23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

So my wife filed for AOS in April of last year (K-1 Visa applicant).  Our interview was scheduled in March of this year, but a week before the date USCIS cancelled it (Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered) due to Covid-19 and office closings.  Shortly after that, status changed to Case is ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview, and it has been like that since.

Today, the status just updated to Interview Cancelled (On July 29, 2020, we cancelled or descheduled the interview scheduled for your Form I-485.  We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you). 

Could this mean there is an issue?  Or are they waiving the interview?  Or cancelling for some scheduling issue and will re-schedule again?

Wondering if anyone has recently has this status.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, magicant said:

Or are they waiving the interview?  Or cancelling for some scheduling issue and will re-schedule again?

Either of these is possible.....I would think they are very possibly waiving the interview.....Good luck.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, magicant said:

So my wife filed for AOS in April of last year (K-1 Visa applicant).  Our interview was scheduled in March of this year, but a week before the date USCIS cancelled it (Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered) due to Covid-19 and office closings.  Shortly after that, status changed to Case is ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview, and it has been like that since.

Today, the status just updated to Interview Cancelled (On July 29, 2020, we cancelled or descheduled the interview scheduled for your Form I-485.  We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you). 

Could this mean there is an issue?  Or are they waiving the interview?  Or cancelling for some scheduling issue and will re-schedule again?

Wondering if anyone has recently has this status.

Thank you.

Yes we got that same message right before they waived our interview, but beware just because they waive it does not mean you still won't get an interview. My wife's GC is in hand and has been since April, but we have an interview next week!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Thank you both that is a bit reassuring.

Sarge2155, I find it odd that they would issue a green card before an interview?  Why would they bother issuing it if an interview is going to be scheduled anyway?  And what happens if for some reason things go wrong at the interview?  Will they then revoke the green card?

So you got interview cancelled.  Then did you get green card being processed, and then receive the card in the mail?  Then after, go Interview Scheduled?

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes we got that same message right before they waived our interview, but beware just because they waive it does not mean you still won't get an interview. My wife's GC is in hand and has been since April, but we have an interview next week!!!!!!

Did you clarify with USCIS that you will, in deed, have an interview?  This is the weirdest thing I have seen since I came onboard VJ.......

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

Did you clarify with USCIS that you will, in deed, have an interview?  This is the weirdest thing I have seen since I came onboard VJ.......

Yes as much as you can clarify with USCIS! We called twice the first person told us it was the rules that we had to interview Duh (was not a tier 2 officer) we called again and spoke to a tier 2 officer he said that he would elevate our case and they would send us an email answer on or before the 24th of July (which has passed and we are still waiting for it), but he did say if we heard nothing definitive either way that yes we had to attend the interview. He was fully aware of the GC being in hand.

So regardless of what they say we are going to attend or at least show up for the interview on August 6th. I would hate to miss an interview no matter who's fault it would be. It's no problem though we are prepared and are taking everything they would want to see including the kitchen sink LOL. There is also another person from the UK we are Philippines, but both Dallas office they are in the same boat their interview is on the 4th of August. I am thinking this just might be a Dallas local office thing, as there are several couples who received the so called wavier, but only two of us has came forward to inform about the interview after GC in hand. Very strange yes, but we got this. Is this a first you have seen of this here on VJ over the years?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, magicant said:

Thank you both that is a bit reassuring.

Sarge2155, I find it odd that they would issue a green card before an interview?  Why would they bother issuing it if an interview is going to be scheduled anyway?  And what happens if for some reason things go wrong at the interview?  Will they then revoke the green card?

So you got interview cancelled.  Then did you get green card being processed, and then receive the card in the mail?  Then after, go Interview Scheduled?

Thanks again.

I have no idea why they would do this,  no one here on VJ has a clue either. GC has been on hand since April. Original interview was scheduled for April 17, then cancelled, then went back to ready to schedule, then to new card being produced. It's all in my time line under  AOS comments with the exact dates if you care to look.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline

Well hopefully it all works out for you.  It seems like I got an extra cancel notice thank you though.  I figured if they were going to waive the interview it might go straight to card being produced, unless they have to cancel the interview first.  This was the order of statuses for my wife:

- Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

- Interview was Scheduled

- Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered (this was due to USCIS closing due to Covid-19)

- Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

- Interview Cancelled

Hopefully I get the letter in the mail soon and it's good news.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Soooo my wife gets a bunch of calls from a NO NUMBER and doesn’t answer thinking it’s spam.  Then she gets a text (showing a number) saying USCIS is trying to contact her regarding her interview appointment.

