zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,567 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

You sure? As a dual you usually enter/leave your country on your (that countries) passport... e.g. enter/leave Aus on Aussie, then enter/leave us on us.. that way the gov can track where you are and also Removing need for nz passport.. Or at least that’s how I’ve always done it... you just show us passport when leaving to prove no us visa required when leaving Aus.. 

that’s what I thought too. But because we are immigrating, she’ll need a US immigrant visa attached to her Australian passport at checkin. 

because she’s a citizen of US she needs to travel on her US passport as we won’t be going through immigration again in NZ. She will also use her US passport to enter 

but I was under the assumption she could leave Australia on her Aussie passport but because we are immigrants and she has no US immigrant visa she needs to use her passport. Maybe post covid/once we’ve moved I dunno. It was only $10 and time will tel at check in 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/16/2020 at 10:57 PM, B&ANZ said:

It just switched over to "ready" :) means the embassy has it now!

Yep, this happened to us.We got an email a few hours after expedite approval. There is a thread about it in the NVC forum. When that person called, NVC said its an automated message to clear their interview logs since they are not going to schedule the interview. You will work with the embassy to get it scheduled.

Same thing happened to us last night, received the 'Immigration Appointment Cancelled' email from NVC even though I never had one in first place. Sounds like this is part of the process and I should be hearing from Consulate re: interview appointment in coming week (I had already emailed them enquiring and they confirmed yesterday they will confirm interview when they receive my case (expedite approved 5th Sept but still looks to be 'At NVC')). So close...

12th Mar 2019 -> I-130 Submited

1st Apr 2019 -> NOA1

16th Mar 2020 -> I-130 Approved!

12th May 2020 -> Case Received by NVC

1st June 2020 -> Paid AOS and IV fee via CEAC

1st July 2020 -> DS-261 and AOS submitted via CEAC

12th Aug 2020 -> Case Complete (Documentarily Qualified)

18th Aug 2020 -> Expedite Request Sent to NVC

11th Sept 2020 -> Expedite Request Approved

21st Sept 2020 -> Case received at Consulate

29th Sept 2020 -> Interview Appointment Email Received

1st Oct 2020 -> Medical completed in Sydney

6th Oct 2020 -> Interiew (Verbally confirmed as approved subject to receipt of medical)

On 7/22/2020 at 5:44 AM, aus2tx said:

Got approved for expedite this afternoon! Emailed NVC 7/10, Acknowledged 7/15, Approved 7/21

based on a well crafted emotional distress argument

Hello! So you didn’t need to email the Sydney embassy for the expedite ? And how long did it take for your case to get from USCIS TO NVC

1 minute ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

That’s so good! Congrats girl!!! May I ask how long did it take from USCIS to NVC? And did you expedite from there or Sydney embassy ? Was the interview hard :)?

took about 12 hours from USCIS to NVC.

once all docs were submitted at NVC and we were DQ (total around 4 days it took from submission to DQ) we requested expedited. It’s done through Dept of State, went to consulate in Sydney. 

interview was easy, just needed a joint sponsor which added 2 weeks into getting visa  

Our Visa Journey:

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

24 minutes ago, zochu said:

took about 12 hours from USCIS to NVC.

once all docs were submitted at NVC and we were DQ (total around 4 days it took from submission to DQ) we requested expedited. It’s done through Dept of State, went to consulate in Sydney. 

interview was easy, just needed a joint sponsor which added 2 weeks into getting visa  

Only took 12 hours ? And you had your case number and was able to email Sydney for an expedite ?? Was your case electronic or? And when did you very first file for your K1 visa
we got approved 8 days ago and I called NVC today and they still hasn’t got anything ! We filed in December . 

okay so you would of emailed the Sydney ..ect email address ? 

Sorry for all the questions ! :) 

3 hours ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

Hello! So you didn’t need to email the Sydney embassy for the expedite ? And how long did it take for your case to get from USCIS TO NVC

I had a very drastic process for no reason

i emailed NVC (nvcexpedite@travel.state.gov). Took a week to be acknoweged and a week to be approved. Took about 1.5 weeks to go from NVC to Sydney. Interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later. We were delayed due to eMed issues with the consulate, so another 2 week delay.

all in all, took about 1.5 months from when we applied for the expedite to getting our visa in hand. Which isn’t BAD, just unexpectedly 

longer than other experiences here

where are you in the process? Still waiting on NOA2?

Edited by aus2tx

6 hours ago, aus2tx said:

I had a very drastic process for no reason

i emailed NVC (nvcexpedite@travel.state.gov). Took a week to be acknoweged and a week to be approved. Took about 1.5 weeks to go from NVC to Sydney. Interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later. We were delayed due to eMed issues with the consulate, so another 2 week delay.

all in all, took about 1.5 months from when we applied for the expedite to getting our visa in hand. Which isn’t BAD, just unexpectedly 

longer than other experiences here

where are you in the process? Still waiting on NOA2?

And that’s where you send them your reason for why you want it expedited ? 

