Jump to content

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Is there anyone who ran into the same situations. If yes, then what were the interview questions? Was interview successful? 

 

my spouse (male) has been married twice in Pakistan, whereas I was married once. My spouse has no kid from previous marriages. Whereas I have one kid from my first marriage. I sponsored my ex-husband who is currently a US citizen. My first marriage lasted for only 3 years and ended up in divorce in 2013. My spouse first marriage lasted for 6 years and second marriage lasted only for few months

 

NVC already approved our case and we are waiting for interview date. I am afraid my spouse is going to have a tough interview and he will be questioned about his previous marriages. 
 

what type of questions he should expect in interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the circumstances and Islamabad being a very difficult embassy to go through, I would not be to surprised if they asked questions about the prior marriages.

Best thing is for him to know the details of them and answer honestly.

Do you have any red flags?

 

Best wishes!


Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband's interview started out normally, which lulled my husband into thinking they were going to be nice to him. Then he was taken to a small room where they screamed, yelled and intimated him. They use Pakistani men to do their dirty work of intimidating and terrorizing people. They made fun of him because I have been divorced 4 times, called him a liar, asked who we paid for our papers. They told him he would never set foot in the USA.  He was so upset he ended up writing a false "confession" that he was still married to his ex. His divorce papers were sitting there, but he felt the only way he could escape was writing what they dictated. He actually went blank. Whenever we talk about it, he gets sick to his stomach. There is no recording of these interviews, so you have no witnesses to this conduct. When we appealed, they said too bad. We did file a formal complaint, but they don't care. My husband is a kind, gentle guy who never even raises his voice. So tell your husband to be careful and DO NOT write down anything they tell you to say. If they try to make him write what they dictate, tell him to refuse. Don't let them intimidate him and stick to what you know is the truth. Our friends had their papers thrown in the husband's face while they called him a liar.  I've had several other couples contact me privately with similar stories of harassment and terrorizing. At this embassy, they are experts at harassment and they break all of the rules of USCIS conduct for interviews, but nothing is done about it. If we had it to do over, he would have taken a lawyer with him. My husband's health has not been the same since. We have been together 9 years, had to restart the entire process. We have been married 4.5 years. His interview, if we get one,  will be in Abu Dhabi this time. We had hoped for Germany, but he is still waiting for his German work visa (for 7 months). He is a customer service manager at the Marriott, so he is a professional educated guy. But it doesn't matter....BTW, I just turned 69, so time is running out for us sadly.

Edited by Love To Teach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Given the circumstances and Islamabad being a very difficult embassy to go through, I would not be to surprised if they asked questions about the prior marriages.

Best thing is for him to know the details of them and answer honestly.

Do you have any red flags?

 

Best wishes!

No, I don’t have any red flags. My ex was an oppressive person which I figured out after marriage due to which we got divorced. My husband is a very nice person and he had same compatibility issues with his ex-wives . He already works for US embassy , but in a different department. Does this give him an edge in immigration process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

My husband's interview started out normally, which lulled my husband into thinking they were going to be nice to him. Then he was taken to a small room where they screamed, yelled and intimated him. They use Pakistani men to do their dirty work of intimidating and terrorizing people. They made fun of him because I have been divorced 4 times, called him a liar, asked who we paid for our papers. They told him he would never set foot in the USA.  He was so upset he ended up writing a false "confession" that he was still married to his ex. His divorce papers were sitting there, but he felt the only way he could escape was writing what they dictated. He actually went blank. Whenever we talk about it, he gets sick to his stomach. There is no recording of these interviews, so you have no witnesses to this conduct. When we appealed, they said too bad. We did file a formal complaint, but they don't care. My husband is a kind, gentle guy who never even raises his voice. So tell your husband to be careful and DO NOT write down anything they tell you to say. If they try to make him write what they dictate, tell him to refuse. Don't let them intimidate him and stick to what you know is the truth. Our friends had their papers thrown in the husband's face while they called him a liar.  I've had several other couples contact me privately with similar stories of harassment and terrorizing. At this embassy, they are experts at harassment and they break all of the rules of USCIS conduct for interviews, but nothing is done about it. If we had it to do over, he would have taken a lawyer with him. My husband's health has not been the same since. We have been together 9 years, had to restart the entire process. We have been married 4.5 years. His interview, if we get one,  will be in Abu Dhabi this time. We had hoped for Germany, but he is still waiting for his German work visa (for 7 months). He is a customer service manager at the Marriott, so he is a professional educated guy. But it doesn't matter....BTW, I just turned 69, so time is running out for us sadly.

Hmmm. So sad to hear that. Did you sponsor your ex husbands ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fjaved said:

No, I don’t have any red flags. My ex was an oppressive person which I figured out after marriage due to which we got divorced. My husband is a very nice person and he had same compatibility issues with his ex-wives . He already works for US embassy , but in a different department. Does this give him an edge in immigration process?

In theory, no, as they are supposed to look only at the merits of the case.

In practice, who knows...it's pretty much impossible to be completely objective if you know the person. I don't think it will hurt him, though.


Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

One of them. He ended up being abusive, so we were only together (long) 2 years. Now he's in jail for the abuse of his Moroccan wife that he brought here.

 

So what happened to other 2 , you never tried sponsoring them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OMG, I can't believe you said that...lol. I am 69, was married the first time at 18. First two I was very young. The third lasted 23 years. He got "bored." The fourth was the Moroccan who was abusive. I took a long time investigating the current one and really had no plans to ever get married again. But that's the only way we can be together. So we have known each other 9.5 years now. I think I know him pretty well after daily talks and 12 visits. Anyway, the Islamabad embassy likes to use divorce to accuse people of being liars, etc. They often accuse people of paying for papers because of the huge amount of corruption there. I could tell you some stories, but you wouldn't believe it. So they went after him for daring to marry someone with 4 divorces. I'm not ashamed of it. What bugs me is that they judge our relationship on their beliefs. They kept screaming at my husband that he was still married to his first wife when he had the divorce papers right there. He was so traumatized that he forgot to tell them to look at the papers. He just kept saying he was divorced. They screamed Islamic prayers at him and told him he was a bad Muslim. They really have their act down pat. They actually had the false confession papers ready and laying on the table to tell him what to write. If you think I'm making this up, that's your privilege, although I don't know why anybody would make up this horrible situation. We know the truth and so does God. AND we will never give up. I can't move to be with him because my brother has MD and I have to be here to help him. I have an old dog who can't travel, own my own home, and need to keep working because I have to prove we can get my husband insurance (until he gets a job). I have several health issues that need monitoring.  He is in management at the Marriott, so he's not an idiot. He is in his 50's, well-spoken, educated,  and well-traveled. It's just sad that some old coot can decide how your life is going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Random12h said:

No, I don’t have any red flags. My ex was an oppressive person which I figured out after marriage due to which we got divorced. My husband is a very nice person and he had same compatibility issues with his ex-wives . He already works for US embassy , but in a different department. Does this give him an edge in immigration process?

It may help him with the  background checks.  Pakistani males tend to go through months to years of background checks. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP you can also look through general consulate reviews for Islamabad here on vj, obviously they will not all be the same situation as you but might help anyway.

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Pakistan&cty=&dfilter=5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, portorusa said:

I wish the moderator ban you for your behavior. Not only you being overly nosy over someone else’s story (not OP’s) but you portray yourself as a nasty person. Shame on you🤮

Thank you for speaking up. I just don't understand why some people are so rude when you are just addressing their questions, and then call you a liar when you tell the truth. It makes me so sad. It seems too many people on this site are just plain rude for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Thank you for speaking up. I just don't understand why some people are so rude when you are just addressing their questions, and then call you a liar when you tell the truth. It makes me so sad. It seems too many people on this site are just plain rude for no reason.

I am so sorry you guys are still waiting on the visa! I remember reading your story a long time ago, I was hoping it was resolved by now. :( 

 

In the future remember it is not necessary to respond to nasty comments. Just hit the report button on the post and let the mods deal with it. It is ironic though for someone to post they have concerns about it possibly being a tough interview and then when a response is detailing a tough interview they dismiss it as not being applicable? And then to ask you a question and complain you answered it with a lengthy response?  Leave it for the mods to deal with... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what people here are trying to tell you and has been lost in the "free for all" is that the embassy is extremely difficult and more so when the Pakistan person is divorced / muslim marriages that go thru a divorce are not "always" recognized unless the divorce is done thru the Islamic laws 

"loves to teach"  has gone thru quite an ordeal and when she speaks of the abusive Moroccan husband ,  she is saying it lightly as we have become acquainted and her story is sad but i can't say it as that is her story

but to say a person with a MS degree may have done a text divorce is not helping the OP

 

we should all just try to help the person who posts and not judge others who may or may not have good ideas 

but she is going thru the same embassy and the CO there questioned the validity of the Pakistan divorce (even though the exwife wrote to say it was real) so listen and if it helps ,  use the information to guide you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternatively, if you get offended and say you’re going to leave a thread, then..leave it. Don’t keep coming back to get upset.


i personally didn’t see OP break any ToS to get banned, but yes agree plenty of rude people here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it’s expressed within ToS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...