Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, yvonme said:

We havent heard of a waitlist. We were told they will contact us when the restrictions lift.

This is what our email said:

Thank you for your response.

Our office is fully scheduled at this time and you have been placed on a waitlist. We will contact you should we receive any cancellations or have the ability to open more appointments.

For your awareness, wait-times are continuing to grow as we work through our backlog that was affected by COVID. If your situation changes, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

We appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon as we can.

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline

When my July 13 interview was cancelled, I was asked to reply and state that I would like to have my interview rescheduled once the Consulate reopens again. The below is the reply which I received. 

"Thank you for advising our office.

Our office will contact you with a new appointment as soon as restrictions are lifted. We appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon as we can."

Edited by Sharmarine

Timeline
10 hours ago, yvonme said:

My fiance is coming from QLD. They are going to stay in Sydney to avoid the 2 week quarentine back in QLD and leaving from there. I hope they dont take another 2 months to give us interviews from when our NOA2 arrived. 

I'm seriously considering doing the same, even if the requirement to quarantine has been lifted by the date of my interview. It makes more sense than having to apply for an exemption to re-enter WA, then leave Sydney to go back home, quarantine and then leave Perth to go back again to Sydney. 

I too hope that our interviews will be able to be rescheduled sooner rather than later, having to live life in limbo is horrible. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Sharmarine said:

I'm seriously considering doing the same, even if the requirement to quarantine has been lifted by the date of my interview. It makes more sense than having to apply for an exemption to re-enter WA, then leave Sydney to go back home, quarantine and then leave Perth to go back again to Sydney. 

I too hope that our interviews will be able to be rescheduled sooner rather than later, having to live life in limbo is horrible. 

The limbo stuff is terrible! I hear ya on that. I was starting to feel as '"why me" moment but it does help a little to know people are going through similar things beyond our control

Timeline
21 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

This is what our email said:

Thank you for your response.

Our office is fully scheduled at this time and you have been placed on a waitlist. We will contact you should we receive any cancellations or have the ability to open more appointments.

For your awareness, wait-times are continuing to grow as we work through our backlog that was affected by COVID. If your situation changes, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Mine says:

Our office will contact you with a new appointment as soon as restrictions are lifted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

More cases done this week, up 30% from last week, exactly 2k cases have been accepted and we are at about 80% case clearance.  Down to around 600 cases in the month.
image.png.27ccc4769c7c26159cdb64321fb37984.png
unknown.png

Timeline
14 hours ago, yvonme said:

The limbo stuff is terrible! I hear ya on that. I was starting to feel as '"why me" moment but it does help a little to know people are going through similar things beyond our control

Yes! Knowing that we are not alone with the extended wait and all the feelings that go along with it, does help a lot. As does this September filers thread, and a K1 Visa Process for Aussies group on Facebook, that group is like a safe haven and so very helpful too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone, My fiancé just had a meeting with nvc, he approved our nvc file, there was no problem in our file, but they said that they could not send our documents because the Ankara consulate did not accept new files, and they said they did not know when they would receive new files.
In this case, I think we are done with nvc and I want to send an e-mail to Ankara, but I ask for support from experienced friends who know how to speed up the content of the e-mail and request our documents from nvc as soon as possible, do I need to add any additional documents etc. to the e-mail? Thanks to everyone who supported 🙏

Timeline

Looks like lockdown in NSW was extended for another 2 weeks. But my fiancé told me that the cases are trending down. So fingers crossed this is it. 

Our Timeline:

Timeline
7 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

We just got the email Sydney got our information and can we complete the DS-160 and pay the fee so he can be added to the waitlist for the next appointments. We're hopping on that this weekend.

We are on the waitlist right now. Just trying to keep positive! 

Our Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello again thread, time for the weekly update.  Cases have crossed 80% completion this week. Slow week overall with 14 cases processed per day, but the non RFE cases that are works in progress are at less than 10%.
image.png.3920b3b2a0b716f7b7001a4c55c3c610.png
image.thumb.png.03c571dcf155bf83271b1168d3fd307b.png

Timeline
On 7/15/2021 at 8:13 AM, JustineC85 said:

We are on the waitlist right now. Just trying to keep positive! 

Confirmation today:

Hopefully all us Aussie partners get interviews soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.