Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Is there a specific page I need to go to to request for expedite? My case is at the NVC still?

Thanks in advance.

I have been waiting for a very long time for my relative to get an immigrant visa. Now there is a family emergency and I need my relative to immigrate soon to the U.S. Can NVC help me?

If a visa is available for your relative’s category, and their case involves a life or death medical emergency, processing of your case may be expedited. To request a review for expedite, please submit a scanned letter (or statement) using the Public Inquiry Form to NVC from a physician (or medical facility). The letter must include the physician’s (or medical facility’s) contact information, and declare a life or death medical emergency exists

5 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The US determines when the US embassy will resume routine visa services. The UK can ask for it not to open, or possibly put restrictions on its own residents, but unless they are willing to expel the staff they can't stop the embassy from opening. Conversely, they cannot force it to open either.

Side note, the embassy is handling emergency appointments on a case by case basis.

I think the term "expedite" has been thrown around incorrectly.

An expedited case would not progress to an interview until they are accepting interviews for that visa category. Expedites refer to the speed/priority at which an interview is obtained, not their eligibility for one.

Once processing of a visa class is resumed, then the expedited cases i that class should be at the front of the line. That line may still be very slow, depending on processing capacity of the available embassy staff (in many places, they have skeleton crews still).

Per my bold, I think this is where a lot of IR-1/CR-1 cases are slightly confused/concerned given the fact that the embassy has stated that they are able to process these:-

"Please note that routine visa processing at U.S. Embassy London is currently suspended.  We are only able to process visas for immediate family members, defined as spouses and minor children.  Therefore we are unable to proceed with fiancé(e) visa applications at this time. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time." - source

One would assume that since they are only doing (or so it seems) a small amount of emergency and DCF interviews, they still currently view the state/rate of infection as too high risk to continue on with 'routine processing' of these particular categories. 

I think we can all sit and analyse every little snippet of information and try to come up with all sorts of different theories, but in the end, it only adds more stress and isn't healthy for anyone's state of mind given everything else going on in the world currently. Ultimately the US/Embassy have complete control over when (and when they don't) process cases to interview and issue visas and there is little we as applicants/petitioners can do about it apart from sit tight and wait to be reunited with our wives/husbands/families.

1 hour ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Is there a specific page I need to go to to request for expedite? My case is at the NVC still?

Thanks in advance.

For our expedite request, I sent an email to nvcexpedite@state.gov. In this email, I provided our case number, my name and date of birth, and my husband’s name and date of birth. As the reason for our request was primarily medical-based, I included a letter from my doctor as evidence. Include whatever evidence you see fit pertaining to your reason for expedite. I sent the email on Monday, June 29th, received notice that they were reviewing it on Thursday, July 3rd, and had the expedite approved today. 
I hope this helps! 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, delawhere said:

For our expedite request, I sent an email to nvcexpedite@state.gov. In this email, I provided our case number, my name and date of birth, and my husband’s name and date of birth. As the reason for our request was primarily medical-based, I included a letter from my doctor as evidence. Include whatever evidence you see fit pertaining to your reason for expedite. I sent the email on Monday, June 29th, received notice that they were reviewing it on Thursday, July 3rd, and had the expedite approved today. 
I hope this helps! 

Thanks for your info - I already have letters from my doctor so will just have to see what they say. Glad to your expedite was approved. 

According to Facebook groups and other topics on this forum, it seems to be a international problem that people are being DQ but still waiting for interviews to be scheduled. I just read another article that a lot of NVC staff got furloughed in March as well. Everywhere I've read points to spouses being exempt from all of these restrictions, so it feels like there's something "unspoken" stopping them from being processed, but I guess if there are very few NVC staff working in the first place, then there's no one to do the ground work to distribute them. As I said in my earlier post, hopefully July and August will show some movement otherwise I'll be getting desperate... It just feels so typical that a pandemic would happen right in the middle of all this, I hope 2021 is a better year :(

New to this forum and relieved to have found it and others in the same situation (NVC submission), albeit frustrating and unfortunate.  We were DQ'd on March 31st and have not heard anything yet but hopeful that things will start to move soon given things seem to be opening up.   

