Boricua1992

K1 Visa entry to the United States

39 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

my now husband got a reissue in Jamaica last year, we had to pay a new DS160, but no other medical exams, etc.  It is not a secret the areas that are part of the ban, I am pretty confident that by appealing for a new visa it should not be an issue.  That being said, I am sure there will be a fee, as nothing is free :)

Does the reissue take as long as the original issuing? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boricua1992 said:

Nobody knows,  we are in uncharted waters.   

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

We have a thread going on of those with K1 visas in Europe's Schengen area who are seriously contemplating going to another country for 14 days and then entering the USA. A K1 visa holder from Spain left today to Mexico and will be there for 14 days. She will keep us informed of her status. You may want to seriously consider this route. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Boricua1992 said:

no, it was instant at the embassy. Same as when we were approved.  We had interview, approved, and we got his visa the next day.  with reissue he got the SAME day. 

6 hours ago, RD7712 said:

A K1 visa holder from Spain left today to Mexico and will be there for 14 days. She will keep us informed of her status. You may want to seriously consider this route. 

Won't happen.  The US/Mexico and US/Canada borders are CLOSED for all but essential travel.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Won't happen.  The US/Mexico and US/Canada borders are CLOSED for all but essential travel.

Land borders*. Air travel is not restricted. Please stop spreading misinformation. I’m the one traveling to Mexico. Currently on the plane. They let me check-in and board of course. I contacted both Mexican and US embassies to ask about the borders. Even contacted DOS and DHS.

4 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Land borders*. Air travel is not restricted. Please stop spreading misinformation. I’m the one traveling to Mexico. Currently on the plane. They let me check-in and board of course. I contacted both Mexican and US embassies to ask about the borders. Even contacted DOS and DHS.

Well in that case, let us know if CBP lets you in.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Well in that case, let us know if CBP lets you in.

Of course! I also contacted Philadelphia’s airport CBP (my POE) and told them about my case. They said there shouldn’t be a problem entering. Of course, it all depends on whoever I have to deal with the day I travel. Traveling with my fiancé (we’re meeting in Mexico) hopefully helps. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Of course! I also contacted Philadelphia’s airport CBP (my POE) and told them about my case. They said there shouldn’t be a problem entering. Of course, it all depends on whoever I have to deal with the day I travel. Traveling with my fiancé (we’re meeting in Mexico) hopefully helps. 

You are either eligible to enter or not.  Traveling with your fiance doesn't change that.   Looks like you have covered all your bases.

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You are either eligible to enter or not.  Traveling with your fiance doesn't change that.   Looks like you have covered all your bases.

It doesn’t change but it would help. Maybe not specifically in my case but I know it has helped in others. It helps when it comes to not getting asked as many questions. I’ve seen this happen to others from China that had to travel to a third country when the travel ban was imposed back in February.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

It doesn’t change but it would help. Maybe not specifically in my case but I know it has helped in others. It helps when it comes to not getting asked as many questions. I’ve seen this happen to others from China that had to travel to a third country when the travel ban was imposed back in February.

A k1 entry is not remotely an interview of any kind nor is it anything like inquiries that might be asked in a b1 or esta entry.

YMMV

On 5/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, Ela S. said:

Hi Ela.  Did your fiance have any trouble traveling from the U.S. to Mexico to meet you down there?  I've seen people mention that entry by flight between USA and MEX isn't restricted, but there's lots of conflicting information.  Am considering having my fiancee come from Europe to USA via two-week stay in MEX, but I'm not sure she or I would want her to spend the two weeks in MEX by herself.  Would be good if I could join her.

Thanks for all the information you've been providing!

Timeline
2 hours ago, devonydan said:

Hi Ela.  Did your fiance have any trouble traveling from the U.S. to Mexico to meet you down there?  I've seen people mention that entry by flight between USA and MEX isn't restricted, but there's lots of conflicting information.  Am considering having my fiancee come from Europe to USA via two-week stay in MEX, but I'm not sure she or I would want her to spend the two weeks in MEX by herself.  Would be good if I could join her.

Thanks for all the information you've been providing!

Hi! Well he hasn’t come here yet. He’s only coming for 2 nights on May 18th. He contacted the DOS, DHS and the US embassy in Ciudad Juarez and they all said he shouldn’t have a problem entering Mexico by air. Of course, it will all depend on immigration here in Mexico. I had to go through a secondary check and a 2 hour wait before I was even let into the country. I suppose he will go through something similar since all foreigners pretty much have to go through a secondary check if the purpose of the trip is “tourism”.

21 hours ago, Ela S. said:

Hi! Well he hasn’t come here yet. He’s only coming for 2 nights on May 18th. He contacted the DOS, DHS and the US embassy in Ciudad Juarez and they all said he shouldn’t have a problem entering Mexico by air. Of course, it will all depend on immigration here in Mexico. I had to go through a secondary check and a 2 hour wait before I was even let into the country. I suppose he will go through something similar since all foreigners pretty much have to go through a secondary check if the purpose of the trip is “tourism”.

Okay, that's good to know.  Sounds like he shouldn't have any issues meeting you.

Thanks for responding, Ela!  All the information you've shared on the forum is very helpful.  Good luck with the rest of your Mexican "vacation" and entry into the U.S.!  I hope you can provide us all with an update once your fiance has joined you and you've crossed into the U.S.  Safe travels!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, Boricua1992 said:

Hi all, 

Need some urgent help. My fiancee had her K1 Visa approved in February and it is due to expire May 26, 2020. 

She is in Madrid and from what I have read, she will be allowed into the country. My only concern is that she is 

in Madrid and thus in the Schengen Area - part of the travel ban. Does anyone know if she can enter the US with 

the K1 Visa? Very worried about the expiration, especially since we waited so long to get it approved

Thank you 

I am confused.  I thought the K1 visa expires in 6 months after you had your medical exam. Why is it expiring so soon?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.