23 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Mrs Ryan Carreras said:

@Sarge2155 
Ryan and I today received an alert we were descheduled or cancelled for an interview. I guess we await notice in the mail? I’m searching everywhere and can not find out why this alert and expect we have a letter approaching ? 
 We bought a home about a month ago and did a change of address but after reading maybe we will now have an interview ? Craziness. I thought we were done. 😂

What did your letter say ? 
He’s had his conditional green card for while. 
Anyhow, Hope your well and it’s been a while.
Any help on this would be amazing or maybe because it was our 1 year anniversary there are sending us a congrats letter  👌

A bit baffled. 
Sarah 

You have your GC already and you had a interview scheduled too? Well if they cancelled that interview they caught their mistake since you already have your GC. Wait for the cancellation letter to see what it says. When did you get your GC  and what date was your interview  scheduled for?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

You have your GC already and you had a interview scheduled too? Well if they cancelled that interview they caught their mistake since you already have your GC. Wait for the cancellation letter to see what it says. When did you get your GC  and what date was your interview  scheduled for?

Ryan was issued the green card around the same time your wife did. We are the ones from Chicago.

Sorry I changed my screen name it was originally Sarah n Ryan. 
Chicago has been shut down awhile so maybe it just took a bit longer to catch up with us.
I’ll call tomorrow and see what they say. Happy I had my alerts on as we have had nothing or heard nothing for a very long time. 
Oh well.
We were ready and just need to dust off the packet we had ready and than add some. 
I don’t mean to intrude on the post but seen you mentioned us on this post from Chicago (probably not just a Dallas thing) and guessing it will be any of us waived from AOS and scheduled during COVID shut down on the K1. 
I haven’t seen the other couple waived from Chicago but my guess is she will be back on VJ checking like I did soon enough. 
Thought I’d update and think we probably are now scheduled even though it says de schedule/cancelled. 🤷‍♀️

51 minutes ago, Mrs Ryan Carreras said:

Ryan was issued the green card around the same time your wife did. We are the ones from Chicago.

Sorry I changed my screen name it was originally Sarah n Ryan. 
Chicago has been shut down awhile so maybe it just took a bit longer to catch up with us.
I’ll call tomorrow and see what they say. Happy I had my alerts on as we have had nothing or heard nothing for a very long time. 
Oh well.
We were ready and just need to dust off the packet we had ready and than add some. 
I don’t mean to intrude on the post but seen you mentioned us on this post from Chicago (probably not just a Dallas thing) and guessing it will be any of us waived from AOS and scheduled during COVID shut down on the K1. 
I haven’t seen the other couple waived from Chicago but my guess is she will be back on VJ checking like I did soon enough. 
Thought I’d update and think we probably are now scheduled even though it says de schedule/cancelled. 🤷‍♀️

Since you have your GC the interview being scheduled was an error and it seems they caught it by canceling it. Had they scheduled your interview AFTER you received the GC like they did  in our case I would have recommended you attend the interview anyway or try to. That way you are covered. I thought all that was straighten out by now. Anyway congratulations on your GC!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrs Ryan Carreras said:

@Sarge2155 
Ryan and I today received an alert we were descheduled or cancelled for an interview. I guess we await notice in the mail? I’m searching everywhere and can not find out why this alert and expect we have a letter approaching ? 
 We bought a home about a month ago and did a change of address but after reading maybe we will now have an interview ? Craziness. I thought we were done. 😂

What did your letter say ? 
He’s had his conditional green card for while. 
Anyhow, Hope your well and it’s been a while.
Any help on this would be amazing or maybe because it was our 1 year anniversary there are sending us a congrats letter  👌

A bit baffled. 
Sarah 

It's a glitch after filling out the online change of address form. It happened to me back in march.

You can find recent posts with the same subject.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I see this was added to my thread, which I am fine with, but I think my situation is different.

My wife was waiting for her first green card.  Original interview was cancelled due to covid and status changed to waiting to be scheduled again.

Then we got update that it was cancelled, and were waiting for the cancellation letter in the mail (weren't sure why it was cancelled a 2nd time).

Turns out this was a mistake and the interview had actually been re-scheduled.

My wife got calls from USCIS 5 days before interview but didn't answer as she thought it was spam (no number and no voicemail).

Then they texted with a number, which I called. We also called official USCIS number after to confirm that her interview had actually been re-scheduled.

We never received that letter in the mail for the new interview, but we made the interview and she received her green card.

Hopefully your case is just a mistake, as others have mentioned.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello folks, Happy Friday!  i filed FB aos in Oct 2019 based in Dallas. My online status updated to Testing and Interview last Thursday. This week on Monday it changed to Interview Cancelled 😑 No paper notice yet

Do you know what to expect in this case? Emma agent wasn’t able to provide any additional information. Could it be a technical glitch on online status or can it be interview waiver. Thanks for any information!

• 4 months later...

Interview was scheduled for 4/30. Just received a letter today saying it has been cancelled. Will receive another letter for the interview date and time. Case status online says ready to be scheduled for an interview. 

We’re panicking as we’ll be moving to another state soon and a later interview date would mess up our plans. I’ll give USCIS a call tomorrow and try to find out what’s going on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 6:37 PM, wooki314 said:

Interview was scheduled for 4/30. Just received a letter today saying it has been cancelled. Will receive another letter for the interview date and time. Case status online says ready to be scheduled for an interview. 

We’re panicking as we’ll be moving to another state soon and a later interview date would mess up our plans. I’ll give USCIS a call tomorrow and try to find out what’s going on. 

So I called my local USCIS office the day after we received the cancellation notice. The nice lady said my interview could’ve been cancelled due to overbooking. I asked if they could expedite my interview scheduling and she submitted the request. Just received another notice yesterday for a new interview date for 5/25, about 3.5 weeks later than my original one. Better than nothing and right before my original moving date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.