JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

I just want to share my experience about my naturalization timelines:

Mid July: E-Application submitted

Mid August: reuse my biometric 

Mid September: got scheduled for interview

October 26th: passed interview and oath taken same day.

Edited by Lifelover

2 hours ago, jivp said:

So the second tier officer from tech support then is able to “push” or advance the biometrics notice, hopefully?  

That phrase doesn't take you to technical support, it goes to a regular USCIS officer and he or she will be able to make a request about biometrics.

Unfortunately mine came back saying that there is a "delay due to  required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision and or schedule you until we receive the results of these security checks."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Magic Word is "technical support" and then "Technical Problem"

First i was disconnected but i called right back and No hold time. Spoke to them and they sent a request to field office. Gave me reference number and said i should hear something from them in 15 to 30 days. 

Call now before they figure out we figured out how to contact them and they change it :)

The Magic word worked for me too. There was no delay... as soon as I said the phrase I got connected to a human costumer service.

After verifying my identity and checked that Its been more than 90 days since my local office has reopened and still no Biometrics appointment,  they put in a request for my local office to reply in 30 days and gave me the tracking #. When they finished, I asked to speak to a Tier 2 agent, the costumer service explained that they will have to delete the request and put another one for me to be contacted by a Tier 2 agent within 7 days !! Because USCIS changed the process which allowed costumers to be connected to a Tier 2 agent on the spot by simply requesting.  Also, she said that the Tier 2 agent will basically do the same thing which is entering a request to my local office.

I guess i messed up...we'll see what happens.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, HariSeldon said:

Magic phrase is 'technical support'

Took me some time of trial and error to figure it out

It worked and no time agent was there, less than a minute. But they stopped transferring to tier 2 agents under new policies. We will just have to wait. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Journey so far:

Applied for N400 online on July 10th.

Received 10 years Green card from I751 on Aug 24th (filed ROC June 2019).

Biometric reuse letter on Sept 4th (last biometrics taken in Nov 2019 for ROC).

Interview scheduled on July 23rd for Dec 10th.

Before I got my interview scheduled, I called uscis on Monday 19th October and the officer told me that my case is in line for interview and waiting for an interview date. She mentioned that it was previously scheduled and canceled but it's now in line. So I should wait.

I waited till Thursday 22nd Oct and called back. I explained to the officer that I called earlier in the week and was told my interview was scheduled and canceled and none of it was updated on my case status so I would like to speak with Tier 2 officer. She told me I'll have to wait for a call back within 7 days. I asked her to schedule and then she asked me to wait that she'll transfer me. After putting me on hold for like a minute, she said hello and when I responded, she cut off the call.

I immediately called back and got another agent, told her my call got disconnected and explained what I told the previous officer that disconnected. She put me in line for a call back from a Tier 2 officer. 

Surprisingly, my case was updated the next day to interview scheduled. 

A Tier 2 officer actually called me back yesterday 30th Oct. and I told her my case has been updated. 

Preparing for interview. From Austin Texas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
9 hours ago, Newfiler said:

I just got an update on my application, they just scheduled my interview last Friday. It is schedule for December 16th. 

Congratulations 👏. Update our little spreadsheet..

To July fillers...I can confirm the magic word works. Called today for someone and said "technical support." I was able to talk to someone after 15 minutes of being on hold. 

I didn't call for my case since I already sent a direct email from my inbox. Per another user, that is pretty much what the Tier 2 officer was gonna do. Or I'm wrong? 

Hopefully,  they reply to my inbox. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill timeline, People

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.