IndominusRex

Current AOS Case Acceptance Timeframe

65 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello all,

On early June I submitted the AOS packet for my wife and her two kids. The Chicago Lockbox received the package on June 9th and I haven't heard from them since. I called on July 8th to inquire about our acceptance status but their systems didn't show anything about us. They instructed me to send an email to the Lockbox and I haven't received a reply since. 

For those who submitted Tourist VISA AOS recently (May/June time frame), how long did you have to wait to get a notification by text/email and the check chashed or credit cards charged?

We are very concerned since her I-94 expires in 10 days. 

25 minutes ago, jpass12 said:

Hello all,

On early June I submitted the AOS packet for my wife and her two kids. The Chicago Lockbox received the package on June 9th and I haven't heard from them since. I called on July 8th to inquire about our acceptance status but their systems didn't show anything about us. They instructed me to send an email to the Lockbox and I haven't received a reply since. 

For those who submitted Tourist VISA AOS recently (May/June time frame), how long did you have to wait to get a notification by text/email and the check chashed or credit cards charged?

Took around 7 weeks for us to get a text notification.. the paper copy came a week after that.. we submitted end of April, got notification in early June 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

We submitted June 20th, received June 25th, credit card was charged on July 9th, and I received the text messages late last night.  Did you send it through a mail service that you can track receipt?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SusnOwen said:

We submitted June 20th, received June 25th, credit card was charged on July 9th, and I received the text messages late last night.  Did you send it through a mail service that you can track receipt?

I'm glad you got your response. I have the delivery receipt from the post office. It even shows the signature of the person who received it on June 9th. Was your case for multiple people like me (3 beneficiaries)? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, jpass12 said:

Hello all,

Hey...

Just be patient. Everything kind of slow down over there. It goes up to a month to receive a notice from the Lockbox 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bayanoparker02 said:

Hey...

Just be patient. Everything kind of slow down over there. It goes up to a month to receive a notice from the Lockbox 

We are trying to keep our nerves in check but it is hard. 

13 hours ago, jpass12 said:

I'm glad you got your response. I have the delivery receipt from the post office. It even shows the signature of the person who received it on June 9th. Was your case for multiple people like me (3 beneficiaries)? 

No, just for my husband.  I completely understand how you feel - I know I was anxiously trying to calculate how long it took others to receive their notifications.  At least you have the delivery receipt if you need to track it - I would give it a bit more time.  It seems to me that sometimes with immigration, it's all about whose desk you landed on - is the person on vacation, is their coworker faster, did another petition get put on top?  It's beyond frustrating to wait and watch while others who filed after you get their notifications - But try to hang in there, it will come.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SusnOwen said:

No, just for my husband.  I completely understand how you feel - I know I was anxiously trying to calculate how long it took others to receive their notifications.  At least you have the delivery receipt if you need to track it - I would give it a bit more time.  It seems to me that sometimes with immigration, it's all about whose desk you landed on - is the person on vacation, is their coworker faster, did another petition get put on top?  It's beyond frustrating to wait and watch while others who filed after you get their notifications - But try to hang in there, it will come.

Thanks for the reply. I think we are more concerned about I-94 expiring and getting the packet rejected after the fact. Not sure how it will work out to re-submit after they have expired. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sent my package on june 18th and shows in transit to final destination since june 29th. But yesterday the checks were cashed. Now I'm waiting for the receipt or text message.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mabez said:

Sent my package on june 18th and shows in transit to final destination since june 29th. But yesterday the checks were cashed. Now I'm waiting for the receipt or text message.

Lucky! I'm suspecting ours will be rejected.  Too many people submitting after us and getting notifications. 

19 hours ago, jpass12 said:

Hello all,

if your cheque cleared than nothing to worry. The NOA will arrive in its time frame. If cheque has not cleared than your app has gone to secondary inspection and that can take 30-60 days.

duh

Timeline
12 minutes ago, James120383 said:

if your cheque cleared than nothing to worry. The NOA will arrive in its time frame. If cheque has not cleared than your app has gone to secondary inspection and that can take 30-60 days.

I just got off the phone with them and there was no information on their systems. They transferred me to level 2 support but the call got immediately disconnected. My card has not been charged. 

1 minute ago, jpass12 said:

I just got off the phone with them and there was no information on their systems. They transferred me to level 2 support but the call got immediately disconnected. My card has not been charged. 

if you card is not charged, it has gone for secondary inspection as it was flagged during the first review. it will take up to 30-60 days before moving forward from the day of filing 

duh

Timeline
5 minutes ago, James120383 said:

if you card is not charged, it has gone for secondary inspection as it was flagged during the first review. it will take up to 30-60 days before moving forward from the day of filing 

Is this common? Do you know of reasons it could be flagged? Too big of a packet (4 inches high)? 

5 minutes ago, jpass12 said:

Is this common? Do you know of reasons it could be flagged? Too big of a packet (4 inches high)? 

yeah its normal. some times they(uscis contractors)  flag packages for some missing documents or accidentally they think some thing is missing. So it goes to USCIS officers before its rejected. the 2nd part is slow. so it takes time 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.