Ddi you have to send that request once they had finished processing your case at NVC? Or did you send it Right  away Once you where approved for your NOA2? 

that’s still kinda a fast process for an expedite like it’s not as fast as others but still good :)!! 

how long ago was this ? 

we got our NOA2 a week and a bit ago!!! So no idea how long it takes to get to NVC and when I can get it expedited. ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

@Spencer_Kyle just jumping in quickly to help you out because I'm noticing you're asking people who filed spousal visas (not K-1) about their process and expediting and what you need to do next for your case. It's going to cause you some confusion. You'll notice often under people's names it says what type of visa they filed. The process is different for IR-1/CR-1 than K-1. 

Seeming you are K-1 your process will be this: you need to wait for NVC to give you a case number before you can request expedited processing. At the moment that is taking anywhere from around 3 weeks- 7 weeks from NOA2. It took me 7 weeks for them to generate a case number from NOA2. At that point you can request expedited processing but you need to ask the Consulate. If approved they will request your file from the NVC. I'm not sure how things will change between now and when you get a case number but that's the process at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Lelly said:

@Spencer_Kyle just jumping in quickly to help you out because I'm noticing you're asking people who filed spousal visas (not K-1) about their process and expediting and what you need to do next for your case. It's going to cause you some confusion. You'll notice often under people's names it says what type of visa they filed. The process is different for IR-1/CR-1 than K-1. 

Seeming you are K-1 your process will be this: you need to wait for NVC to give you a case number before you can request expedited processing. At the moment that is taking anywhere from around 3 weeks- 7 weeks from NOA2. It took me 7 weeks for them to generate a case number from NOA2. At that point you can request expedited processing but you need to ask the Consulate. If approved they will request your file from the NVC. I'm not sure how things will change between now and when you get a case number but that's the process at the moment. 

Hello! Oh my gosh! I feel so embarrassed now :(!!! Thank you so much for letting me know that! I’ll remember to look at their visa types when asking from now.

thank you for giving me correct information regarding the K1 fiancé visa! Means a lot 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

Hello! Oh my gosh! I feel so embarrassed now :(!!! Thank you so much for letting me know that! I’ll remember to look at their visa types when asking from now.

thank you for giving me correct information regarding the K1 fiancé visa! Means a lot 🙂 

Yeh sorry K1 and CR1 is a bit different in terms of process! 

I hope your case number comes soon so you can expedite! 

Our Visa Journey:

Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 2:01 AM, Duke & Marie said:

Oh just an FYI to all leaving Aus.. don’t forget to apply to be removed from both state and federal electoral roles.. unless you plan to track and monitor Aussie media and vote for next three years via mail... 

last time I left I wound up getting a $650 fine for each election missed and a suspended driver licence for not voting.. (Very rude how the driver licence is attached to state elections and penalties)

if like me you have a ten year licence and return home e.g. vacation/live you could end up driving for a year+ while suspended and not even know you suspended (And by default uninsured because suspended) until you go to renew your driver  licence. 

forms are at your local post office.. 

Oh good info!! Thanks for that!!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

You're fine! Don't stress! And you're not the only one so I thought clarifying the process for K-1 not just for you but for others with the same questions might help 😊 we have all had to ask plenty of questions along the way too and also had to get used to the forum etc (there are still lots of things I don't know how to do in here 😊). Also, this situation with the pandemic is creating some entirely new processes and so some of it has come about through trial and error and the early lot of K-1s getting expedited processing (because in normal times K-1 already is "expedited" - but with cases just sitting at NVC now until the Consulate resumes regular processing, it has changed things). 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:20 PM, vincentamosa said:

just emailed both sydneyiv@state.gov and nvcexpedite@travel.state.gov with our story and request for expedite. fingers crossed! 

found these instructions on scheduling emergency appointment in the auto reply from Sydney IV:

If you have a pending immigrant visa application,  your case file has been already been transferred to our office by the National Visa Center (NVC), and you have an urgent need to travel to the United States related to hardship to your U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) spouse, child, or parent, please email SydneyIV@state.gov with the subject line “EMERGENCY IV APPOINTMENT: [Surname, Given Name].”  In your message, please include your case number (SYDXXX…); the full names and dates of birth of all visa applicants; the full name, date of birth, and relationship to you of your U.S. citizen or LPR relative; your proposed U.S. travel plans; and a detailed description of the hardship your relative might suffer if the visa applicant(s) were unable to travel immediately to the United States.  We will consider emergency appointment requests on a case-by-case basis. If you do not have an immigrant visa application pending with our office, your travel is not an emergency, or you do not have a U.S./LPR relative facing hardship if you cannot travel immediately, you may not qualify for an emergency immigrant visa appointment at this time.   If your case file is still undergoing processing at NVC, please contact NVC directly, as we do not have the ability to schedule an emergency appointment until we receive your file.

emailed the sydneyiv email and this was their response. Did anyone else receive and email like this? An email was also sent to the nvcexpedite email have yet to hear back 644AC6E3-C25A-445F-9A1D-67D6727027B2.thumb.jpeg.a64da40716685268a6cddc601f3b734d.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.