Gatekeeper

VJ timeline statistic updates & accuracy

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

the VJ statistics have been consistently  showing NOA2 processing dates in the range of 12th-20th of January (receipt notice for NOA1) over the last 3 or 4 weeks for the California Center.. It therefore shows a very slow progression, which is consistent with all the news we get right now about visa handlings everywhere.

I was therefore very surprised to receive our NOA2 yesterday, as our NOA1 receipt date was February 3rd.

I immediately updated my timeline accordingly on VJ, and was expecting to see this reflected on the global VJ statistics, but this one is still showing January 21st for NOA2.

my question is the following: how do these statistics work? Do they measure an average date among all candidates who registered on VJ? Don’t they use the latest data update (ie February 3rd in my case)?...

I understand that those statistics are purely indicative, but If anyone has information about how they are calculated I would appreciate some clarification. I think it would help to better understand the possible “variances” in the next steps statistics (NVC, Consulate processing etc...).

thanks for your help!

Edited by Gatekeeper

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One new data point wont move the trend 

USCIS is the only thing that can be attempted to be predicted.   Consular processing depends on the country and how fast the beneficiary applies. 

YMMV

Timeline

So the question is : do they use an average date or a median date?...It would be interesting to have the standard deviation as well.

I guess extrapolations could then be inferred for the NVC receipt date and NVC processing date too, as this is still as “predictable” as the NOA1/NOA2 stages.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

So the question is : do they use an average date or a median date?...It would be interesting to have the standard deviation as well.

I guess extrapolations could then be inferred for the NVC receipt date and NVC processing date too, as this is still as “predictable” as the NOA1/NOA2 stages.

@Captain Ewok is the person to ask about the calculations.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

I immediately updated my timeline accordingly on VJ, and was expecting to see this reflected on the global VJ statistics, but this one is still showing January 21st for NOA2.

Everybody with an expedite would be massively skewing the numbers then (there is no field to mark an expedite), or just some lucky individual.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

There’s no expedite process for K-1 visas (unfortunately!).

I agree that the numbers showed should reflect the “most frequent” one, not the “luckiest one”. This is where mean average and standard deviations come in useful actually. Maybe providing them as an additional info to the existing ones then? Now granted, maybe not a majority of people would be interesting into it (but I would😱...)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

What was your original forcast Noa2 date?   Perhaps this means a Noa1 date of March 5 is only a month away from Noa2 or maybe we will see some acceleration.. or this  virus spike may kill that dream..

Why didn't I make up my mind sooner with this woman?  Like after my July 2019 trip not finally in Feb 21

Of course  The Embassy in BKK has not been doing interviews for what 3 months so there will be that backlog  OMFG

Timeline

My initial forecast for NOA2 was around mid July, considering both the average length of time shown on the graph (approx. 156 days) and the trend in the moving average (it started to increment by 1 day everyday again since last week. Until then, it was weirdly moving back and forth between January 16th and January 10th for processing dates). To me, this recent change in trend might be the effect of USCIS staff being back in office, hence being able to process more cases than during the lockdown. 

6 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

I agree that the numbers showed should reflect the “most frequent” one, not the “luckiest one”. This is where mean average and standard deviations come in useful actually. Maybe providing them as an additional info to the existing ones then? Now granted, maybe not a majority of people would be interesting into it (but I would😱...)

There is a expedite process for a K-1 visa but it's very narrow in scope to who and what it will apply. Medical and Military come to mind as we have seen those recently. For the official statement please read here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

.I see my Noa2 date has been updated to July 28-mid August.  So its slipped 4-6 weeks since we first got Noa1.  How far did yours  change since  your Noa1  input and the initial forcast

Edited by elkski

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

To be clear, you can request an expedite for the I-129F (though it's rarely granted except for medical reasons or for active-duty military with a pending deployment).

You can't expedite things at NVC or the consular stage.

Since at this time petitions just get to the NVC and stop because they're not forwarding petitions while routine visa processing is generally suspended, there's little point in requesting an expedite of an I-129F at this time.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
20 minutes ago, elkski said:

.I see my Noa2 date has been updated to July 28-mid August.  So its slipped 4-6 weeks since we first got Noa1.  How far did yours  change since  your Noa1  input and the initial forcast

Mine slipped by 2.5 months compared to the initial forecasts available at the time we filed our NOA1 (ie before the Covid-Lockdown)

9 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

Sure there is, and many have been able to do so with a valid reason (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5).

I'd be interested in that as well.

2 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

You’re right. Sorry I understood we were talking about the premium processing, which does not exist for K-1 as far as I know.

Right, premium processing is only available for certain employment petitions, not any family petitions. But premium processing is different than an expedite. 👍

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE