zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 01/04/2021 at 7:37 PM, Laur800 said:

My husband just got his scheduled yesterday for 20 April - IR-1 visa. But I ended up contacting a senator in my home state two days before and then reached out to the embassy. It could have been a coincidence but I don’t it. 

Congratulations and Thanks for update 

On 3/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, juzasking said:

Hi,

though it is case by case, do you mind sharing your experience? My final destination will also be JFK and am looking through options ahead of time.

I booked in with Delta. It's one of the few airlines that is actively working to provide covid-safe conditions - as far as that's possible on a plane. I'll be flying from Sydney to LAX and then onto JFK later this month.  

Hi there, 

Wondering if anyone can share their timeline for green card interview in Sydney? My husband got notice that his CR1 visa application had been expedited on March 13 but then we haven't heard anything since. I thought we would have received an email with the interview date by now.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I have two questions to ask and cannot think of a more suitable group to pose these questions to, than fellow VJers that are from Australia.  Questions are:

• Once the DS-260 and AOS are uploaded to the Department of State (NVC) - How long have you found the NVC takes to review the content provided (and assuming no omissions or clarifications are required), get to a point where they identify the application as Document Qualified;
  • Once NVC has an application identified as Document Qualified - How long do you wait for an interview to be scheduled at the Sydney Consulate (excluding delays that occurred when offices were shut due to Covid).

I was married in October of 2019 and want to ensure that prior to arriving in the USA (and collecting our "Green Card") that we have been married more than 2 years.  I also want to try and ensure that we get to enter the USA to collect the "Green Card" in 2021 if possible and am aware that entry must be transacted within 6 months of approval.  As a result, I am trying to ensure that we don't rush things through and get approved too early (whereby we might need to travel to the USA prior to our anniversary), however do not want to inadvertently delay our migration unnecessarily.  The information requested above will greatly help our planning.

Thankyou in advance for your assistance.

Once I secure my "Green Card" approval, I am looking to travel to the USA to collect it and make plans for our migration to the USA (from Australia).  We are thinking of doing this as part of a holiday/vacation, with a view to returning to Australia and arranging for shipping of our stuff and tying up loose ends prior to permanent departure from Australia.  We imagine that this will take around 4- 6 months.

So the question is - Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible (given Covid and all the complexity that comes with it), to travel to the USA for a short period and return to Australia - noting that we will then look to depart permanently some 4 - 6 months later.  Welcome any information concerning issues in travelling from/to Australia, as well as any challenges that we may face on the USA front (although I am led to believe that after receiving our Green Card we are permitted to depart the country temporarily).

All information welcome and appreciated.

4 minutes ago, xxxBananaManxxx said:

and am aware that entry must be transacted within 6 months of approval.

Most of the time the visa validity is related to the Panel Physician medical, not the visa approval date: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/tuberculosis.html

No TB Classification

Applicants without current clinical findings of tuberculosis disease, without known HIV infection, and with a normal chest x-ray (and for applicants who require it, a negative IGRA) with normal tuberculosis disease screening examinations. Travel clearance is valid for 6 months from the time the evaluation is complete.

1 minute ago, xxxBananaManxxx said:

as well as any challenges that we may face on the USA front (although I am led to believe that after receiving our Green Card we are permitted to depart the country temporarily).

It's not an issue on the USA front. I won't comment on the leaving Aus twice part since I don't have much knowledge about that.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:50 PM, midsummer said:

I booked in with Delta. It's one of the few airlines that is actively working to provide covid-safe conditions - as far as that's possible on a plane. I'll be flying from Sydney to LAX and then onto JFK later this month.  

Thanks 😃, how was your experience applying for exemption to leave Australia?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

My k1 visa interview is scheduled at the end of this month. My fiance is  preparing the I-134 form now.

Does anyone know if I need to bring the form with original signature to the interview or just scanned copies will be fine? Because according to the document cover letter it says copy only for I-134 and its supporting documents. But I also heard that original form is required......

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all my expedite request is approved today 

I want to ask how long it takes to get interview letter? 

My case is show in ceac at sydney and when i check nvc case status it shows in transit what it means plz gudie me

2 hours ago, Jean Silva said:

Is there someone here going to the USA this week or next week? My flight is booked for 16th April, but I don't know if the flights are going normally.

My US husband is returning home to the US the week after next and we aren't concerned. He's with Delta and they're flying almost every day of the week. You can view the flight data for your particular flight route online to make sure it hasn't been cancelled in the past, but I can say with reasonable certainty you'll be fine. I flew to the US and back last year without any issues leaving, either. All the best!

23 hours ago, summer0905 said:

Hi everyone, 

My k1 visa interview is scheduled at the end of this month. My fiance is  preparing the I-134 form now.

Does anyone know if I need to bring the form with original signature to the interview or just scanned copies will be fine? Because according to the document cover letter it says copy only for I-134 and its supporting documents. But I also heard that original form is required......

I took a scanned copy with me and this was accepted when I attended my interview at Sydney in February

On 4/7/2021 at 6:56 PM, juzasking said:

Thanks 😃, how was your experience applying for exemption to leave Australia?

Straight forward. I'd say it helps to have some official documents to upload along with your visa and the stat dec. There's some discussion in the Australia part of the forum about applying for an exemption.

4 hours ago, Jean Silva said:

Is there someone here going to the USA this week or next week? My flight is booked for 16th April, but I don't know if the flights are going normally.

My flight is after yours. I've been keeping a close eye on the news in case we see borders close again but it all seems to be okay for the moment. I'm flying out of Sydney so I've followed the NSW Health account on Twitter and the same for Sydney airport and set it to alert me whenever they post so I know as soon as they release any information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, midsummer said:

I took a scanned copy with me and this was accepted when I attended my interview at Sydney in February

That's great! Thank you so much:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.