hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, USOZ said:

Why didn't you apply for a State ID? DMVs can issue State Idx which are not Driver's Licenses. 

So I failed the road test in October 2019. I took some time to try and decide if I wanted to try the road test again or just get a state ID and shelve the driving idea altogether for a while. By the time I decided I wanted to just get a state ID, it was Jan 2020 and the COVID situation started to hit the US. I also was extremely busy with trying to find a new and better job while working my old and awful job. I just didn't have time to go back to the DMV for a state ID. I got my new job in March, worked my first four days in the office and then Cali started their lock-down. Haven't been able to do anything about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, AdamAndRV said:

We sent ours a bit late. Our window opened the July 7 and we sent our package on July 21 through USPS to USCIS P.O.Box and when we checked today (July 26) using USPS tracking number, it is tagged as "available for pick up" dated July 25. I am worried. We mailed it to USCIS lockbox/PO Box and now we are wondering why it is tagged by USPS that way. Anyone who has the same experience? Im extremely worried. 😢😨

image.png.588abf91566ae103a139fd1d5d1c97bb.png

That is normal because on weekends USCIS not working so they will pick up on next Monday.

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

36 minutes ago, hopelifebetter201 said:

That is normal because on weekends USCIS not working so they will pick up on next Monday.

Thank you for your response. This is my 1st and i get so anxious about it...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
15 hours ago, USOZ said:

Strike that,  y'all. I did a search and found some threads saying G-1145 is only for applications that get sent to the lock boxes, not service centers (which is where RoC goes).

Anyhoo, I'm finally putting together our cover letter. Sharing it here for feedback and to help others who wander into the thread and are starting RoC themselves. Note: I'm still not on our lease (haha) and I don't have a driver's license (bleh, darn you, driving anxiety!). So I don't have any ID's with our address on it but all of my mail gets sent to our address, obviously. I'm hoping that won't affect us too much. We have lots of other paperwork. We also don't have any pets or a vehicle right now, so any other suggestions are highly appreciated!

1.       Check for $595 (filing fee) + $85 (biometrics fee) = $685 TOTAL

2.       Form I-751

3.       Copy of PR card

4.       Copy of marriage cert

5.       Copy of 2017 Tax Transcript

6.       Copy of 2018 Tax Transcript

7.       Joint Bank Statements (5 total, 2019 and 2020)

8.       Water/Power bills (5 total, 2019 and 2020)

9.       Medical Insurance Cards 

(These are from my old jobs so they're expired now. I also don't have the actual "policies" that I see a lot of people reference. I tried logging into my online accounts for these companies but they just have my basic info listed. I'm hoping the insurance cards alone are okay. I also JUST became eligible for benefits at my current job but the website had major technical difficulties this week. I'm not sure I'll get anything from them in time before we submit RoC).

10.   Copies of deed and purchaser's agreement for our time-share

(Yes we have one and honestly it's been great!)

11.   Wedding Invoices from our venue, photographer, rentals, etc.

12.   Honeymoon Documents

- Boarding passes

- Cruise ship registration

13. Photos over 2019 and 2020 (about 20 total from our wedding, trips, get-together's, etc)

Why didn't you apply for a State ID? DMVs can issue State Idx which are not Driver's Licenses. 

Don’t send 685$, it will get rejected. Send 680$

Thank you for your response. This is my 1st and i get so anxious about it...

Just to warn you, it might not be on Monday. Took them a couple of business days to pick up my package with USPS. But no worries, someone will pick it up.

Edited by Aquilina

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

13 hours ago, Aquilina said:

Just to warn you, it might not be on Monday. Took them a couple of business days to pick up my package with USPS. But no worries, someone will pick it up.

I got this notification today. Does this mean good? USCIS picked it up?? The time is so early tho... Im so confused

Screenshot_20200727-063615_1.jpg

45 minutes ago, AdamAndRV said:

I got this notification today. Does this mean good? USCIS picked it up?? The time is so early tho... Im so confused

Yep you're all good!

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Timeline

Yes. Your on the right place.

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
On 7/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, US <3 IND said:

Were you able to get an Info pass appointment?

I was not able - they told me there isn’t a delay in sending out NOAs anymore and I should give it about 15 days.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, hookem1989 said:

Hi everybody,

Just to let you know I mailed mine on 17th and today the CC got charged and I got the text message notification with the case number.

Congrats. Where you sent to? When they received yours?

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Timeline
1 minute ago, hookem1989 said:

Thank you.

I sent it to Lewisville Office in Dallas County. Mailed it on 17th and it was received on 20th.

Mine was received on 20th too. I sent to AZ lockbox. Have not received text and check not charged yet.

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.