2,967 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Goodmorning fam!💖🌟 On this occassion of my birthday,💖🌟 I just want to reach out to anyone who's struggling emotionally or any other way..I have been there, God came through for me, HE will too for you!💖🌟 When I remember how God gave me victory, I'm always happy to help here as much as I can! (Quick Response Squad) lol.😊 there's always a blessing attached to helping others!🌟 Be blessed all. Happy birthday to me 8/8 Much love from me to you..💖🌟

Happy Bday to one amazing member of this amazing family that we represent in this forum. Wish you all the love and happines that you can handle :) 

5 hours ago, Apolo said:

Happy Bday to one amazing member of this amazing family that we represent in this forum. Wish you all the love and happines that you can handle :) 

Lord knows I need that...the one I can handle..not the one that will overwhelm and consume me!🙏😀 thanks beautiful!😘🌹💖

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
22 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone! 

Today I received a letter form a counselor I was seeing for 5 sessions when I was residing with the abuser. (I stopped because it made me feel worse to bring up the ongoing trauma with no relief) I’m not sure whether to include the letter or not. I’ve started seeing a therapist now who is going to write a full report but this would be only to show it was an ongoing abuse. The bad part is that she’s saying that she recommended me seeing a psychologist now only to seek evaluation for immigration purposes. I’m seeing the therapist for the actual help and evaluation as needed for the case. I attached the letter. Please advise. 

1AD5651D-9D2D-48C7-902A-36FE2322543C.jpeg

Reading this letter, I don't think this letter is very helpful to be honest for the following texts listed on the letter:

• You were seen for a short term counseling and assessment only. 
  • You have self-reported your symptoms 
  • Your treatment recommendation was to seek legal counsel
  • get a psychiatric evaluation by a psychiatrist to assist you with the documentations your lawyer requested.

I would exclude this letter from your documentations list.   I will let others with more experience comment on this, but I don't see any positive point to help you with VAWA on this letter. 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

44 minutes ago, onek said:

Reading this letter, I don't think this letter is very helpful to be honest for the following texts listed on the letter:

• You were seen for a short term counseling and assessment only. 
  • You have self-reported your symptoms 
  • Your treatment recommendation was to seek legal counsel
  • get a psychiatric evaluation by a psychiatrist to assist you with the documentations your lawyer requested.

I would exclude this letter from your documentations list.   I will let others with more experience comment on this, but I don't see any positive point to help you with VAWA on this letter. 

And you're right here...this is nowhere near a psychological evaluation! You might as well present a blank sheet as this is a dead end! @2020filer you need to go to a proper psychologist/counselor..and this is not a one time or brief affair thing...sound evaluation and diagnosis is made after a length of time..accompanying it is the referral. A decent evaluation spans at least 3 through 5pages. In some really complex cases more! It details your trauma, evaluation/diagnosis, your response to help, and referral.👍

On 8/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, HolaBola31 said:

Congrats!!!🥳🥳🥳

Wow! 
That’s give me a lot of hopes!

My VAWA is filed one months after yours.

And my birthday is on September. It would be just the best BDay gift🙏🏻❤️

Enjoy this great news!!! Yay!

I though I will get the approval on September as well and it's also my birth month, but God gave it to me earlier. Just keep on praying and trust him with your whole heart and you will never expect what he can do for us.

Hope to hear your approval soon! 😊

Edited by Chicago_315

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've pretty much been apart of this website for quite awhile just been silent reading and finally made an account, been in the usa since 2016... Life has been a hard long path for sure, got married, wife went crazy got denied I-485, Then ended up filling for VAWA. So yea its been a crazy long ride. But the great news so far is that ive got my VAWA approve since recently.  Now just waiting on my I485 to process at the moment. Perhaps you guys also wanna know my timeline...

♦ Applied for i360, i485, ead and ap on November 20th, 2018

RFE sent for I-360 (payment from credit card fail to process) January 2nd 

RFE response sent January 5th

♦ Biometrics notice Feb 8th 2019

♦Biometrics done Feb 25th 2019

EAD and AP approved may 24th, 2019

♦ New card being produced may 25th 2019

♦Card mailed to me may 28th 2019

-------2020--------

♦They ordered my EAD c31 june 3rd

♦They mailed card c31 june 5th

♦Card in hand june 10th

♦I-360 Case Approved, August 7th, 2020.

26 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

I've pretty much been apart of this website for quite awhile just been silent reading and finally made an account, been in the usa since 2016... Life has been a hard long path for sure, got married, wife went crazy got denied I-485, Then ended up filling for VAWA. So yea its been a crazy long ride. But the great news so far is that ive got my VAWA approve since recently.  Now just waiting on my I485 to process at the moment. Perhaps you guys also wanna know my timeline...

-------2020--------

♦Card in hand june 10th

Congratulations dear!🙌😊🌟💫 more wins! Next is the greencard victory!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations dear!🙌😊🌟💫 more wins! Next is the greencard victory!

Thanks, much appreciated; surely hope it will be a smooth process after this. Just haven't had my mind on my case, i just let it sit and take its time. :) :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

-------2020--------

♦Card in hand june 10th

@AA.Bailey Congratulations...

8 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

And you're right here...this is nowhere near a psychological evaluation! You might as well present a blank sheet as this is a dead end! @2020filer you need to go to a proper psychologist/counselor..and this is not a one time or brief affair thing...sound evaluation and diagnosis is made after a length of time..accompanying it is the referral. A decent evaluation spans at least 3 through 5pages. In some really complex cases more! It details your trauma, evaluation/diagnosis, your response to help, and referral.👍

Referral meaning? 🙈

3 hours ago, AA.Bailey said:

-------2020--------

♦Card in hand june 10th

Congratulations 🥳

5 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Referral meaning? 🙈

Smiles..😊 referral is simply what it is! I really don't know about other practices, but where I attended, there is a limited number of times for the sesions they offer(which was free to me anyway)..I was told so by my therapist. After the time they allow has lapsed, they can refer you to other reputable practices if they believe you still need more help. They usually include this detail in their report to show you have been referred for more help. Most people get better without needing more therapy. Often you hear folks here complaining about persistent trauma etc..those people need ongoing therapy/counselling. Attending therapy for a brief period of time just to have evidence of abuse will not help you in the long run if you truly need to heal for your own good!👍😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.