IndominusRex

Current AOS Case Acceptance Timeframe

65 posts in this topic

Timeline
7 minutes ago, James120383 said:

yeah its normal. some times they(uscis contractors)  flag packages for some missing documents or accidentally they think some thing is missing. So it goes to USCIS officers before its rejected. the 2nd part is slow. so it takes time 

I see. I was thinking it may be due to the enormous amount of documents I sent for three beneficiaries. We sent every supporting evidence requested per form, especially for the I-944. 

1 hour ago, jpass12 said:

Lucky! I'm suspecting ours will be rejected.  Too many people submitting after us and getting notifications. 

Relax, no news is good news, rejections get sent back fast (2weeks).. chances are your sat on someone’s desk... ours took ages for ours to be processed (6-7 weeks).. those getting accepted faster than 30 days are the lucky ones or exception to the rule, not the rule, USCIS say allow at LEAST 30 days.. not it takes less than 30 days. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Relax, no news is good news, rejections get sent back fast (2weeks).. chances are your sat on someone’s desk... ours took ages for ours to be processed (6-7 weeks).. those getting accepted faster than 30 days are the lucky ones or exception to the rule, not the rule, USCIS say allow at LEAST 30 days.. not it takes less than 30 days. 

Thanks for the encouragement. Will keep our fingers crossed it won't be rejected. 

4 minutes ago, jpass12 said:

Thanks for the encouragement. Will keep our fingers crossed it won't be rejected. 

If you’re really really worried about i94 expiry, you can call them like I did to have its expiry date extended (due to covid) they’ll have someone call you back in 3 days to organise an amendment.. 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
Just now, Duke & Marie said:

If you’re really really worried about i94 expiry, you can call them like I did to have its expiry date extended (due to covid) they’ll have someone call you back in 3 days to organise an amendment.. 

Wow! How do you do that? 

8 minutes ago, jpass12 said:

Wow! How do you do that? 

Just call USCIS enquiry line.. explain to them i94 is about to expire but you can’t leave due to flight restrictions, covid risk etc.. tell them your pending AOS which seems delayed due to covid staffing etc and your worried about falling out of status and don’t want to break immigration laws. sounds good 😁 they’ll either push the AOS or make arrangements for i94 extension.. 

we got a call back for my i94 after 3 days to extend it, but AOS was accepted 2 days later, so when they called me to extend it, I said it didn’t matter since AOS had been receipted... they were actually very nice and helpful about the whole i94 expiry thing.. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Just call USCIS enquiry line.. explain to them i94 is about to expire but you can’t leave due to flight restrictions, covid risk etc.. tell them your pending AOS which seems delayed due to covid staffing etc and your worried about falling out of status and don’t want to break immigration laws. sounds good 😁 they’ll either push the AOS or make arrangements for i94 extension.. 

we got a call back for my i94 after 3 days to extend it, but AOS was accepted 2 days later, so when they called me to extend it, I said it didn’t matter since AOS had been receipted... they were actually very nice and helpful about the whole i94 expiry thing.. 

Thanks for the information. I will call right away. 

1 minute ago, jpass12 said:

Thanks for the information. I will call right away. 

No worries... let us know how you go 🤞

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you arrived on a K1 visa, you cannot extend the I94. 

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:

• Visa Waiver Program
  • Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
  • Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K nonimmigrant visa)
  • Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

14 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:

• Visa Waiver Program
  • Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)

If she arrived on a K1, than that response might have been relevant - But if you read the posts, she arrived on a tourist visa, so none of the above apply.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SusnOwen said:

If she arrived on a K1, than that response might have been relevant - But if you read the posts, she arrived on a tourist visa, so none of the above apply.

Correct, tourist visa. We actually had only talked about marriage but didn't know when. Then covid hit, they closed the border, panic set in, so I proposed. They only had enough clothes for their three week spring break stay with me in the new cabin. She was surprised by my proposal but she accepted. We didn't know how hard it would have been to compile all the supporting evidence and filling the forms. That was a stressful nightmare. 

I hope we can extend their I-94s. I called an hour ago but the wait times were over 45 minutes and I had a meeting at work. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Here’s my timeline:

Date filed: 06/15

Date received: 06/16

CC charged: 06/25

NOA1 texts: 06/28

NOA1 letters: 07/03

Luckily, it was pretty quick for us. I’m adjusting from K-1 visa.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Oh I just read you meant tourist visa. Well K-1 isn’t the same but it still is marriage-based AOS. Not sure how much difference there would be in processing.

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

• Visa Waiver Program

incorrect, I was VWP and they were willing to extend due to covid they’ll also extend b2 for valid reasons, covid being one 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline

Yesterday tier 2 called me back and they didn't find any of our information in their systems. Also, they explained that they were only extending Visa waivers on a 30 increment basis not so for B2s. 

Still no notification or credit card charged. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.