N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, magentahaze said:
Hey all.  Just checking in with my progress, or lack thereof. *grumble*
Applied online under 5yr rule: May 6th 2020
Bio reuse notice: Jan 20 2021
No updates since receiving bio reuse. I'm thinking it might be time for a case inquiry.
When I do log in I get the "Things are taking longer than expected. You do not need to do anything at this time" message on my case.
It's frustrating as people who have this year are already finished and I'm here waiting over a year for any movement. *sigh* 😕
I know COVID is still affecting things, but jeez.
*Apologies for the mild rant*

I am right there with you; 

My case progress time has gone down to 4 months (of course these aren't always reliable).   Other than talking to the IO when I had to get the stamp and him telling me I am in line for an interview letter. 

Also applied online under 5yr with a name change (reverting back to my maiden name). Got the Bio reuse on the same day Jan 20, 2021. 

I see people who filed in January getting their interviews and am like WTHeck?   HA!  

Oh well...me ranting as well.  It has to be coming to an end soon though. Fingers crossed. 

My husband submitted the change of address form and he got notice that they received the change of address, but we just got the biometrics date, and the location is for our old address🤦.

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
50 minutes ago, jordache463 said:

My husband submitted the change of address form and he got notice that they received the change of address, but we just got the biometrics date, and the location is for our old address🤦.

That's unfortunately normal when it comes to USCIS. The #1 recommendation is to NEVER move in the middle of an immigration process unless absolutely necessary, as USCIS can't handle address changes. When you call customer service they will tell you they have your new address, but other parts of USCIS don't. Their system is very flawed and some people say it's better to change your address via regular mail instead of doing it online, apparently you have better luck doing it that way. No idea if there's any truth to that. 

If you have a sponsor s/he needs to file an address change with USCIS too when moving. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, jordache463 said:

How soon after moving did you guys updated your address with USCIS?

I moved states about 4 months after filing my N400. While the online form for address change went through, I still saw the old address in my USCIS account so after a month I called USCIS helpline and they said it should've been updated but made a note. It updated a week or two after that.

On another note, after 13 months of waiting, I've finally received Bio appt this week. I can see people in my first state already done with their interviews. 

Moving delayed things for me as Houston is particularly backlogged I guess. I'm seeing 12 months as estimated wait time now 🤣 
It was 7 months last week and about 3 months a few weeks ago.

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

On 6/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, abfar said:

I moved states about 4 months after filing my N400. While the online form for address change went through, I still saw the old address in my USCIS account so after a month I called USCIS helpline and they said it should've been updated but made a note. It updated a week or two after that.

On another note, after 13 months of waiting, I've finally received Bio appt this week. I can see people in my first state already done with their interviews. 

Moving delayed things for me as Houston is particularly backlogged I guess. I'm seeing 12 months as estimated wait time now 🤣 

We moved 3 months after! We only filed online. We found out because we finally got the biometrics letter on Saturday!!!!! 

On 6/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, abfar said:

I told my husband to call in 😅 we will be chatting with them tomorrow I guess! It'll makes sense and I wish that we would have mailed the form in, too!!!

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 6/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, abfar said:

My estimated time is 15 months and my interview is this week 🤫

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, Keyboard Warrior said:

My estimated time is 15 months and my interview is this week 🤫

That's some wildly inaccurate estimation 😂

Congrats on being so close. What city are you being interviewed in?

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 minute ago, abfar said:

That's some wildly inaccurate estimation 😂

Congrats on being so close. What city are you being interviewed in?

Houston

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, Vickyxd said:

Today my citizenship journey officially ends. My oath ceremony was schedule today at 11am in Atlanta, GA, about a month after my interview. Good luck everyone :)

Congrats! Curious. Why did it take so long after the interview was done months ago? 

Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 6:30 PM, Vickyxd said:

Today my citizenship journey officially ends. My oath ceremony was schedule today at 11am in Atlanta, GA, about a month after my interview. Good luck everyone :)

Congrats 🎉🎉 I'm guessing they're not allowing family to participate, right? 

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
17 hours ago, abfar said:

Congrats! Curious. Why did it take so long after the interview was done months ago? 

I'm not exactly sure. Could be because there were many applications and they only allow x people at the time during the ceremony. I've read somewhere that having your name changed also can prolong your naturalization ceremony. 

41 minutes ago, elicearea said:

Congrats 🎉🎉 I'm guessing they're not allowing family to participate, right? 

They were not allowed in the room during the ceremony however if you had a family member they could wait outside and once the ceremony was over you could take a picture with your family in the courtroom. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Vickyxd said:

I'm not exactly sure. Could be because there were many applications and they only allow x people at the time during the ceremony. I've read somewhere that having your name changed also can prolong your naturalization ceremony. 

They were not allowed in the room during the ceremony however if you had a family member they could wait outside and once the ceremony was over you could take a picture with your family in the courtroom. 

Thank you, I really appreciate you answering my question 😊

12jbd086k.png

Approved 12.18.2012!! (after 13 months and 4 days)

Houston N400 

Filed: By applicant, no representation

Filed online: 5/30/2020

Basis: 5 year rule

Receipt: Email 5/30/2020

Biometrics: Re-use notice on 2/19/2021

Interview notice: 5/20/2021

Interviewed: 6/24/2021

Disposition: Approved in real time.

Oath schedule: Coming up.

Interview

Afternoon, 810 Gears Rd

Officer: Female, gracious, professional, competent, engaging & familiar with case file

Duration: 15 minutes 

Setting: Literal office

On my person: 5 years official IRS transcripts, SS registration, GC, Texas DL, 2 passports issued by foreign government of birth (1 current, 1 expired) detailing all travel

Civics questions: 

1. Who leads the executive branch?

2. What happened on September 11th?

3. When’s the last day to submit tax returns?

4. Who lived in America before Europeans arrived?

5. When’s Independence Day?

6. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

Literacy:

From the tablet in front of me:

1. Read out: Who can vote?

2. Write out: Citizens can vote.

Perused N400 - confirmatory. We were in sync. Part 12: Went very well. 
Signatures: Directed to sign twice - once each on 2 separate digital documents displayed on the tablet, one at a time. Straightforward. 
Sign off: Officer approved case, signs off manually on record of passed civics test and hands me paper, updates system. 
Account: Oath ceremony lined up, wait for notice. 

Thank you all. Be gracious today. 

Signing off,

sj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.