Greenbaum

JULY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

520 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Yay a glimpse of hope!

Sent on July 14th. Received the text notification (yesterday) July 23rd. Have not received the email. Currently, keeping an eye out for the snail mail receipt and waiting (impatiently) for the next steps. 😆

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 8.05.06 AM.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sarac4479 said:

Yay a glimpse of hope!

Sent on July 14th. Received the text notification (yesterday) July 23rd. Have not received the email. Currently, keeping an eye out for the snail mail receipt and waiting (impatiently) for the next steps. 😆

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 8.05.06 AM.png

I never received the email either and I got my text on the 21st. I think they just choose one or the other. What is the website to check this again?

1 hour ago, Cheburashka34 said:

I never received the email either and I got my text on the 21st. I think they just choose one or the other. What is the website to check this again?

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello,

Did anyone pay the filing fee with a credit card? My application was received July 20th but they have not charged my credit card yet. Any ideas how long it takes for the charge to show up?

Thanks for any advise. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
19 minutes ago, steven2291 said:

Hello,

Did anyone pay the filing fee with a credit card? My application was received July 20th but they have not charged my credit card yet. Any ideas how long it takes for the charge to show up?

Thanks for any advise. 

Hey, yah I sent mine via credit card payment. I sent my application July 14th (2 day shipping) & my credit card was charged July 22nd, so 8 days later. 

Edited by sarac4479

Timeline
14 minutes ago, sarac4479 said:

Hey, yah I sent mine via credit card payment. I sent my application July 14th (2 day shipping) & my credit card was charged July 22nd, so 8 days later. 

Thank you for the info!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 10:45 PM, sarac4479 said:

That's great to know...I sent mine via credit card, and I'm so nervous it will get declined or something. 🙈  I guess I'll keep looking for a charge on my card to be coming through really any day now. (Mine was delivered to USCIS on the 21st.)

Timeline
11 hours ago, jaimedebruyn said:

That's great to know...I sent mine via credit card, and I'm so nervous it will get declined or something. 🙈  I guess I'll keep looking for a charge on my card to be coming through really any day now. (Mine was delivered to USCIS on the 21st.)

same here! sent mine July 17th and USCIS received it July 20th. i'll let you know once they charge my CC.

Timeline
On 7/27/2020 at 3:25 AM, jaimedebruyn said:

Morning,

they charged my credit card this morning. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, steven2291 said:

Morning,

they charged my credit card this morning. 

Ahhhh! That's great news!! I'll be watching my account like a hawk I guess. hahaha. I'm so nervous about it not working. Think I may be paranoid until this process is over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
On 7/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, JojoandTomas said:

I had a previous I 130 approved 15+ years ago that was denied at interview. I found out my partner was in it for the wrong reasons, the officers said it was fraudulent and I agreed. So that's definitely going to come up. It's in the same country as well. 

Following along on this one. I am in a similar boat. I am about to submit my 129F for my Finnish partner and have a denied I130 from a few years ago with my ex-husband. It was denied on the grounds that his previous marriage before me was fraudulent though. Regardless it still has the potential to be messy.

8 minutes ago, PostalDuchess said:

Following along on this one. I am in a similar boat. I am about to submit my 129F for my Finnish partner and have a denied I130 from a few years ago with my ex-husband. It was denied on the grounds that his previous marriage before me was fraudulent though. Regardless it still has the potential to be messy.

Be sure you have everything buttoned up on your husband's fraudulent marriage and anything that points to your "marriage" with him. Be sure to have all your documents completed and official as you will need to include them in your I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) submittal. USCIS will want to know that you are "free" to marry once the visa is approved. If you can't prove it then this is not a promising idea to file a visa till you have everything "cleaned up". If it is and you are "free" to marry again then you are in decent shape for your submission. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Be sure you have everything buttoned up on your husband's fraudulent marriage and anything that points to your "marriage" with him. Be sure to have all your documents completed and official as you will need to include them in your I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) submittal. USCIS will want to know that you are "free" to marry once the visa is approved. If you can't prove it then this is not a promising idea to file a visa till you have everything "cleaned up". If it is and you are "free" to marry again then you are in decent shape for your submission. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Are you referring to my divorce decree? If so I do have that and hired a lawyer myself to do that paperwork. With regards to the previous I-130 nothing in the language points to my previous marriage as an issue and revolves solely on his marriage before me being classified as fraudulent and therefore him becoming inadmissible.  I don't have a ton of paperwork for it since the attorney for that was one that he was already working with and represents him not me. I only have to submit the divorce decree with the 129F correct?

44 minutes ago, PostalDuchess said:

Are you referring to my divorce decree? If so I do have that and hired a lawyer myself to do that paperwork. With regards to the previous I-130 nothing in the language points to my previous marriage as an issue and revolves solely on his marriage before me being classified as fraudulent and therefore him becoming inadmissible.  I don't have a ton of paperwork for it since the attorney for that was one that he was already working with and represents him not me. I only have to submit the divorce decree with the 129F correct?

I am also of the understanding that the person who was inadmissible was my ex. He is unable to ever petition again but they did not say the same applied for me so hopefully everything will go well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.