1,455 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

I have a question - my K1 and K2 visa have now expired (since June 4th) my AOS package was delivered to the lockbox on June 10th, to date no NOA nor has the money orders been cashed it has been 34 days. i have spoken to two USCIS agent and one tier 2 agent they all said the same thing for me to email the lockbox, which i did on friday July 10th (a response can take 30-60days). i have a UPS receipt that shows the package was deliverd on June 10th to 'Justin' in the mail room thats all the evidence i have. I am out of status ( K! visa being expired) the question is 'How do i move forward? 😢😢

Following this, because I have EXACTLY the same timeline/issues/followup. 

On 7/8/2020 at 8:34 PM, itscarly said:

I did the exact same thing and I already received a receipt number, so I don't think is going to be a problem

So does the receipt number means that no rejection will follow in the mail. Our card was charged and we received the text with the number but not the mail yet ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, AOKS said:

Following this, because I have EXACTLY the same timeline/issues/followup. 

Sorry that you are experiencing this too but glad  that i am not alone. This extended wait is so frustrating. 😠

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

Sorry that you are experiencing this too but glad  that i am not alone. This extended wait is so frustrating. 😠

I was in the same situation but the receipt came finally, they received my petition on June 4th and received the receipt on July 6th .. So I guess they are taking longer with some .. just have to be patient but I believe it's coming :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lisa Pr said:

I was in the same situation but the receipt came finally, they received my petition on June 4th and received the receipt on July 6th .. So I guess they are taking longer with some .. just have to be patient but I believe it's coming :)

Thanks!

Our RFE letter just arrived in the mail. They want a copy of my birth certificate, which I sent with the packet. 🤦‍♀️ How annoying. But at least it's an easy fix. We're mailing it tomorrow.

BTW, do I have to send the original RFE letter (in the yellow paper) or just a copy of that?

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Trese said:

Our RFE letter just arrived in the mail. They want a copy of my birth certificate, which I sent with the packet. 🤦‍♀️ How annoying. But at least it's an easy fix. We're mailing it tomorrow.

We sent the wrong type of birth certificate (People's Republic of China). We're needing to request a new version be created for us from the local government there. It'll take a week or two. :( I put details and my RFIE letter in another thread: 

11 minutes ago, Trese said:

BTW, do I have to send the original RFE letter (in the yellow paper) or just a copy of that?

No. Our letter says to include a copy of the letter, so we're planning to submit a photocopy of the letter. I don't see any harm in giving them the original, as long as you maintain a copy of it. Did you get a RFIE or RFE? Does it say the same as our's?

Did you submit an English translated copy? Did you also include the "translation true & complete" statement? They need the foreign language, English translation, and the declaration that the translation is true and complete.

Edited by pigrew

21 minutes ago, pigrew said:

We sent the wrong type of birth certificate (People's Republic of China). We're needing to request a new version be created for us from the local government there. It'll take a week or two. :( I put details and my RFIE letter in another thread: 

No. Our letter says to include a copy of the letter, so we're planning to submit a photocopy of the letter. I don't see any harm in giving them the original, as long as you maintain a copy of it. Did you get a RFIE or RFE? Does it say the same as our's?

Did you submit an English translated copy? Did you also include the "translation true & complete" statement? They need the foreign language, English translation, and the declaration that the translation is true and complete.

Thanks!

This is what's in our letter:

image.thumb.png.14628ef56afea0633471e052a67b8a77.png

My birth certificate is English (standard for official documents in our country) so I won't be needing a translation. Will be sending a copy from the government agency, complete with the receipt when I got it. 🙄 :lol: 

Edited by Trese

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Trese said:

Will this cover letter suffice?

I've never done one before, but it looks like it has all the important stuff in it. I'd suggest adding your I-485 receipt number, and maybe email address.

The certificate sounds like what they want...  Double check that it has what the RFE says... so at least one parent name, and a legible seal, stamp, or signature? 

When ordering the response, it should be {copy of RFIE request letter, cover letter, evidence}. The request letter must go on top. On the outside of the envelope you should write "Response to Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)".

I'm a little late to the party. Sorry

Here is my current timeline :)

June 17 - Papers sent via FedEx to Chicago lock box
June 18 - Confirmation of Delivery
July 1 - Got a confirmation the lawyer's check was cashed for both I-130 and I-485
July 9 - Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent for I-485

I'm not sure what the RFE is.  Also, no word on any bio-metrics right now.  The offices open back up July 27 here

An update

June 19: AoS package was sent through FedEx
June 22: AoS package arrived to lockbox

July 6: checks were cashed

July 7: received text messages

July 13: received NOA (I-797C) through mail 

I’m from Reno and the App Support Center is going to open at the end of the month, hopefully I’ll get my biometrics appointment next month 🙏

Edited by itscarly

On 7/13/2020 at 12:33 PM, bradoony said:

So does the receipt number means that no rejection will follow in the mail. Our card was charged and we received the text with the number but not the mail yet ?

For now it means they accepted the case, in the mail you’re gonna receive a NOA soon (I think we have similar timelines, check your mailbox it might be there already), after the NOA you’re going to receive either a RFE or a biometrics appointment date (in the next few weeks) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

The ASC reopened yesterday here in Alexandria so hopefully I get a biometrics appointment soon. Not expecting anything for July with the current backlog but hopefully August! Would be a nice birthday month gift 🤞🏼

On 7/13/2020 at 8:06 PM, pigrew said:

I've never done one before, but it looks like it has all the important stuff in it. I'd suggest adding your I-485 receipt number, and maybe email address.

The certificate sounds like what they want...  Double check that it has what the RFE says... so at least one parent name, and a legible seal, stamp, or signature? 

When ordering the response, it should be {copy of RFIE request letter, cover letter, evidence}. The request letter must go on top. On the outside of the envelope you should write "Response to Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)".

What I sent in the first place has all those.. though it was a clear photocopy (as the instructions say to send a copy). So I just sent the original. I just sent the letter, copy of RFIE letter and BC as is. I didn't bother with the case number since it's already on the RFIE letter itself. As for the contact details, what they have (email and mobile) is up to date and I got all my notifications just fine so I didn't include those. 🤷‍♀️

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.