JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ioxtremod said:

Anyone tried to call them with some success? Mine is also stuck in the "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time." limbo with not even the biometrics done.

My question as well. I felt like I'd wait until day 90 but that is for rescheduling not for new appointments.

I've been on the phone thrice and emailed them twice with the same responses. Do we just keep on calling until we can convince to get in touch with a tier 2 officer?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, QueenofSwords said:

My question as well. I felt like I'd wait until day 90 but that is for rescheduling not for new appointments.

I've been on the phone thrice and emailed them twice with the same responses. Do we just keep on calling until we can convince to get in touch with a tier 2 officer?

I repeat they MUST put you through no matter what..

They can say 'Miss.. you must wait 90 days and there's NOTHING that can be done''

Whether it's 40, 90 , 120, 300 days.. just politely listen to everything the first officer says and then say ''I WANT TO SPEAK TO A TIER 2 OFFICER PLEASE PUT ME THROUGH''

The first officer basically has the outline of your case on file with zero authority to do anything

5 minutes ago, britontherun said:

I repeat they MUST put you through no matter what..

They can say 'Miss.. you must wait 90 days and there's NOTHING that can be done''

Whether it's 40, 90 , 120, 300 days.. just politely listen to everything the first officer says and then say ''I WANT TO SPEAK TO A TIER 2 OFFICER PLEASE PUT ME THROUGH''

The first officer basically has the outline of your case on file with zero authority to do anything

Thank you. They will say nothing can be done no matter what the day count is. One of the officers spoke to claimed that even before covid19 he saw people wait for 2-3 years for biometrics which was a flat out lie-it's off script and maybe there was an odd case like that out there but he was trying to deflect responsibility. 

I can keep on asking for a tier 2 and they can come up with all sorts of excuses like there's no tier 2 available etc. I can keep on calling back and waiting for hours until s/o finally puts me through to a tier 2 officer. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

how in the earth do you folks get hold of speaking with live agent. I called 800-375-5283 and i couldn't get past the automated message trying to help (which was of no help).

image.png.abad20cca0137edb46c860870f658e7a.pngI cal

On 10/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, Gorkhali said:

how in the earth do you folks get hold of speaking with live agent. I called 800-375-5283 and i couldn't get past the automated message trying to help (which was of no help).

It looks like USCIS went into hiding recently, a month ago it was possible to talk to an officer, but doesn't look like its the case anymore. I tried to call many times, but live agent seems impossible to reach, automated system hangs up on you after 3 attempts.

I strongly encourage everyone who thinks that a multi year wait for adjudicating a government application is not reasonable to contact their congressional representatives and voice your concerns 

Edited by HariSeldon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
20 hours ago, jivp said:

It seems that most folks who have received biometrics notifications are from "red" states (FL, OH, TX). Is it politics or simply that 'blue" states (NY, CA) shutdowns affected USCIS more? 

I am in Texas and have not even git Biometrics yet. I filed July 1st, 2020

On 10/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, Gorkhali said:

Maybe @britontherun can tell us what is the magic USCIS number that some of us can call. However, if we do call, kindly come back and update us on what transpired. Do not be like some people who will go MIA if they get positive news and only come to update with negative. Whether negative or positive, we should all update.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Saw a few August filets have interview already lined up, even some in Texas. Funny. We July filers may be under some curse

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Timona said:

I am in Texas and have not even git Biometrics yet. I filed July 1st, 2020

Maybe @britontherun can tell us what is the magic USCIS number that some of us can call. However, if we do call, kindly come back and update us on what transpired. Do not be like some people who will go MIA if they get positive news and only come to update with negative. Whether negative or positive, we should all update.

Using the same number as you... I don't have a problem getting through... I think at the automated message stage I just pressed "0" - just call during nomral business hours...

Unless something has changed in the last month (I doubt)

Timeline

Biometrics done today - took 5 mins

Just a picture and fingerprints

... the field office (Tampa) was practically wrapped up in bubble wrap to protect against Covid19...

Fingers crossed for an interview notice soon....

53 minutes ago, britontherun said:

Biometrics done today - took 5 mins

Just a picture and fingerprints

... the field office (Tampa) was practically wrapped up in bubble wrap to protect against Covid19...

Fingers crossed for an interview notice soon....

Its crazy. If you go to a Florida DMV, the crowd is the same as pre covid. Not sure why they cant do the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.