dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Biola said:

Hello guys, 

We finally finished submitting everything today. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me what DQ means and what we should be looking out for now after submission? All our documents currently show a status of submitted. 

Document Qualified, means your approved and the next step is the interview

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

1 hour ago, JenIE said:

DQ means "Documentarily Qualified" and basically you are looking out for an email from NVC that tells you that that all the documents have been approved. After you receive that email, if you look at your account, you will see that the "Submitted" status for each file has changed to "Accepted". This of course assumes that all your documents were approved the first time -- if you have any issues, you may find that some documents are marked Accepted and others need to be resubmitted.

Good luck!

Got it. Thank you for the explanation. 

1 hour ago, Rosie91 said:

Document Qualified, means your approved and the next step is the interview

Thank you Rosie91. 

1 hour ago, JenIE said:

The system seems to automatically generate a folder for each country listed in Previous Addresses, regardless of how long you say you lived there. We had a similar situation with an address in another country where my spouse only resided for a few months. We simply put a note in that section that according to the link you referenced above, that we didn't have to provide a Police Certificate for that country. Our case was DQd without any issues.

Glad to hear that! Thanks this is comforting to know. 

3 hours ago, MarlinCobon said:

Yes should not be an issue to submit to NVC but he is asking for the interview, which in most countries tax transcripts is required. Ex. Guatemala will not accept tax returns+ w2s you are required to bring tax transcripts + w2s.  

Try emailing Guatemala embassy IV unit. They should be able to provide with a clear answer on this matter. They usually reply within 1 day. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Try emailing Guatemala embassy IV unit. They should be able to provide with a clear answer on this matter. They usually reply within 1 day. 

Do you happen to have the e-mail? I once e-mailed them but they responded they could not help because it was not a visa matter or something like that.

12 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

Do you happen to have the e-mail? I once e-mailed them but they responded they could not help because it was not a visa matter or something like that.

GUATEMALAIV@state.gov that's the email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! new to the website 😄

been following this thread for a few weeks now and decided to join!

case created: May 12

submited docs: may 22

1st RFE: June 1st

2nd RFE: June 2nd

Was hoping they would reply quickly to our second RFE but its already been a week. hoping it happens soon 🙏  good luck to everyone waiting!!

29 minutes ago, Nessinha said:

Hi! new to the website 😄

been following this thread for a few weeks now and decided to join!

case created: May 12

submited docs: may 22

1st RFE: June 1st

2nd RFE: June 2nd

Was hoping they would reply quickly to our second RFE but its already been a week. hoping it happens soon 🙏  good luck to everyone waiting!!

It will. No worries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

Our case is just missing the police clearance certificate for us to complete our AOS and IV at the NVC.  My wife went to the MIS (Ministry of the Interior Service) office in her hometown on May 14 to apply for the record (it was the first week they were open after Covid-19 lockdown).  They stated the record would be ready on May 28.  On May 28, they stated that no records were available due to technical problems with their computer system.  The actual explanation was on a handout they gave my wife, which she translated for me. 

She has applied for the police cert online a day later, but the website gave her the same error.   She has tried every day since, with no success.

Ukraine is easing lockdown restrictions for most regions, but her oblast is among a handful that is still under harsher restrictions.  

I am wondering if we can submit a letter explaining the situation instead of the PCC, with a promise to provide the PCC during the interview.  When her region's lockdown restrictions are lifted she can travel to Kyiv and apply for the cert at the main MIS office.

Has anyone submitted such a message to the NVC and have received their DQ?  A letter that PCC is not available due to Covid-19, instead of the actual PCC?

39 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello,

Our case is just missing the police clearance certificate for us to complete our AOS and IV at the NVC.  My wife went to the MIS (Ministry of the Interior Service) office in her hometown on May 14 to apply for the record (it was the first week they were open after Covid-19 lockdown).  They stated the record would be ready on May 28.  On May 28, they stated that no records were available due to technical problems with their computer system.  The actual explanation was on a handout they gave my wife, which she translated for me. 

She has applied for the police cert online a day later, but the website gave her the same error.   She has tried every day since, with no success.

Ukraine is easing lockdown restrictions for most regions, but her oblast is among a handful that is still under harsher restrictions.  

I am wondering if we can submit a letter explaining the situation instead of the PCC, with a promise to provide the PCC during the interview.  When her region's lockdown restrictions are lifted she can travel to Kyiv and apply for the cert at the main MIS office.

Has anyone submitted such a message to the NVC and have received their DQ?  A letter that PCC is not available due to Covid-19, instead of the actual PCC?

I have read cases that have successfully proceeded with a letter explaining the circumstance and letting them (NVC) know you will bring the police certificate to interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I have read cases that have successfully proceeded with a letter explaining the circumstance and letting them (NVC) know you will bring the police certificate to interview.

Yes, I did this and it worked for me.

Marriage: 08/28/2019

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019

I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/07/2019

I-130 NOA1 received: 10/14/2019 --> Assigned to Texas Service Center

I-130 approved: 5/15/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center

NVC Stage

Case Number received: 5/16/2020 —> via Email

Paid IV and AOS fee: 5/16/2020

Submitted IV application and civil documents: 5/28/2020

DQ: 6/1/2020 - email

Now waiting for our interview - CD Juarez Mexico

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
50 minutes ago, danielba said:

Yes, I did this and it worked for me.

Thank you.

My wife is going to try one more time tomorrow, at a different service center that works for a fee.  If that doesn't do it, we will send the letter instead of the PCC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 8:30 AM, CGs_Mother said:

That's the same as my friend who isn't on VJ. They are still waiting. I'm so sorry. Wait until Saturday (I know that's strange but our IV fees were updated on a Saturday morning) and then if they haven't changed, call EARLY on  Monday morning and ask about your query. **fingers crossed** foryou.

so today the status changed to paid. im so relieved. it took 14 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.