1,455 posts in this topic

Timeline
22 minutes ago, jpass12 said:

Hello all! I've been reading your posts and after seeing how many have received their notifications and cards charged. I am starting to worry. Our packet was received at the Chicago Lockbox on June 9th, and we have not heard anything. I called yesterday and our information does not appear in their systems. Not sure if our case will take longer since I submitted the AOS for my wife and her two children. May take longer to process I think. 

Also, how would I find out if the application was rejected? Mail, email, text? Thanks. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, jpass12 said:

Also, how would I find out if the application was rejected? Mail, email, text? Thanks. 

Snail mail. They'll send the entire packet back to you.

When they rejected us, they had collated the evidence and stapled each form's evidence to that particular form. (We had put all of the evidence together at the end, since some of the evidence should be used for multiple forms). They also put English translations prior to the foreign language document. We tried to maintain their ordering in the resubmission. They also put date/time stamps on the bottom of each page (except for one that their machine missed). These are fine to resubmit back to the lockbox.

They do not email or SMS you about rejections.

If it's been 30 days since delivery, you should be able to contact USCIS customer service and they can lookup if it had been rejected. However, USCIS apparently cannot see the text of the rejection notice, so the agents cannot tell you why it was rejected. In our case, they had unsealed our medical I-684 form, and we have had to pay the doctor to assemble a new I-684 packet.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, pigrew said:

Snail mail. They'll send the entire packet back to you.

When they rejected us, they had collated the evidence and stapled each form's evidence to that particular form. (We had put all of the evidence together at the end, since some of the evidence should be used for multiple forms). They also put English translations prior to the foreign language document. We tried to maintain their ordering in the resubmission. They also put date/time stamps on the bottom of each page (except for one that their machine missed). These are fine to resubmit back to the lockbox.

They do not email or SMS you about rejections.

If it's been 30 days since delivery, you should be able to contact USCIS customer service and they can lookup if it had been rejected. However, USCIS apparently cannot see the text of the rejection notice, so the agents cannot tell you why it was rejected. In our case, they had unsealed our medical I-684 form, and we have had to pay the doctor to assemble a new I-684 packet.

I see. Well as of yesterday they had no information on us in their systems. So I'm crossing my fingers it won't be rejected  and its just being delayed probably because of the size of the application being that it is for there beneficiaries. Thanks for the reply. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, jpass12 said:

We didn't find out our was rejected until we received it in the mail.  As my wife and daughter and I have now discovered this is the most unfair and disorganized process imaginable. At no point can you feel comfortable that things will progress as they should.  

10 hours ago, AC&MH said:

We didn't find out our was rejected until we received it in the mail.  As my wife and daughter and I have now discovered this is the most unfair and disorganized process imaginable. At no point can you feel comfortable that things will progress as they should.  

Ohh this is really annoying. I hope everything goes well when you send it again. Stay positive! Did they cashed your check or money since they rejected it and return it back to you? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So today is day 31 since i submitted my application still no response. i contacted an agent just now via Emma and they are not seeing anything in their system and suggest i send an email to the lockbox. this is now cause for worry as i dont know if my package was overlooked and been sitting in file 13. It was delivered on June 10th and signed for by Justin in the mailroom. Is there a number i can call to speak to someone at the lockbox or otherwise? going out of my mind now.

Got a text on 07/08 that they sent us an RFE. Waiting for the letter to arrive so we could comply ASAP. I don't know what we could have missed sending as we triple checked everything. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well. I just hope it's an easy fix. 🤞

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Trese said:

Got a text on 07/08 that they sent us an RFE. Waiting for the letter to arrive so we could comply ASAP. I don't know what we could have missed sending as we triple checked everything. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well. I just hope it's an easy fix. 🤞

Let us know what they wanted please!!

Good luck with the process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, bradoony said:

Ohh this is really annoying. I hope everything goes well when you send it again. Stay positive! Did they cashed your check or money since they rejected it and return it back to you? 

Its worse than annoying...its infuriating.

I'm not beyond making a mistake, and if the error had been my own I would accept it.

For our entire AOS TO BE REJECTED FOR A COMPLETLY ABSURD REASON JUST BLOWS ME UP.

There is no excuse for a person charged with screening these applications to not be fully aware that K1 and K2 filing concurrently are not required to establish a Priority Date.  The I797 approval notices for I129Fs provided by USCIS itself do not provide this information.

We are all at the mercy of these incompetent jerks. From what I see, getting your petition/package approved is simply a matter of luck centering around which person at the Lockbox screens your packet.

You can be thorough and do everything completely correct and still be rejected.

After I get some time on my hands, I will be waging my own personal campaign against these people.  This ####### needs to be exposed for what it is.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

So today is day 31 since i submitted my application still no response. i contacted an agent just now via Emma and they are not seeing anything in their system and suggest i send an email to the lockbox. this is now cause for worry as i dont know if my package was overlooked and been sitting in file 13. It was delivered on June 10th and signed for by Justin in the mailroom. Is there a number i can call to speak to someone at the lockbox or otherwise? going out of my mind now.

Oh no.  i am sorry to hear you're still waiting.  try not be discouraged, you may hear something very soon.  Someone posted this email address for lockbox support, i hope they're able to assist you: lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

•  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Oh no.  i am sorry to hear you're still waiting.  try not be discouraged, you may hear something very soon.  Someone posted this email address for lockbox support, i hope they're able to assist you: lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

•  

Thanks, I had the email so I wrote to them today. I also spoke to an agent who suggested that I speak to a tier 2 agent. It was already past 12pm (they cut off at that time) today so I will try again on Monday. I pray for sanity until Monday.

Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 3:00 PM, Brklyn Belle said:

They charged my card today.  I still haven't received any text or letters in the mail.

AOS timeline so far:

Mailed 6/8

Received at lockbox 6/10

CC charged 7/8

Received 3 texts with receipt #'s from USCIS on 7/12.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Is this the website that you all use to track your case status after you receive your receipt #?  https://myaccount.uscis.gov/ 

I never see updates on that website, for our paper-filed forms. We just received a RFIE, and myUSCIS still says we have nothing to do. That website might update for our I-130 since we filed it online through that page. It might also be useful for sending messages to USCIS agents.

Use https://egov.uscis.gov/ instead for your status updates.

Timeline

I have a question - my K1 and K2 visa have now expired (since June 4th) my AOS package was delivered to the lockbox on June 10th, to date no NOA nor has the money orders been cashed it has been 34 days. i have spoken to two USCIS agent and one tier 2 agent they all said the same thing for me to email the lockbox, which i did on friday July 10th (a response can take 30-60days). i have a UPS receipt that shows the package was deliverd on June 10th to 'Justin' in the mail room thats all the evidence i have. I am out of status ( K! visa being expired) the question is 'How do i move forward? 😢😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.