Thanks for all the comments and useful info on this thread! 

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Use the contact form  https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/contact-us-immigrant-visas/

Scroll down to the end to this part—

If your inquiry remains unanswered, please contact us through our contact form here . Please include your case number (e.g. LND2013XXXXXX). Failure to do so will delay our response

I contacted London, using this form, about my expedited case yesterday. 

I got a reply telling me to register and book my interview. That’s penciled in for July 20. 

Fingers crossed there are no problems. 

1 hour ago, jarrod679 said:

I contacted London, using this form, about my expedited case yesterday. 

I got a reply telling me to register and book my interview. That’s penciled in for July 20. 

Fingers crossed there are no problems. 

Hi jarrod679, 

Is your case through NVC?  I contacted the London embassy two days ago using the form you suggested and just got the same response you did, telling me to book my interview.  Which is awesome news...but given their first response was a copy and paste from their FAQs that didn't answer my question I'm a bit cautious.  When you go to the website to schedule the interview, there are four options for selecting your reason for signing up: 

- I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site

- I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment

- I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

- I am a returning U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) and require re-entry authorization to the United States.

- None of the above

Assuming you are NVC too and didn't receive a letter with the consular interview date, which option did you choose from the above?  

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, T3G said:

Hi jarrod679, 

Is your case through NVC?  I contacted the London embassy two days ago using the form you suggested and just got the same response you did, telling me to book my interview.  Which is awesome news...but given their first response was a copy and paste from their FAQs that didn't answer my question I'm a bit cautious.  When you go to the website to schedule the interview, there are four options for selecting your reason for signing up: 

- I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site

- I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment

- I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

- I am a returning U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) and require re-entry authorization to the United States.

- None of the above

Assuming you are NVC too and didn't receive a letter with the consular interview date, which option did you choose from the above?  

Thanks!

I selected that they contacted me by email and told me to book an interview.

The embassy has received my stuff from NVC and I had my medical ten days ago. 

I expedited after I was DQ at NVC.

_______

This is copied straight from the email:

Thank you for your email. 

Based on the information that you have provided, you may now register your account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to book a new interview date

_______

It all feels very surreal, like I've been in the desert for days and I see a mirage. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, T3G said:

When you go to the website to schedule the interview, there are four options for selecting your reason for signing up: 

* I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

You got an email today from consular section (embassy) telling you to schedule.

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

* I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

You got an email today from consular section (embassy) telling you to schedule.

Yes. 

I didn't find it to be ambiguous, personally. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

Yes. 

I didn't find it to be ambiguous, personally. 

What did you enter where it asked case number? Did you already have it from NVC?

Enter Case Number as it appears in your NVC or KCC letter/email:

• NVC Letter/Email: AFG2018123456 (3 letters and 10 digits)
  • KCC Letter/Email: 2018AF00012345 (4 digits, 2 letters, 8 digits)

8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What did you enter where it asked case number? Did you already have it from NVC?

Enter Case Number as it appears in your NVC or KCC letter/email:

• NVC Letter/Email: AFG2018123456 (3 letters and 10 digits)
  • KCC Letter/Email: 2018AF00012345 (4 digits, 2 letters, 8 digits)

The LND number.  

They wanted the DS260 number too. It's on the footer of the DS260 confirmation sheet next to a bar code. Other side of footer is a  barcode and the case number. 

Edited by jarrod679

18 minutes ago, jarrod679 said:

The LND number.  

They wanted the DS260 number too. It's on the footer of the DS260 confirmation sheet next to a bar code. Other side of footer is a  barcode and the case number. 

Thanks for the advice - I just didn't want to get too excited yet!  

Another question - where do I find the DS260 confirmation sheet?  I've looked on my ceac account and don't see a confirmation sheet/anything with a barcode.  

Appreciate your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.