120 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

a few others and i just received an  automated email from nvc that they had cancelled our interview at the embassy in germany, FRANKFURT. 

we all never got an appointment scheduled yet but all are dq’d already.

what does this mean?

i saw a few older posts only about it so i just wanted to make sure that we do understand this email properly. 

thank you lots!

I just received the same email (9 mins ago) that Immigration appointment canceled at the US EMBASSY FRANKFURT. but we never received the interview date.

We have been waiting to receive interview date since 6/2 when our documents and everything were accepted and we received the email that NVC will work with embassy to schedule the interview. and Now today just got the email that our Interview appointment is canceled. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JK786 said:

I just received the same email (9 mins ago) that Immigration appointment canceled at the US EMBASSY FRANKFURT. but we never received the interview date.

We have been waiting to receive interview date since 6/2 when our documents and everything were accepted and we received the email that NVC will work with embassy to schedule the interview. and Now today just got the email that our Interview appointment is canceled. 

im on the same schedule as you are! 

embassy in germany is doing expedites and a few non immigrant visas only at the time and sending them emails is just you waiting for an email them saying they are currently understaffed.. ( to your other thead you have asked )

also its so weird.. i dont know really why and now everyone’s confused with the never scheduled interview  😅

i believe i read something somewhere but it wasnt here probably idk! cant remember.

if somebody has an idea, let us know 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, JK786 said:

i found this just very fresh post from somebody else. saying that the case might be sent to embassy now?

Timeline

We also received this email a few hours ago. We submitted a request to expedite and received an email this morning saying they were reviewing it. We weren't told that the expedite was approved though, so I'm not sure if that's related.

Edited by Kunigunde

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kunigunde said:

We also received this email a few hours ago. We submitted a request to expedite and received an email this morning saying they were reviewing it. We weren't told that the expedite was approved though, so I'm not sure if that's related.

i dont know but could be. 

although i havent expedited my case, even tho i want to hopefully very soon. 

This means you'll be scheduling your interviews with the embassy directly. My case is expedited and I received the same email shortly after receiving my expedite approval notice. This is good news for you all promise! You should receive another email from NVC stating that your case is being sent to the embassy and from there you'll hear about scheduling your interview from the embassy. Your case status on CEAC will change to "In Transit" and a few days after it will change to "Ready". This when the embassy should start contacting you about scheduling. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, TamDill said:

This means you'll be scheduling your interviews with the embassy directly. My case is expedited and I received the same email shortly after receiving my expedite approval notice. This is good news for you all promise! You should receive another email from NVC stating that your case is being sent to the embassy and from there you'll hear about scheduling your interview from the embassy. Your case status on CEAC will change to "In Transit" and a few days after it will change to "Ready". This when the embassy should start contacting you about scheduling. 

EVEN IF THE CASE IS NOT EXPEDITED?!?!

😳😳

i only read about this of expedited cases! 

or is that for non expedites as well?

18 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

EVEN IF THE CASE IS NOT EXPEDITED?!?!

😳😳

i only read about this of expedited cases! 

or is that for non expedites as well?

My case is expedited so it's difficult to say with 100% accuracy that this is for CR1/IR1 cases in your country whether expedited or not. I have seen others that were not expedited get this email and they have had the same process as me who is expedited. I can only thinks the consulates and embassies are pushing the spouse visas through now but doing things a bit differently.

Like here we have been requested to have our medical results before we can schedule out interview. Normally we are given an interview date and then we schedule a medical. Life is backwards but interviews are happening 🤗

Edited by TamDill

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TamDill said:

My case is expedited so it's difficult to say with 100% accuracy that this is for CR1/IR1 cases in your country whether expedited or not. I have seen others that were not expedited get this email and they have had the same process as me who is expedited. I can only thinks the consulates and embassies are pushing the spouse visas through now but doing things a bit differently.

Like here we have been requested to have our medical results before we can schedule out interview. Normally we are given an interview date and then we schedule a medical. Life is backwards but interviews are happening 🤗

yea its the same for us here in germany.

cant get a medical without the appointment at embassy being scheduled, just a few exceptions  but thats rare. 

dang, really nervous about monday now lol 

26 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

yea its the same for us here in germany.

cant get a medical without the appointment at embassy being scheduled, just a few exceptions  but thats rare. 

dang, really nervous about monday now lol 

Don't be nervous I'm positive it's good news for you guys in Germany. I'm sure in a few days you'll receive good news and things will move forward for you. Good luck and hope you get your good news soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.