Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ny2020 said:

My informed delivery shows I’m getting 2 mails from uscis. Is that what yours show as well? 
I know 1 is suppose to be a rfie for form 485 according to their notification sent lastweek.

Nevermind, just saw up above that 2 of you guys got 2 envelopes. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ny2020 said:

My informed delivery shows I’m getting 2 mails from uscis. Is that what yours show as well? 
I know 1 is suppose to be a rfie for form 485 according to their notification sent lastweek.

I don’t check informed delivery. But yes I got 2 of the exact same i944 RFIE letters. Not sure why, but sounds like others have as well. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tigerlily87 said:

I have this coming today. Perhaps the I 944RFE? It wouldn’t likely be my biometrics I’m guessing

I just looked at the RFIE we received and there was no border around the address -- there was one on our notices, though. Fingers crossed it's your biometrics!! Let us know.

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello August AOS Filers,

My wife received her 2nd RFI on Form I-485 and they are asking for Form I-944, which I already sent to them for the last RFI. I'm pretty sure I have everything except for the evidence on education equivalency for her degree. I'm pretty sure this is the reason, we got the RFI because she received her bio appointment for I-485. I tried to call USCIS, but the AI lady would not let me speak to a representative. Have anyone had this issue or something similar?

Edited by Justin & Sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Justin & Sara said:

Hello August AOS Filers,

My wife received her 2nd RFI on Form I-485 and they are asking for Form I-944, which I already sent to them for the last RFI. I'm pretty sure I have everything except for the evidence on education equivalency for her degree. I'm pretty sure this is the reason, we got the RFI because she received her bio appointment for I-485. I tried to call USCIS, but the AI lady would not let me speak to a representative. Have anyone had this issue or something similar?

I meant RFE lol.

Hi all, I saw my status changed as below. I am guessing this is for 944? I enrolled informed delivery on usps, but not see anything from uscis yet. Anyone knows how long it will take to receive the letter? Thanks!

On November 12, 2020, we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by November 27, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove personal information

Timeline
1 minute ago, houyuanpingguoshu said:

Hi all, I saw my status changed as below. I am guessing this is for 944? I enrolled informed delivery on usps, but not see anything from uscis yet. Anyone knows how long it will take to receive the letter? Thanks!

This was the same notification we received for an I-944 RFIE. It took one week from receiving the notification (Monday to Monday) for us to receive the letter on the West Coast (Los Angeles). 

Spoiler

Timeline
1 minute ago, houyuanpingguoshu said:

Got it! Then I will start preparing the documents.

There's a high likelihood that it's for the 944 given the timing and many others here receiving the same, but small warning that I don't think this notification text is exclusive to a 944 RFIE (it could be an RFIE for something else in your application).

Regardless, it's looking more and more like USCIS is committed to pushing as many of these out while they still can so probably a good idea to start preparing either way.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, partyintheUSA said:

There's a high likelihood that it's for the 944 given the timing and many others here receiving the same, but small warning that I don't think this notification text is exclusive to a 944 RFIE (it could be an RFIE for something else in your application).

Regardless, it's looking more and more like USCIS is committed to pushing as many of these out while they still can so probably a good idea to start preparing either way.

Yeah, you are right. Thanks for reminding, it can be other things. I am also checking other documents I sent in original pack to prepare.

I guess we need to submit 944 package no matter what, so yes, prepare ahead :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I received an email at 10:26 AM this morning from USPS informed delivery that shows a letter coming our way from the USCIS. I just checked the I-485 case status online and it says Request for Initial Evidence was sent, and says it was sent on November 12th. The employment authorization still says biometrics taken or whatever, and the travel document still says case received. The biometrics were taken on the 10th. We’re in riverside county CA. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

On 11/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, lgb2015 said:

Yeah the main timely things are education equivalence and the letter from credit bureaus - if you have those you're doing good! I don't know about your daughter I'm afraid! 

I got those both done back in August when I thought I was going to submit it. So they should both still be fine!

No updated status for the RFIE yet. I doubt I got lucky though. Only a matter of time.

Edited by Cilllah

Looks like I'm getting two letters from USCIS today (thanks USPS Informed Delivery!) - what's the guess it's just two requests for I-944? 😅 I'll let y'all know.

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.