Noah McDermott

RFE wants info on online meeting.

25 posts in this topic

I recieved an RFE in the mail today which required two things.  First of all, some blank entries needed to be changed to N/A.

The more important (and worrying) part was as follows:

"Submit information regarding the circumstance which you and the beneficiary initially met to establish the relationship.  For example, did you initially meet through friends, family, school, etc.?  Did you know her before you came to the United States, if applicable?  Did you meet the beneficiary upon her visit to the United States, if applicable?  If you met online, submit the name of the website in which you met"

We met on a site called interpals.com, an international pen pals site, and we deleted our profiles long ago due to creeps.  She has never been to the US and I never came to the US so the first two things do not apply to us, but the last one definitely does.  Looking back, my i-129f has little to no info on how we actually met to begin the relationship.  Is it okay to just describe the circumstances in detail but with no pictures or screenshots?    I may be able to find screenshots if I look carefully but it's definitely a maybe.

Thank you guys so much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Noah McDermott said:

You got the same RFE?  And you got approved?  Nice!

I didn't get an RFE, I simply prepared my original submission properly 

YMMV

1 hour ago, Noah McDermott said:

I recieved an RFE in the mail today which required two things.  First of all, some blank entries needed to be changed to N/A.

The more important (and worrying) part was as follows:

"Submit information regarding the circumstance which you and the beneficiary initially met to establish the relationship.  For example, did you initially meet through friends, family, school, etc.?  Did you know her before you came to the United States, if applicable?  Did you meet the beneficiary upon her visit to the United States, if applicable?  If you met online, submit the name of the website in which you met"

We met on a site called interpals.com, an international pen pals site, and we deleted our profiles long ago due to creeps.  She has never been to the US and I never came to the US so the first two things do not apply to us, but the last one definitely does.  Looking back, my i-129f has little to no info on how we actually met to begin the relationship.  Is it okay to just describe the circumstances in detail but with no pictures or screenshots?    I may be able to find screenshots if I look carefully but it's definitely a maybe.

Thank you guys so much

You have met in person, right?

Just reply with your statement on how you met. Since you will reference the interpals.com website USCIS will ask for the TOS (terms of service) as USCIS wants to be sure it's not a pay for meeting or marriage arrangement site. Go to interpals.com website and download a copy of the TOS and include it in your "how we met" reply. Keep this simple as it is not required to send pages and pages of data.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Noah McDermott said:

Yes, but they didn't ask about that.  We sent many pictures of our in-person meetings so I guess that was sufficient for them

Pictures don't do it.  You must have submitted other evidence 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

There you go...  

Do you think anything else is needed in the RFE?

4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Just reply with your statement on how you met. Since you will reference the interpals.com website USCIS will ask for the TOS (terms of service) as USCIS wants to be sure it's not a pay for meeting or marriage arrangement site. Go to interpals.com website and download a copy of the TOS and include it in your "how we met" reply. Keep this simple as it is not required to send pages and pages of data.

Great idea!  I'll make sure to do that!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Noah McDermott said:

Do you think anything else is needed in the RFE?

Great idea!  I'll make sure to do that!

What did you write in Part 2, Item 54?

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What did you write in Part 2, Item 54?

We both flew to the Dominican Republic and stayed at the Westin Punta Cana.  I flew in on 8/10/18, and she flew in on 8/11/18 and we stayed until 8/17/18.  A year later, we both met at St. Kitts and Nevis from 8/6/19 to 8/12/19.  Most recently, I flew to Russia to meet Snezhana in several places and stayed there from  12/29/19 to 1/10/20.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

got the same request

and we had met on amour.com after meeting in Morocco and then meeting in the airport in France and discovering we both wanted to date

I provided proof of all this

they actually want verification of the meeting online / they have proof of the meeting in person as you have given it

we had also deleted our profiles when we decided to go further in the relationship

I was on interpals for penpails from all over the world as i was studying 2 languages and also wanted to travel and learn about other countries

with interpals if you know your profile ID or email ID, you can reinstate the profile long enough to get copy of the first message(s) between the 2 of you

if you have forgotten the password, there is a link to send temp one to your email to restore the page

interpals actually just freezes the profile so no one can access it but you (in case you want to refresh it)

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Noah McDermott said:

We both flew to the Dominican Republic and stayed at the Westin Punta Cana.  I flew in on 8/10/18, and she flew in on 8/11/18 and we stayed until 8/17/18.  A year later, we both met at St. Kitts and Nevis from 8/6/19 to 8/12/19.  Most recently, I flew to Russia to meet Snezhana in several places and stayed there from  12/29/19 to 1/10/20.

One additional strategic sentence and all this could have been avoided 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.