LeoUSA

Mailing address madness

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hello,

So my status changed to "My card is mailed to me" and I contacted USCIS to get a tracking number which was not yet available. I found out during the call that my apartment number was not mentioned even though I put it in the mailing address TWICE. So now my card was sent without an apartment number to my address.

What will happen now? I am enrolled in the USPS informed delivery. will that help? Should I contact USPS? please advice

Thank you

Timeline
31 minutes ago, James120383 said:

once you get the tracking number online, Head to the nearest sports basement or REI for a tent.

I have just talked with the USCIS and there is no tracking number yet. Do you think I should contact them daily or they will provide a tracking number by themselves? 

If i get a tracking number will I be able to get my mail to the right track? (camping in front of the mail is an option for sure)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Get the tracking number from them then go to your local post office and let them know you expecting a mail but it does not have your apartment number....they will give you a form to fill and you have to show an ID....when they get it they will route it to your apartment.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

3 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

I have just talked with the USCIS and there is no tracking number yet. Do you think I should contact them daily or they will provide a tracking number by themselves? 

If i get a tracking number will I be able to get my mail to the right track? (camping in front of the mail is an option for sure)

just wait for the tracking number to show up. they wont have it until the day its actually mailed. they dont redirect the mail if you are not there. Most likely go to the address and wait for the mail to arrive or talk to the tenant at the address about the issue. no other way to handle it 

duh

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Get the tracking number from them then go to your local post office and let them know you expecting a mail but it does not have your apartment number....they will give you a form to fill and you have to show an ID....when they get it they will route it to your apartment.

this is perfect. I will definitely do that once I get the tracking number. I contacted USCIS today and was told that there was no tracking number yet. I guess I will keep nagging them until I get it. 

1 minute ago, James120383 said:

just wait for the tracking number to show up. they wont have it until the day its actually mailed. they dont redirect the mail if you are not there. Most likely go to the address and wait for the mail to arrive or talk to the tenant at the address about the issue. no other way to handle it 

the address i correct. the apartment number is what is missing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

When I received my 10 year greencard the status saying "card was mailed" didn't really mean anything. It wasn't until the status changed to "card was picked up by USPS" that it actually shipped and I got a tracking number.

Not sure if you'll get that status too.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
1 minute ago, Scandi said:

When I received my 10 year greencard the status saying "card was mailed" didn't really mean anything. It wasn't until the status changed to "card was picked up by USPS" that it actually shipped and I got a tracking number.

Not sure if you'll get that status too.

My status was updated 3 days ago. do you know how much it takes for a tracking number to be created? or for the status to change just like yours did?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

My status was updated 3 days ago. do you know how much it takes for a tracking number to be created? or for the status to change just like yours did?

There were several days in between, there was a weekend too and USPS don't work on Sundays. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

guys does me being enrolled in USPS informed delivery service help in any way? 

Not sure it'll show up there since this particular package isn't connected to your address (it's missing parts of the address). 

My first greencard never showed up on informed delivery, the tracking never worked. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Not sure it'll show up there since this particular package isn't connected to your address (it's missing parts of the address). 

My first greencard never showed up on informed delivery, the tracking never worked. 

I am panicking now. I think this is not going to go through to my mail. I can't believe I have to pay for their mistakes 

Edited by LeoUSA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.