120 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Tom2308 said:

@fran_z@JK786 congrats to you both for having that interview scheduled!!! Can you tell me when you got the email that all forms are accepted and when you then actually got an email with your interview date? 

@Kunigunde - Hope you receive your email soon!! Wishing you all the best!

I got DQ on July 1th. 

Interview invitation came on August 14th. 

Interview on August 25th

47 minutes ago, KatharinaT said:

I got DQ on July 1th. 

Interview invitation came on August 14th. 

Interview on August 25th

Thanks for the insight! Did you get a faster process due to military/ urgent timeline etc.? We have no "special reason" to have a faster process, I am trying to understand what the "usual" time is to get that response. I think a month and a half seems to be average? Thanks again!

5 minutes ago, Tom2308 said:

Thanks for the insight! Did you get a faster process due to military/ urgent timeline etc.? We have no "special reason" to have a faster process, I am trying to understand what the "usual" time is to get that response. I think a month and a half seems to be average? Thanks again!

No, no faster process. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Tom2308 said:

@fran_z@JK786 congrats to you both for having that interview scheduled!!! Can you tell me when you got the email that all forms are accepted and when you then actually got an email with your interview date? 

We requested for expedite and got approved July 31 - received the interview date on Aug. 28.

I guess in the case of expedites the documents get send straight to the embassy. I never received an email that our forms are approved. The interview is next week, let's hope everything will work out. 😬

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, fran_z said:

@Anita Reynoso 

@Hopefullover

How did your interviews go?

I'm preparing my documents and am wondering if I should prepare the DS5540 or if they really don't want to see it anymore. 

Does anyone know?

It was ok,

I needed send them tax return for 2019 coz they didnt have it even we did upload to nvc...

They didnt ask for ds5540 he just asked me what I plan to do for work there

6 minutes ago, Anita Reynoso said:

It was ok,

I needed send them tax return for 2019 coz they didnt have it even we did upload to nvc...

I didn't need the ds5540 either. 

He asked me also, if I'm planing on working and what I want to do. 

They wanted to see my birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport and pictures. 

5 hours ago, fran_z said:

and am wondering if I should prepare the DS5540

"Applicants are not required to complete nor should they present the DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html The injunction from Make the Road New York, et al. v. Pompeo, et al. case is still in effect: https://www.nilc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MTRNY-v-Pompeo-PI-Order-2020-07-29.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 1:43 AM, Tschuulia said:

a few others and i just received an  automated email from nvc that they had cancelled our interview at the embassy in germany, FRANKFURT. 

we all never got an appointment scheduled yet but all are dq’d already.

what does this mean?

i saw a few older posts only about it so i just wanted to make sure that we do understand this email properly. 

thank you lots!

So today I got same email from NVC stating that appointment has been cancelled which never took place and NVC says they  will reschedule the interview I am confused why they send me this can you please help me 

Thanks 

Edited by Hamad2985

Timeline
On 9/14/2020 at 8:34 PM, Hamad2985 said:

So today I got same email from NVC stating that appointment has been cancelled which never took place and NVC says they  will reschedule the interview I am confused why they send me this can you please help me 

Thanks 

yes sure.

that basically is a glitch in their system. it sends you the applicant and petitioner an email while they will send your petition for the Visa to the embassy.

so i hope u'll hear from them soon if you havent already! good luck for further processing

On 9/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, Anita Reynoso said:

It was ok,

On 9/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, Anita Reynoso said:

It was ok,

I had my interview today. I need to send them the W2 documentation. Did you guys receive a piece of paper or did they tell you just verbally?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ingrosouf said:

I had my interview today. I need to send them the W2 documentation. Did you guys receive a piece of paper or did they tell you just verbally?

They just told me, didnt got any paper for it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, fran_z said:

We requested for expedite and got approved July 31 - received the interview date on Aug. 28.

I guess in the case of expedites the documents get send straight to the embassy. I never received an email that our forms are approved. The interview is next week, let's hope everything will work out. 😬

Lucky you! What was your reason for expedite? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, Tschuulia said:

yes sure.

that basically is a glitch in their system. it sends you the applicant and petitioner an email while they will send your petition for the Visa to the embassy.

so i hope u'll hear from them soon if you havent already! good luck for further processing

Thanks for your reply mate I got my case ready at embassy and you were right 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.