Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, willingtowait4it said:

That's interesting. I submitted a couple expedites and they were denied. I also got my senators to write to NVC though. Your theory certainly has potential and I hope you're right! I'm a little more hopeful about hearing in November now. Ours is an August 6th DQ. :)

How long did it take to get any reply on your expedite request from NVC? We've sent our expedite request  couple days ago (Tuesday October 6) and just wondering when we can expect to hear anything.

53 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

I wish we had known that!! We booked a medical much earlier than we intended because we thought the police certificate could only be 6 months old!!

On a separate note: DX sent a notification with tracking info for the passport coming back to us on Monday.  For three days now when I check the tracking in the morning it says the package is "on the road" and scheduled to be delivered today.  Then at around 4pm every day it changes to say "your redelivery has been booked for your chosen date" (with no actual date indicated).  I have not booked redelivery so I can only assume DX can't be bothered to deliver my package, so they change the delivery date every day to the subsequent day.  How long are we supposed to wait for this?  I cannot get a human on the phone at DX and am starting to get pi**ed off. 

Mine is the same. I contacted the local DX pick up point and they gave me a number to contact. It's automated but tells you when your package (passport) will be delivered. 

The number is 03332410333. I'm expecting mine tomorrow. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Dags said:

How long did it take to get any reply on your expedite request from NVC? We've sent our expedite request  couple days ago (Tuesday October 6) and just wondering when we can expect to hear anything.

I submitted a few requests, and each one took about a week and a half to process. Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Folks this thread is for Interview updates only. Do not post about anything else please or I will removed it.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

4 hours ago, The4Sands said:

I wish we had known that!! We booked a medical much earlier than we intended because we thought the police certificate could only be 6 months old!!

On a separate note: DX sent a notification with tracking info for the passport coming back to us on Monday.  For three days now when I check the tracking in the morning it says the package is "on the road" and scheduled to be delivered today.  Then at around 4pm every day it changes to say "your redelivery has been booked for your chosen date" (with no actual date indicated).  I have not booked redelivery so I can only assume DX can't be bothered to deliver my package, so they change the delivery date every day to the subsequent day.  How long are we supposed to wait for this?  I cannot get a human on the phone at DX and am starting to get pi**ed off. 

What number did you call? I had no issue getting through. They never gave me a notification to pick up my passport BTW, I just rang after two days and asked if they had it and they said yes. I did get a notification 4 weeks later, after I had already arrived in the US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i apologize if this has been asked before but... do we need to print out a copy of the i-864 (affidavit of support) to take to the interview? it’s on the ceac website and i’m not quite sure how to print it from there?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, loveisvein said:

i apologize if this has been asked before but... do we need to print out a copy of the i-864 (affidavit of support) to take to the interview? it’s on the ceac website and i’m not quite sure how to print it from there?

actually, scratch that 😂 the wife already has it apparently 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everybody, 

Congrats on all the recent interviews! Ours is November 3rd, and my husband has booked in medical in for this Wednesday, Oct 14. I have a couple questions and wanted to get your ideas. 

So, my first question is: when we were DQ'd, we got a notice that I, the petitioner, did not meet minimum income requirements (only true based on my 2019 taxes) and it would be up to the consular officer to make the decision. I did not make enough based on my 2019 taxes, but I am a school psychologist, and from August 2019 to August 2020, was completing my internship, where I did make $27,000 during that time span, although my 2019 taxes only reflect what I made from August to December of 2019 as a school psych intern (prior to this I was a grad assistant but made peanuts - you know how it goes). I have all of my direct deposit notices from that time to show how much I made as a whole, and in addition, I have since graduated and have since started a new job as a licensed School Psychologist, with my contract stating that I make $65,800 for the 2020-2021 school year. I have all of my direct deposit notices since starting in August, but I just wanted to check and see - do you think my signed contract and direct deposit notices will be enough proof of meeting requirement? Not only do I have direct deposits for my current job but also direct deposits from last school year as well. Because a contract is typically July-July based on the typical school district fiscal year, both my 2019 and upcoming 2020 taxes will never actually be reflective of what I made those calendar years anyway (i.e. even though I now make over 65,000, it will look more like I made around 45,000 because I was earning 30,000 for the 2nd half of my internship from Jan 2020 to August 2020, and started my full time job in August of 2020 if that makes sense). Do you think I should fill out a new i-864 to reflect my new salary since my previous i-864 is not current anymore? Also, a lot of people have mentioned that the officer has not explicitly asked them for financial documents, however, in order for us to make our case, I feel like they HAVE to see our documents. Do you think my husband should just let them know the situation and give them the documents in case they don't ask for them? 

