2,967 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi everyone....... if anyone can help me...

Please I need advices, my VAWA i filed in oct 2017 and no approval or RFE yet.  Where should I go to for help to the senator or governor?  so they will write USCIS because my processing time is very long now.  Please... what should I do?

Governors don't really help with federal matters. You want to get your congressman or one of the senators. Basically find their page on the house or senate page, find the "contact" section, send them a message explaining your circumstances, they'll send you a privacy act release form which you then will then fill out, sign, and send back to them.

I've done this this week actually.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

dear friends

next week I am planning to submit my work authorization renewal under VAWA c31 so I have a question that the work authorization category should be under c31 

Moreover  I am planning to attach the following annexure with my application under work authorization under category C31.

1) From I-765 form filled and printed with our signature on it.

2) $ 410 fees check

3) Copy of my passport

4) Copy of I360 approval notice.

5) Copy of deferred action granted after the approval of VAWA.

6) Copy of my expiring C31 EAD. (Which is going to expire in Jan 2021).

7) 2 Passport style photographs.

😎 Form G-28 

9) Form G-1145

please send me some suggestion that am I on the right track 

G28 only if your attorney is sending. The rest are fine

17 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol..got you. But like I said I'm pretty sure it's been transferred already. Just keep monitoring the updates even though they're not so reliable..you know USCIS, they're the CEO of been messy!💁

IKR very messy. This morning I went through my uscis papers and found a similar document I got from them in 2018 the letterhead is from NBC and I know at the time my documents where at NBC so, now I’m pretty sure It was transferred to the field office, I’m thinking why would NBC it VSC have a NY field office letter head? Just my logics but as you said they are messy so... but I’ll try to contact a senator to confirm. 

44 minutes ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi everyone....... if anyone can help me...

Please I need advices, my VAWA i filed in oct 2017 and no approval or RFE yet.  Where should I go to for help to the senator or governor?  so they will write USCIS because my processing time is very long now.  Please... what should I do?

That's very long. You need to inquire with your senator or congress person

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hey guys so I tried doing a inquiry online because my VAWA was approved in April and then nothing about the I-485. No transfer notice or anything. So I received this letter and I realized the letterhead is from the NY field office so I’m wondering if that means my case was actually transferred even though I didn’t get a update 🤔

Hey,

I received a similar notice in an email, but later through my congressman found out, that my case is still in NBC. So this notice gives you absolutely no info about the status or location of your case.

17 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Has anybody experience this? I went to renew my drivers license and they will not let me renew it, this also happened whenever it was about to expire before the dps got close because of the pandemic I went and they needed “two verifications’”  from immigration but nevertheless they couldnt proceed with it because they close a week after. My workpermit was category c31 and was the one that I received whenever my vawa was approved back in november of last year. My drivers license expired since april 04 2020 and the personnel at the dps told me I cant renew it until 30 days befor it expires 😟😅 and I was like how can i be with a drivers license for only one month lol and she said that people that are in the middle of the process of fixing their status get that so I dont know because I have not yet receive an interview and she said I can show an approval letter from immigration from the green card and they can issue me a drivers license but needless to say I dont have that either lol. 

I went with my C31 in March and they couldn't renew it on the spot, said I need an extra verification. So 2-3 days later I called a number they gave me, and it took a few more days to confirm the verification stuff, but basically it was good after that and I just had to come back to the DMV again and renew it. Haven't done it, since they have been closed this whole time, but the verification seemed to have went through alright.

4 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

dear friends

next week I am planning to submit my work authorization renewal under VAWA c31 so I have a question that the work authorization category should be under c31 

Moreover  I am planning to attach the following annexure with my application under work authorization under category C31.

1) From I-765 form filled and printed with our signature on it.

2) $ 410 fees check

3) Copy of my passport

4) Copy of I360 approval notice.

5) Copy of deferred action granted after the approval of VAWA.

6) Copy of my expiring C31 EAD. (Which is going to expire in Jan 2021).

7) 2 Passport style photographs.

😎 Form G-28 

9) Form G-1145

please send me some suggestion that am I on the right track 

I'd also include your I485 receipt copy. Are passport pictures required? Mine also expires January 2021, I filed without pictures and got my receipt confirmation.

18 hours ago, Demise said:

It is possible but it depends on your specific circumstances. If you do not have 180 days or more of unlawful presence then you can leave, wait for approval abroad, and do consular processing, get your IB1 immigrant visa, and return to US.

