FD21

Does Anyone Have an Interview at the Embassy in June or July?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
15 hours ago, FD21 said:

@wifidolly which embassy are you processing thru? thank you for your reply too :) 

Senegal. But unfortunately, they cancelled my appointment today as well. I was able to schedule AGAIN lol for July.

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

9 hours ago, stech786 said:

Where do you schedule your own interview? I know K1 has options to do that, is this same for CR-1 if there interview was cancelled?

https://ais.usvisa-info.com

thats where I did it

11 hours ago, HRQX said:

There was a routine CR-1 issued on April 29 in Taiwan:

Okay, that's all great.  But I never said anything about this.  Maybe you both quoted the wrong person?

All I said in this thread the thread starter was looking for general information on any embassy worldwide, not a specific embassy.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:36 PM, Mask said:

I rescheduled mine for June 9th in London which was cancelled once again today. 

My husband’s interview was cancelled for June 10th and we’ve rescheduled for Aug 5th.. do you think they’ll even be open by then? His medical will have expired by Aug 28th so he has to enter the US by that date, unless they have some waiver in place I am unaware of. 

17 minutes ago, smith916 said:

My husband’s interview was cancelled for June 10th and we’ve rescheduled for Aug 5th.. do you think they’ll even be open by then? His medical will have expired by Aug 28th so he has to enter the US by that date, unless they have some waiver in place I am unaware of.

Ditto. I don't see why they aren't opening now even. I've called them up many times and somebody always answers the phone. There are some people working there. How long are medicals valid for? 

3 minutes ago, Mask said:

Ditto. I don't see why they aren't opening now even. I've called them up many times and somebody always answers the phone. There are some people working there. How long are medicals valid for? 

6 months.  When his interview for March 20th was cancelled, he called to ask about this time frame and they told him due to the 6 month time limit, he had grounds to expedite.. so hoping that when he calls tomorrow he can use this. 
I don’t understand why they even provided us with a new calendar to reschedule if they were just going to cancel again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, FD21 said:

I am inquiring about any of the embassies in general, because once one opens I am guessing more will follow suit. I do realize its an embassy-specific thing. 

However, this is what you said.

Taiwan is open for issing visas and no other IV unit is yet following suit.  Consulate reopenings are dependent on many factors including the local situation.   What is good in one country has no bearing on any other.  They will open independently without regard to any other 

YMMV

9 minutes ago, smith916 said:

6 months.  When his interview for March 20th was cancelled, he called to ask about this time frame and they told him due to the 6 month time limit, he had grounds to expedite.. so hoping that when he calls tomorrow he can use this. 
I don’t understand why they even provided us with a new calendar to reschedule if they were just going to cancel again.

I've been hanging off a half broken branch for three months too because that's when I was approved. Three appointments cancelled. I really hope they do something before August because that's a lifetime away. Hopefully they'll allow your husband to travel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/14/2020 at 11:44 PM, FD21 said:

I've heard of some people still having a June or July interview for the spousal IR/CR-1. Anyone out there? 

Also heard of some reschedules from March rescheduled to September. 

Im speculating here but ive been wondering as processing continues and the backlog grows and the interviews are halted at what point does immigration have to push interviews through or as some reports have said "waive lower risk interviews"? 

Again speculative. 

10 minutes ago, Mask said:

I've been hanging off a half broken branch for three months too because that's when I was approved. Three appointments cancelled. I really hope they do something before August because that's a lifetime away. Hopefully they'll allow your husband to travel

Debating whether or not it’s worth going back to London to wait this out with him... we’ve been in this process for 2 years now and every step has had multiple ‘postponements’  regardless of covid. 
If they continue to cancel I’m seriously considering applying for my spousal visa back to the UK.

1 minute ago, smith916 said:

Debating whether or not it’s worth going back to London to wait this out with him... we’ve been in this process for 2 years now and every step has had multiple ‘postponements’  regardless of covid. 
If they continue to cancel I’m seriously considering applying for my spousal visa back to the UK.

We're thinking on the same lines. It's not worth wasting life without each other over. The flights from US to UK seem a little hazy at the moment being so long and expensive. Have you been a citizen for the two years? 

7 minutes ago, Mask said:

We're thinking on the same lines. It's not worth wasting life without each other over. The flights from US to UK seem a little hazy at the moment being so long and expensive. Have you been a citizen for the two years? 

Yes, I am a US Citizen. My husband is a British Citizen. I lived in London for 2 years and we decided to move back to US.. thought this would only take 6-9 months as thats what we were told by USCIS when we applied for I-130... lol just feels like the world is against you 

6 minutes ago, smith916 said:

Yes, I am a US Citizen. My husband is a British Citizen. I lived in London for 2 years and we decided to move back to US.. thought this would only take 6-9 months as thats what we were told by USCIS when we applied for I-130... lol just feels like the world is against you 

Would you be applying for a long term visa, as your passport allows you to stay for 6 months I think?

6-9 months.. being a citizen I would've thought so. Sorry it's been such a hassle =\ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

However, this is what you said.

Taiwan is open for issing visas and no other IV unit is yet following suit.  Consulate reopenings are dependent on many factors including the local situation.   What is good in one country has no bearing on any other.  They will open independently without regard to any other 

I didn't say anything about Taiwan - I dont have a clue about them. Must have been someone else 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, FD21 said:

I didn't say anything about Taiwan - I dont have a clue about them. Must have been someone else 

Nobody has ever said you did.  Taiwan is the country that disproves your theory that if one country starts issuing visas the rest of the world will quickly follow suit

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.