Love To Teach

CEAC Internet Site Never Seems to Work Correctly

14 posts in this topic

I was asked to submit some extra documents to NVC. I downloaded all the documents and labeled them. I checked them to make sure that they were downloaded correctly. However, when I downloaded them to the CEAC site, after the download, the site takes me to a page that says CEAC error page. My husband tried on his computer by opening the documents I downloaded, and they opened with this CEAC error page also. They appear to be downloaded when you submit them, but when you open them, this CEAC error page appears.

On my computer, when I open them on my desktop, it IS the correct document. But the site is messing them up. I called and the woman said that the downloads were there, but she can't open them to see if they are the actual correct documents. She said I have to wait and see, and they would let me know if they were wrong. So there goes more wasted time.

Does anybody have any idea what to do? That CEAC site seems to have lots of issues, but never seems to be fixed.

That message is common when the file is too large, make sure they are smaller than 2mb

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

That message is common when the file is too large, make sure they are smaller than 2mb

Yes, and note that you are "uploading" the documents, not downloading.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

13 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Hi--Thanks for the reply. I made sure all of the documents were small enough. I divided them up so that none was over 2 pages. I had my husband look at the uploads on his computer. They come up the same "CEAC error page." Today, when I went back in to try to upload them again, those additional documents were not even listed. But the person I talked to on the phone said that the documents were there, but she couldn't open them (not allowed) so she could not tell me if they uploaded correctly. I am at wit's end with all of our immigration issues. 

Any other suggestions? I tried to upload them again today, but it still goes to an error page. It says "site can't be reached." How can we do what they ask when the site never works correctly? 

Edited by Love To Teach

12 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Hi--Thanks for the reply. I made sure all of the documents were small enough. I divided them up so that none was over 2 pages. I had my husband look at the uploads on his computer. They come up the same "CEAC error page." Today, when I went back in to try to upload them again, those additional documents were not even listed. But the person I talked to on the phone said that the documents were there, but she couldn't open them (not allowed) so she could not tell me if they uploaded correctly. I am at wit's end with all of our immigration issues. 

Any other suggestions? I tried to upload them again today, but it still goes to an error page. It says "site can't be reached." How can we do what they ask when the site never works correctly? 

Number of pages is irrelevant a single photo can be 5mb...  it’s the size of the file that matters... check the file size to ensure it’s less than 2mb.. compress and zip files to make them smaller

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

4 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Number of pages is irrelevant a single photo can be 5mb...  it’s the size of the file that matters... check the file size to ensure it’s less than 2mb.. compress and zip files to make them smaller

I'm sorry I'm so stupid. How do I do that? I have them as just documents.

3 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

I'm sorry I'm so stupid. How do I do that? I have them as just documents.

If you have them all in a folder, change the view to detail not tile, and it will tell you document size.. or you can right click on the and check size that way.. 

to compress, right click and then compress or send to zip, there are also free providers that will compress documents online just google search. 

You can always use the help help function on your computer, it will talk you through it

Either way you need to get the size down 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Ok, I changed them to zip files and downloaded them again.When I open a document, I am still getting the page that says, "CEAC page is not working," except NOW it is blinking off and on. So that is what CEAC will see when they open the file.  I can see why people give up on immigration!

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Ok, I changed them to zip files and downloaded them again.When I open a document, I am still getting the page that says, "CEAC page is not working," except NOW it is blinking off and on. So that is what CEAC will see when they open the file.  I can see why people give up on immigration!

You cannot upload a ZIP file.  They won't accept it because it could contain a virus.  It's an unsupported format as shown at the bottom of the upload screen.  You will have to COMPRESS a file that is too large or print it as a PDF at a lower resolution to get to be under 2MB.  I had to do some as low as 150 dpi instead of the requested 300 dpi to get them small enough, especially the I-864 as there were so many pages scanned.

Edited by Stein

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It's several weeks later. One of my documents still won't upload, the other one did on about the 30th try. There is no pattern, just CEAC error page appears when you try to open them. I have sent the documents to my husband and he has the same problem of the same site, even when he downloads the original scan. It has to be the website.  I wrote and they said they would look into it, but nothing has changed. The documents open fine everywhere else. If anyone can live through the immigration progress, it's a miracle. It presents so many problems. My senator's office says now that the other offices will not even reply to their emails. There are always blocks at every step.

Edited by Marriednow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you do a forum search for "nvc ceac error", you'll find many posts from people experiencing the same issue. If you are seeing this type of thing, it's a problem with their crappy servers (see linked post). It took me a few weeks to get everything uploaded, regardless of which browser or OS I was using. I found I finally had better luck uploading late at night when less people were hitting it. 

3 hours ago, Marriednow said:

It's several weeks later. One of my documents still won't upload, the other one did on about the 30th try. There is no pattern, just CEAC error page appears when you try to open them. I have sent the documents to my husband and he has the same problem of the same site, even when he downloads the original scan. It has to be the website.  I wrote and they said they would look into it, but nothing has changed. The documents open fine everywhere else. If anyone can live through the immigration progress, it's a miracle. It presents so many problems. My senator's office says now that the other offices will not even reply to their emails. There are always blocks at every step.

Clear your cookies and history. Close browser. Reboot. Go back and try again.  Best time to try is 1am est when there are the least amount of people on the servers.  

People used to complain when they had to MAIL all the documents in.  Now maybe they understand that the server infrastructure for the DOS just isnt good enough. I bet my home computer is newer and has more storage. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok, I'll try that too. It just makes no sense that you can upload 2 documents, ten none, then one more that received the CEAC error page 100 times before, and on and on. I will try what you suggest. The sad part is that when they open the last one, they will only see the CEAC error page, which shows them I have tried and tried. But it will bump us to the back of the line AGAIN. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.