Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

467 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, K&D2020 said:

Where can I find the status of the cuidad Juárez embassy so I can follow it for updates on opening k1 interviews back up?

First you open a new browser tab. Then you type in your search bar "US embassy Juarez" then wait for the answer to your question. Simple. I know, sometimes it gets hard to do all the lifting. I have those times to. :thumbs:

I know I have asked this of you before but could you update your profile so we can give you accurate information. That too is not hard and helps with the conversation.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Called right at 7am this morning, somebody answered right away and told me my case and invoice number. I am a little confused as my case number has MOS as the first three letters which seems like Moscow (even though my fiance is from Georgia). Maybe that is normal for any applicant in the region?

So NVC received my case July 16 and assigned a number July 20. Hopefully it was able to make it on the July 21 shipment

1 hour ago, ML4279 said:

Called right at 7am this morning, somebody answered right away and told me my case and invoice number. I am a little confused as my case number has MOS as the first three letters which seems like Moscow (even though my fiance is from Georgia). Maybe that is normal for any applicant in the region?

So NVC received my case July 16 and assigned a number July 20. Hopefully it was able to make it on the July 21 shipment

You need to contact NVC and explain that you are needing to process in Georgia. Don't know the reason for your individual mix-up but to correct it call NVC back and asked that it be transferred to Georgia.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ML4279 said:

MOS is definitely Moscow.

Was your fiance(e) living in Russia when you filed? NVC often assigns petitions to the embassy/consulate that covers immigrant/immigrant intent visas for their current residence, regardless of their citizenship or the embassy/consulate you request on the form.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
11 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

MOS is definitely Moscow.

Was your fiance(e) living in Russia when you filed? NVC often assigns petitions to the embassy/consulate that covers immigrant/immigrant intent visas for their current residence, regardless of their citizenship or the embassy/consulate you request on the form.

Yes, she just finished graduate work in St. Petersburg and was living in Russia when we filed. But she is a Georgian citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ML4279 said:

Yes, she just finished graduate work in St. Petersburg and was living in Russia when we filed. But she is a Georgian citizen.

It's very common for cases to be assigned to the beneficiary's country of residence, regardless of citizenship (if she was still in Russia, she could interview in Moscow, though given the sometimes erratic nature of interview availability in Moscow*, it's generally advised that if you can interview elsewhere, you probably should).

What you want to do is request that NVC send the petition to the embassy or consulate in Georgia that handles immigrant and immigrant intent visas.

This may not work, but you probably have a better chance of "catching" your case there than you would in normal times because they're generally not sending cases on to embassies/consulates right now.

If you do get notification that your case has been sent to Moscow, you'll need to request a transfer (not sure what the process is; I don't know off the top of your head if you contact the Georgian embassy and they request it from Moscow, or you contact Moscow directly).

* It's been better in the last year and a half or so, but when our case was sent to Moscow just before New Year's in 2019 they were still forming WhatsApp groups to monitor interview availability 24/7.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

It's very common for cases to be assigned to the beneficiary's country of residence, regardless of citizenship (if she was still in Russia, she could interview in Moscow, though given the sometimes erratic nature of interview availability in Moscow*, it's generally advised that if you can interview elsewhere, you probably should).

What you want to do is request that NVC send the petition to the embassy or consulate in Georgia that handles immigrant and immigrant intent visas.

This may not work, but you probably have a better chance of "catching" your case there than you would in normal times because they're generally not sending cases on to embassies/consulates right now.

If you do get notification that your case has been sent to Moscow, you'll need to request a transfer (not sure what the process is; I don't know off the top of your head if you contact the Georgian embassy and they request it from Moscow, or you contact Moscow directly).

* It's been better in the last year and a half or so, but when our case was sent to Moscow just before New Year's in 2019 they were still forming WhatsApp groups to monitor interview availability 24/7.

Thank you (and thank you @Greenbaum). We contacted the NVC over the phone and they told us to send a request with a copy of her passport photo over the general inquiry page. They said because no cases are being shipped to Russia at this time it's likely they can make the change prior to the case being shipped. I hope this is true. I also sent an email to the expeditenvc email address with the same information.

Thank you both very much for flagging. I sincerely hope this does not cause further delays.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just an FYI. Our NOA2 is 6/11. I called NVC last week and they gave me our case number. Without asking I was told that our case was approved and would ship to the embassy once they reopen. We are waiting now like many others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I called the NVC since it’s almost been 4 weeks since our NOA 2 (June 25th) but they still haven’t gotten our case yet. I kind of expected it but I still wanted to check anyway! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, theonewiththepoof said:

I called the NVC since it’s almost been 4 weeks since our NOA 2 (June 25th) but they still haven’t gotten our case yet. I kind of expected it but I still wanted to check anyway! 

We have the same NOA2 @ June25th. I was thinking of emailing them instead of calling for my case number  probabaly end of this month. Keep in touch pls in case you get your number and i will inform you too. By the way my embassy is in the Philippines

1 hour ago, Pacia said:

We have the same NOA2 @ June25th. I was thinking of emailing them instead of calling for my case number  probabaly end of this month. Keep in touch pls in case you get your number and i will inform you too. By the way my embassy is in the Philippines

Emailing will not get your case number. Either you wait till it ships to your embassy which then triggers NVC to send you snail mail with your number or you call. Instructions are in the PDF. (psssst that's why the PDF was created; to help your case move faster and without hiccups). Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

They don't have mine either. NOA2 was June 20.

Thirty days from USCIS to NVC then another two weeks to assign the case number. Looks like your date is going to be around first/second week of Aug. Someone paid me a compliment earlier this week that my calculations were spot on. I can't make this stuff up. Good luck and stay engaged. 

@theonewiththepoof see my answer above.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just asked my fianceé about our case number from the nvc, still yet to receive it, got our NOA2 on the 10th/June/2020. 

Shouldn't be to much longer should it?
Also can I actually contact the NVC even though I'm the beneficiary?
(I know this answer has been asked and answered before but too I'm lazy to search haha) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.