120 posts in this topic

Timeline

I would recommend everybody to request for NVC expedite due to emotional hardship in case you have no other reasons. I followed these guidelines  http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/ and received an approval within 9 days (Seems like approvals are being sent out on Friday nights). Good luck everybody!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

If you check the case status, is it still at NVC or in Transit? You can probably assume that NVC sent the cancellation to clean you out of their queue, all cases are transferred to Frankfurt and they'll contact you directly for scheduling.

Edited by Quarknase

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, fran_z said:

I would recommend everybody to request for NVC expedite due to emotional hardship in case you have no other reasons. I followed these guidelines  http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/ and received an approval within 9 days (Seems like approvals are being sent out on Friday nights). Good luck everybody!

If everyone requests an expedite and they were all approved (highly unlikely), then, in essence, nobody will receive an expedite --everyone would be in the same queue.  If they could handle every one at once, they would be doing so -- they are processing as many cases as they can under current restraints/guidelines. 

Under the current travel bans, most K-1s from European/Schengen countries cannot travel to the US right now anyway, without risking travel and a two-week stay in another country, putting themselves at serious risk in doing so.  (For exampIe, Mexico -- the country of choice for many in which to shelter for two weeks to avoid the travel ban-- does not have CV-19 under any sort of control right now.)

Edited by jan22

2 minutes ago, jan22 said:

Under the current travel bans, most K-1s cannot travel to the US right now without risking travel and a two-week stay in another country, putting themselves at serious risk in doing so.  (For exampIe, Mexico -- the country of choice for many in which to shelter for two weeks to avoid the travel ban-- does not have CV-19 under any sort of control right now.)

How is that on topic? This thread is about IR-1/CR-1 cases. Also, consular posts in Schengen Area aren't issuing K-1 visas to individuals that are subject to PPNCOV. The few K-1 visas that are being issued are for those exempt to that proclamation and thus able to travel directly to the US; for example "(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21"

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, HRQX said:

How is that on topic? This thread is about IR-1/CR-1 cases. Also, consular posts in Schengen Area aren't issuing K-1 visas to individuals that are subject to PPNCOV. The few K-1 visas that are being issued are for those exempt to that proclamation and thus able to travel directly to the US; for example "(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21"

Sorry -- you're right.  I somehow thought I was reading in the K-1 forum -- my bad.   I'm well aware K-1s are not being routinely issued, but since thIs post was about expediting cases....  (But, I still worry for the indivuduals who are subject to the travel ban who got their visas before the bans were in place and are still trying to travel -- hope they stay as safe as possible!)

The first paragraph of my response stands, though.

Edited by jan22

Timeline
1 hour ago, jan22 said:

If everyone requests an expedite and they were all approved (highly unlikely), then, in essence, nobody will receive an expedite --everyone would be in the same queue.  If they could handle every one at once, they would be doing so -- they are processing as many cases as they can under current restraints/guidelines. 

Yes, in a non-pandemic-situation I would totally agree with you on this.

I personally assume that once the embassies reopen, it will be harder again to get an expedite approval. Just a feeling, no facts! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

If you check the case status, is it still at NVC or in Transit? You can probably assume that NVC sent the cancellation to clean you out of their queue, all cases are transferred to Frankfurt and they'll contact you directly for scheduling.

we have gotten this email friday late at night about 11 pm here and about 2pm at the east coast.

when i last checked it still says nvc, but its the weekend so i think they will update it on monday if that really had changed. 

Timeline

For the last two years my husband and I have just been waiting it out ourselves but this notification from the NVC actually alarmed us so I felt the need to create an account and write in this thread. We received it at 12:42 pm on July 31st, 2020. 

"Dear______,

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

If you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry."

At first we panicked because we were never given an interview date. The last email we had received was on June 1st saying that they received all our fees, etc and that they are working with the consulate in Frankfurt to schedule an appointment. I immediately called NVC, was on hold for about 35 minutes, and got through to an agent. She told me it was a "glitch" and that she has no timeline of when we could expect an interview date. After doing some Youtube research I heard about trying to expedite the process by sending a request. I submitted one about 2 hours ago. No idea what to expect but I found comfort reading all your responses. I will update you with the response that I receive from them.

Timeline

Hey all,

I've received same mail on Friday...

I was approved by nvc 06/03..

Also I got question abt expedite letter.. emotional hardtimes are not likely to help but if we use kurtzarbeit as reason would that be good enough

6 hours ago, Anita Reynoso said:

Hey all,

I've received same mail on Friday...

I was approved by nvc 06/03..

Also I got question abt expedite letter.. emotional hardtimes are not likely to help but if we use kurtzarbeit as reason would that be good enough

Hi Anita,

can you please explain little bit how to use kurtzarbeit? do you think they will accept it as a good reason and expedite the process?

Timeline
3 hours ago, JK786 said:

Hi Anita,

can you please explain little bit how to use kurtzarbeit? do you think they will accept it as a good reason and expedite the process?

I think that should work for all of us in Germany.. Nvc expedite if you suffer huge financial losses and kurtzarbeit is 40% less on our netto which is alot

Timeline
16 minutes ago, KatharinaT said:

Now I got an email that our expedite request got approved and frankfurt will contact me soon. 

But we never asked for a expedite. 

Did your status now in transit or still nvc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.