Justin & Nhi

221G RFI BLUE SLIP 2019 TAXES?

23 posts in this topic

Hello, our case is currently awaiting DQ(was hoping for end of this week from what I see from others timelines). My wife is seeing that people with recent interviews in Vietnam consulate on some Facebook pages she is on, that they are receiving blue slips for 2019 taxes. She said I need to upload my 1040, w2's, and new i864 to CEAC and submit(again). This is not any of the process I am aware of. I uploaded 2016, 2017 and 2018 transcripts and filled out i864 accordingly. I feel like these blue slip situations she sees reported are perhaps for people with less of a tax history than I have or had trouble meeting income requirements without them? I don't have 2019 transcript yet. I got her passport back from ITIN processing last week, still waiting for tax return and then I can get the transcript I believe. I mailed in paper taxes March 2nd but with the pandemic everything has crazy processing times. 

Is anyone else experiencing this with instructions? Trying to get ahead of the process if at all possible. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Justin & Nhi said:

I feel like these blue slip situations she sees reported are perhaps for people with less of a tax history than I have or had trouble meeting income requirements without them?

There is a chance that NVC will not DQ your case without 2019 tax documents.....or they might just require her to take 2019 tax documents to the interview.  Either way, the consulate will require the most recent year.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

29 minutes ago, Justin & Nhi said:

Hello, our case is currently awaiting DQ(was hoping for end of this week from what I see from others timelines). My wife is seeing that people with recent interviews in Vietnam consulate on some Facebook pages she is on, that they are receiving blue slips for 2019 taxes. She said I need to upload my 1040, w2's, and new i864 to CEAC and submit(again). This is not any of the process I am aware of. I uploaded 2016, 2017 and 2018 transcripts and filled out i864 accordingly. I feel like these blue slip situations she sees reported are perhaps for people with less of a tax history than I have or had trouble meeting income requirements without them? I don't have 2019 transcript yet. I got her passport back from ITIN processing last week, still waiting for tax return and then I can get the transcript I believe. I mailed in paper taxes March 2nd but with the pandemic everything has crazy processing times. 

Is anyone else experiencing this with instructions? Trying to get ahead of the process if at all possible. 

I spoke to tax office last week and they said any paper forms that were sent in are still sitting to be opened. They haven’t started processing them as of yet. Everything is backlogged due to COVID.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

She might just be right, its past June and you dont have your taxes for 2019 yet?

Yes. I filed March 2nd or 3rd with paper forms W7 and her passport for ITIN. We JUST received her passport back last week. IRS was closed since middle of March until July 1st. I spent many hours on hold with them last month. We were about to get a new passport. 

20 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

There is a chance that NVC will not DQ your case without 2019 tax documents.....or they might just require her to take 2019 tax documents to the interview.  Either way, the consulate will require the most recent year.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was planning on sending her with the forms to her interview. But, I will scan 1040, and upload w2s and new i864 tomorrow and hope it doesn't add too much time. 

2 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

I spoke to tax office last week and they said any paper forms that were sent in are still sitting to be opened. They haven’t started processing them as of yet. Everything is backlogged due to COVID.

Yes, I have spent many hours on hold with them as well. I was fortunate to get her passport back last week. We were about to apply for a new passport for her this week. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

She might just be right, its past June and you dont have your taxes for 2019 yet?

2019 tax return filing deadline is July 15, 2020. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stein said:

Taxes aren't due until July 15 this year due to COVID.  I just filed mine yesterday.

By the time she has an interview, 2019 taxes will be the most current year.  Therefore, NVC might require 2019, and the consulate WILL require 2019. That is the point.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Cat said:

By the time she has an interview, 2019 taxes will be the most current year.  Therefore, NVC might require 2019, and the consulate WILL require 2019. That is the point.

Yeah, I agree with having her bring them. But, when I filed i864 in May, everyone was saying to just do 2016, 2017 and 2018 if we didn't have transcript for 2019 yet, so that was the instructions I was following. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Justin & Nhi said:

Yeah, I agree with having her bring them. But, when I filed i864 in May, everyone was saying to just do 2016, 2017 and 2018 if we didn't have transcript for 2019 yet, so that was the instructions I was following. 

I understand.  The problem is that the NVC review is going to take place near or after July 15th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC understand that with the current pandemic, tax return for 2019 will taking longer. NVC possible DQ your AOS and send your case to embassy. By the time your spouse has an interview, CO certainly want to see 2019's tax.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Correct and  I do understand that.  I was just replying to Sparkles surprise about being June and not filed yet.  They might not have been aware of the tax filing extension.

Depending on how long my filing takes to show up on the IRS website and when the interview is eventually scheduled for my wife and daughter will determine if we will be able to take a 2019 transcript or a copy of the full 1040 with W2 to our interview.

8 hours ago, Stein said:

Correct and  I do understand that.  I was just replying to Sparkles surprise about being June and not filed yet.  They might not have been aware of the tax filing extension.

Depending on how long my filing takes to show up on the IRS website and when the interview is eventually scheduled for my wife and daughter will determine if we will be able to take a 2019 transcript or a copy of the full 1040 with W2 to our interview.

That was the point of this post. Apparently bringing the 1040 and W2 to the interview isn't enough per the consulate in HCMC. They are issuing the blue forms for us to upload the 1040, W2, and new i864 with 2019 tax year to CEAC. I was planning on having my wife bring my 1040 and W2 as well, but the information I'm receiving i that they are now requiring more than that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.