If you do have unlawful presence that would get you banned from re-entry then it's best you stay in US for the time being. Like, you can get around the bar without needing a waiver, but you basically have to prove that you overstaying your visa or entering unlawfully was somehow connected to the abuse.

I came into the country legally, but overstayed my visa.  I was made the promise my ex would file the paperwork right away. He obviously didn't, so right now I face re-entry ban if I were to leave and come back. 

4 hours ago, Demise said:

I-360 is not a visa in itself. You can do consular processing after it's approved but basically either you needed to maintain some kind of legal presence and have less than 180 days of unlawful presence, or you need to demonstrate that your unlawful entry or overstay was somehow connected to your abuse. Otherwise you'd need an I-601 like everyone else and to get that you have to prove that your absence from US would cause extreme hardship to a USC/LPR Spouse (obviously not the same spouse), Parent, or Child.

So if I am understanding correctly, if I leave the US now (without filing for VAWA), I would have accrued unlawful presence during my marriage here? It's almost been a year since I have filed the marriage based i-130 and don't have any other visa otherwise. I traveled in Feb 2020 and was admitted back in the US.  

Filed: Other Timeline

I saw this on the USCIS website and i thought it could be helpful to some people here.

COVID-19 announcement

We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic may make it difficult for some people to reply on time to requests or notices from USCIS. While we will continue to act on replies filed on time, we are allowing certain measures regarding certain late replies received in response to USCIS requests, notices, or decisions. If you have received a request or notice from us with an issue date from March 1, 2020 to September 11, 2020, and you fail to reply on time, we will consider a reply received within 60 days after the response due date listed in the request or notice before we act on your case. This applies to Requests for Evidence; Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14); Notice of Intent to Deny; Notice of Intent to Revoke; Notice of Intent to Rescind; Notice of Intent to Terminate; and Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA). If you would like to submit a response after the deadline date on the request or notice, and the response period in your account has closed, use the “unsolicited evidence” option under the case Documents tab in your online account.

45 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

I came into the country legally, but overstayed my visa.  I was made the promise my ex would file the paperwork right away. He obviously didn't, so right now I face re-entry ban if I were to leave and come back. 

31 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

So if I am understanding correctly, if I leave the US now (without filing for VAWA), I would have accrued unlawful presence during my marriage here? It's almost been a year since I have filed the marriage based i-130 and don't have any other visa otherwise. I traveled in Feb 2020 and was admitted back in the US.  

Honestly both of you are better off just staying in US.

You do not accrue unlawful presence if you're on a visa, while you have a pending AOS or COS, or approved Deferred Action (including DACA), TPS, or DED, or an unexpired order of voluntary departure. If you crunch the numbers and get that you were in US unlawfully for less than 180 days then yeah you should be fine, otherwise:

If you can prove that you overstayed because you let your visa lapse because you filed for AOS and then your spouse basically pulled the rug from under you, you should in theory be fine.

The problem is that you will be going through the state department and getting the state department to reverse itself should it find you inadmissible and not fitting the VAWA exception criteria for avoiding the 3 or 10 year bar it will be super difficult to fight that. While in US you can technically fight against USCIS and EOIR all the way to the supreme court. While abroad there is pretty much no appeal process against the DOS.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

Please house ,

I have a question I want to ask if anybody has ever go to the interview of i485 with their spouse before and still get their vawa approved ..my friend went for interview with her spouse and they called them again for interview second time and she refused to go ...can my friend file for vawa ..the first interview was stoke ..he didn’t know what her wife said cuz his wife was been non challant and lackadaisical with his life..so I want to know if he can file vawa cuz his wife has stopped picking his calls and won’t come back home again ...what I want to ask here is that has anybody ever went to interview with their wife and still get vawa approved and get their green card ...please is it possible ..cu my friend is confused right now and wants to go and kill himself ..please he just need a talk of hope to know if he can handle the pain ..the wife was abusive verbally .. but they have gone to interview once but nobody knows what she said there ...ever since then she failed to talk to him and moved out of the house ..please I need enlightenment if he can file for vawa ?  

11 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

i just got an email update for my case so far , for the I-485

so this means its going to my local office? o.O

Capture.JPG

It was transferred to the NBC, later you will receive courtesy letter for medical and then they will transfer it to your local office

Update on my inquiry with congressperson regarding I-485 suck in NBC. Congressperson contacted USCIS within two days from the day of my email. USCIS took 7 days to respond. Here's USCIS response:

image.png.9c4db2ec667a6bd860744b4e4c870ef0.png

Quick question: This letter was signed by the USCIS local office of my city. Does that mean that my case is already in Local Office? Or could it be that the case is in queue at NBC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.