Also, are they now asking for the public charge questionnaire again? This isn't an issue as I have health insurance through my employer and will be able to add my husband to my plan, but just wanted to make sure we have it if it is needed. 

Also, last question (for now), I just moved into a new apartment, however, this is not the address that is on all of our documents as the intended address. How do we notify the embassy/nvc/uscis that I have had a change of address? 

Sorry for the extremely long winded post! Now that the interview is looming, we are just worried about the dreaded 221g and I want to get my hubby here ASAP! 

Thanks everyone! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bcoulter said:

do you think my signed contract and direct deposit notices will be enough proof of meeting requirement?

Absolutely, however do you mean showing the deposit in a bank account or the pay slips. The bank account won’t reflect the gross income which is what counts,

Do you think I should fill out a new i-864 to reflect my new salary since my previous i-864 is not current anymore?

Yes. Include the tax return+W2 or the transcript because that is required whether sufficient or not. Make it a total new package with what the instructions call the “optional“ proofs—pay stubs and employer letter (contract) along with the tax return. Tell the document collector “I am submitting a new I-864.

Also, last question (for now), I just moved into a new apartment, however, this is not the address that is on all of our documents as the intended address. How do we notify the embassy/nvc/uscis that I have had a change of address? 

Tell embassy at interview. They probably don’t care, but may update the file. USCIS- tell the officer at POE so they know where the immigrant will be living. NVC, no need as they are done with you.

Put the new address on the new I-864. USCIS wants to know the whereabouts of the sponsor.

Edited by Wuozopo

5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes. Include the tax return+W2 or the transcript because that is required whether sufficient or not. Make it a total new package with what the instructions call the “optional“ proofs—pay stubs and employer letter (contract) along with the tax return. Tell the document collector “I am submitting a new I-864.

Sorry for jumping in here, but can I just ask what would you change on new I-864? The latest(2019) tax income amount still would be the same. Am I Right assuming you would change the Total Current Income field to reflect your contract? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dags said:

Sorry for jumping in here, but can I just ask what would you change on new I-864? The latest(2019) tax income amount still would be the same. Am I Right assuming you would change the Total Current Income field to reflect your contract? 

If his previous I-864 did not say current income is $64,800, then he can change that if he has documentation to prove it. He didn’t say what amount he had in that field before, but apparently it either wasn’t enough or he didn’t prove it sufficiently to NVC

15 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Absolutely, however do you mean showing the deposit in a bank account or the pay slips. The bank account won’t reflect the gross income which is what counts,

Tell embassy at interview. They probably don’t care, but may update the file. USCIS- tell the officer at POE so they know where the immigrant will be living. NVC, no need as they are done with you.

Put the new address on the new I-864. USCIS wants to know the whereabouts of the sponsor.

Yes, I mean the pay slips/direct deposit notices from work that indicate my pay  for that pay period and my net/gross income, etc. 

okay that sounds great, do you think these documents all need to be uploaded to CEAC? I know some people have posted and have gone back and forth! 

Thanks for your help! 

9 hours ago, Dags said:

Yes, I would change the total current income! Because even though my 2019 tax info would still be the same, I make more now than I did when I originally completed I-864!

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

If his previous I-864 did not say current income is $64,800, then he can change that if he has documentation to prove it. He didn’t say what amount he had in that field before, but apparently it either wasn’t enough or he didn’t prove it sufficiently to NVC

The amount I had before was $30,000, which does meet minimum income requirements for a household of 2, so I’m not quite sure why they put that note on my case at NVC. I guess they were basing off my 2019 taxes when I was still working as a grad assistant prior to starting my internship for the 1st half of 2019. When I initially filed the I-864, I was making 30,000 through my internship prior to my graduation. I already was offered the position and knew I was going to be taking my current job, but obviously hadn’t started yet as I work in the schools , so I didn’t have any kind of proof/documentation of my current employment at that time. I am hoping my signed contract stating my pay and my pay slips that show my pay and Net/gross income will be sufficient. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.