I called the number and a guy just answers Hello.  I asked if it was USCIS and then he says yes and he is reaching out to people to tell them about their interview appointments because letters are delayed in the mail.  He gives me my wife’s name and A number and says our interview is this coming Wednesday!

I called the official USCIS number and after a 45 minute wait I was able to get confirmation that the call was real.

Our status still says Interview Cancelled instead of saying it is scheduled.  I asked how we will get into the building without an interview letter and she said just to bring the text message (even though the message doesn’t give a date or time).

I called the guy back and asked for an e-mail confirmation or something, but he said he couldn’t send anything, interview letter is not required, and any problem we can call him on that day.

Now I only have a few days to add all the additional material to the package and prepare for this.  And hope, if I don’t get the letter, that we are not turned away.

I was expecting about a month’s notice.  Geeez.  I was also freaking because I had no power or internet for 4 days but luckily it came back on last night so I have the weekend to work on this.

Anyway, not sure if anyone else will have a similar situation.  But if he didn’t text and we missed the call, we could have missed the interview.  Crazy.

Edited by magicant

Timeline

Well don't know if anyone is still following this.  Still no letter in the mail and tomorrow is the interview.  Hoping we have no issues getting in without an actual interview letter, or any other issues for that matter.  Will update after the interview.

Timeline

Sorry didn't get a chance to update.  We had the interview and passed. 2 guards (to enter the building) were nice, one was very rude.  We kept hearing different times that we could enter.  They let us in 25 minutes before interview time, and luckily it was enough time to get through the airport type security, check in, etc.

Didn't have any trouble without having interview letter, however I brought a copy of the original interview letter, the cancellation letter, screenshots of all the website updates, a screenshot of the text from USCIS trying to contact my wife, and a brief written transcript of our 2 conversations with the 2 USCIS agents, stating the interview date and time and that they confirmed no new letter is needed.  They seemed mostly interested in the original interview letter only.

Got called 35 minutes after interview time.  Interview was about 25 minutes.  Didn't ask much.  Briefly looked through evidence, only kept photocopy of our wedding album.

Didn't make a decision there, but said if all good will get green card in 2 to 3 weeks.

On way home status changed to NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED.  Then next day it change to YOUR APPLICATION WAS APPROVED.  That seems backwards to me.  Thought it would be approved, new card being produced, new card being mailed.

So now just waiting for Green Card, hoping no issues getting it to us, etc.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, magicant said:

On way home status changed to NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED.  Then next day it change to YOUR APPLICATION WAS APPROVED.  That seems backwards to me.  Thought it would be approved, new card being produced, new card being mailed.

It's weird, but that's how it usually goes.

Progression of approvals for something results in a card from USCIS is typically card being produced -> approved -> mailed -> card picked up by USPS (this gets you a tracking number) -> delivered

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks that is a little reassuring.  It is 2 weeks now and still no change.  I'm hoping it changes soon.  He told us we should get it in 2 to 3 weeks, however we received an approval letter in the mail and it says to call if you don't get the card (or a biometrics appointment, which I assume we won't need) in 90 days.  So just have to keep waiting.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/29/2020 at 12:53 PM, Sarge2155 said:

I have no idea why they would do this,  no one here on VJ has a clue either. GC has been on hand since April. Original interview was scheduled for April 17, then cancelled, then went back to ready to schedule, then to new card being produced. It's all in my time line under  AOS comments with the exact dates if you care to look.

@Sarge2155 
Ryan and I today received an alert we were descheduled or cancelled for an interview. I guess we await notice in the mail? I’m searching everywhere and can not find out why this alert and expect we have a letter approaching ? 
 We bought a home about a month ago and did a change of address but after reading maybe we will now have an interview ? Craziness. I thought we were done. 😂

What did your letter say ? 
He’s had his conditional green card for while. 
Anyhow, Hope your well and it’s been a while.
Any help on this would be amazing or maybe because it was our 1 year anniversary there are sending us a congrats letter  👌

A bit baffled. 
Sarah 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.