives (my senator and rep and I happen to work for a rep in another state). 2 of them reached out to USCIS on my behalf but received the same "keep waiting" message in response, promising to resolve the issue "soon." That was about 2 weeks ago. If they don't resolve it in 45 days, we can contact them again. I have had 5 phone conversations with USCIS agents, one of whom escalated me to a tier 2 agent who had no more information than the Tier 1 agents. The Tier 2 agent told me she would transfer me to a supervisor, after which she said "I can't find anyone right now but someone will call you before the end of the day." They never called.

I am just at a complete loss. They can't tell me what the hold up is or why it's happening, and I worry that we've been long forgotten about. Of course, there's no way to inform them of this since all of the agents who work at the call center have no actual information and even the information they do have, they're not allowed to tell us. I don't know what to do anymore.

1 hour ago, q203 said:

Hi everyone. We still haven't gotten an NOA2. We got our NOA1 on Setember 8, 2020, so we're about 3 months overdue. I've filed an inquiry twice. The first time they sent back a form which essentially said "keep waiting" and then when I called USCIS, they told me that that form was a "resolution" and since it resolved the problem, I could not file another inquiry. The inquiry said the issue would be resolved in 30 days (it wasn't), then the form said the issue would be resolved 30 days from the date they sent the form (it wasn't). I reached out to 3 separate congressional representatives (my senator and rep and I happen to work for a rep in another state). 2 of them reached out to USCIS on my behalf but received the same "keep waiting" message in response, promising to resolve the issue "soon." That was about 2 weeks ago. If they don't resolve it in 45 days, we can contact them again. I have had 5 phone conversations with USCIS agents, one of whom escalated me to a tier 2 agent who had no more information than the Tier 1 agents. The Tier 2 agent told me she would transfer me to a supervisor, after which she said "I can't find anyone right now but someone will call you before the end of the day." They never called.

I am just at a complete loss. They can't tell me what the hold up is or why it's happening, and I worry that we've been long forgotten about. Of course, there's no way to inform them of this since all of the agents who work at the call center have no actual information and even the information they do have, they're not allowed to tell us. I don't know what to do anymore.

we have exactly the same situation. my fiance wrote and called wherever possible. sometimes it also seems to me that they forgot about us ( noa1 21 september.

Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, AishaniA93 said:

I didn’t know this either. I’m in Sydney so I can get to the consulate easily. Thank you for the info! 

You’re welcome! It was a tip someone told me. Not sure if it works - but worth to mention it. Sydney is on lockdown, does anyone know how this effects the Consulate?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, yvonme said:

You’re welcome! It was a tip someone told me. Not sure if it works - but worth to mention it. Sydney is on lockdown, does anyone know how this effects the Consulate?

Yes - it’s closed and all interviews cancelled 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.