Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Lisa_ said:

Hi, did interview on 8/31 by the end of the day it went into administrative process and by Sep. 1. 10:30am JA time it change to "Issued" and then a email came on sep. 3rd saying it was ready 

Ok thanks mine is now saying issued, so once is says ready should advice if we should pick up or delivery?

Congrats everyone!  

my husband got a call from the embassy today that there are no interviews next week due to the spike in COVID cases in Kingston.  His was scheduled for Tuesday and they said it would be re-scheduled soon.  Anyone else get a call or e-mail from the embassy?

i have been here quarantined with my daughter waiting on the interview,  so pretty devastated right now.  

1 hour ago, Chrissy & Junior said:

Ok thanks mine is now saying issued, so once is says ready should advice if we should pick up or delivery?

Yay! It won't change to ready actually . Mine is still on issued. You get an email from the place you need to pick it up at  ( Not the embassy).

The place in Kingston in said they open 8:30-5:30 but then I got an email saying they open for "pick up" until 12:30 ( this could just have been due to the election yesterday) but all this to say, go before 12:30 just incase. 

Edited by Lisa_

1 hour ago, Larry123 said:

Congrats everyone!  

my husband got a call from the embassy today that there are no interviews next week due to the spike in COVID cases in Kingston.  His was scheduled for Tuesday and they said it would be re-scheduled soon.  Anyone else get a call or e-mail from the embassy?

i have been here quarantined with my daughter waiting on the interview,  so pretty devastated right now.  

Very disappointing news, we are also scheduled for next week, but have not yet received any communication from the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jodie876 said:

Hey all, 

We got approved! They took my b/cert, marriage cert/ police records, tax transcript 2019, 1 passport photo. Asked me how we met, when did we decide to get married, where did we get married, who from his side attended the wedding. How often we talk on the phone, when last we spoke, what is my job, what do I plan to do over there. Was done in under an hour. Thank you to everyone who answered my many questions! And good luck to all those still waiting for their interview dates! 

Yayyyyyyy, congrats Jodie!🎉🎉🎉

Timeline
1 hour ago, Larry123 said:

Congrats everyone!  

hmmm?🤔 haven't heard of other cancellations. I would think they would email. What's the status of your interview in the registration site(green website, I don't have the link now)? Something similar happened to @CamChad42maybe she can shed some light.

9 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

hmmm?🤔 haven't heard of other cancellations. I would think they would email. What's the status of your interview in the registration site(green website, I don't have the link now)? Something similar happened to @CamChad42maybe she can shed some light.

They can try the link below to access the registration site. Mine still shows I’m scheduled for next week. Praying this will not change

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/users/sign_in

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mrs Samuels said:

They can try the link below to access the registration site. Mine still shows I’m scheduled for next week. Praying this will not change

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/users/sign_in

🙏🏾🙇🏾‍♀️ I don't see why they would cancel when the country is still open and there is no report of a covid case in the embassy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

🙏🏾🙇🏾‍♀️ I don't see why they would cancel when the country is still open and there is no report of a covid case in the embassy

But yet election call yesterday!! Smh, traveling to the interview is a whole process now for the spouse oversea 🙄

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Steffy Stef said:

But yet election call yesterday!! Smh, traveling to the interview is a whole process now for the spouse oversea 🙄

Right? Ah sah

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Steffy Stef said:

42 minutes ago, Steffy Stef said:

There were actually confirmed case at the embassy Iastweek and others were suspected cases (security officers) not sure tho If that has anything to do with it.

also today ministry of health announced today that starting Monday there will be so changes lockdowns due to community spreads that are getting difficult to trace.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jammin19 said:

There were actually confirmed case at the embassy Iastweek and others were suspected cases (security officers) not sure tho If that has anything to do with it.

also today ministry of health announced today that starting Monday there will be so changes lockdowns due to community spreads that are getting difficult to trace.

I do hope and pray all this lockdown stop because at this point we just need to proceed with COVID and take our precautions. It ain’t go nowhere no time soon.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jammin19 said:

Oh ok. Didn't hear about this. I caught a glimpse of MOH's live today. Ugh home they don't go on lockdown 😔

Edited by Stacey Ann

7 minutes ago, Jammin19 said:

I’m thinking if they had confirmed cases last week, then they wouldn’t have had interviews this week. Just my 2 cents, so that may not be related.

Also I didn’t get the impression from the press briefing today that there will be a lockdown, however more restrictions will be put in place. Both the MOH & CMO clearly stated that we will have to learn to live with Covid.

i know the Government is pushing the work from home where feasible, but it’s not mandatory right now, so still not sure if or why the embassy would postpone interviews prior to hearing the new mandates on Monday. I’m guessing that since they will not open on Monday due to the American holiday (Labor Day), then they be covering all basis for Tuesday just Incase they need to stop providing service.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrs Samuels said:

I’m thinking if they had confirmed cases last week, then they wouldn’t have had interviews this week. Just my 2 cents, so that may not be related.

Also I didn’t get the impression from the press briefing today that there will be a lockdown, however more restrictions will be put in place. Both the MOH & CMO clearly stated that we will have to learn to live with Covid.

i know the Government is pushing the work from home where feasible, but it’s not mandatory right now, so still not sure if or why the embassy would postpone interviews prior to hearing the new mandates on Monday. I’m guessing that since they will not open on Monday due to the American holiday (Labor Day), then they be covering all basis for Tuesday just Incase they need to stop providing service.

Makes sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.