Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 12:32 PM, bsd058 said:

Is it just me or do Canadians get longer processing times than any others? lol. I keep seeing Canadians having to wait like a year and a half for citizenship, and I had to wait over a year for my IR-1 even though I had been married to my wife for 3 years when we filed from Canada. She moved about a year before me, because of it.

same thought. :) 13 months after N400 filing, still waiting.

Timeline

Well, tomorrow is the "approximate" day til my case decision. 

Fingers crossed I get my interview date and it's not at some ridiculous hour as it is a 3 hour drive for me across the state. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, roddie2k said:

Maybe I'm an outlier but this has to be more than your country of origin.

Honestly, I keep seeing this. I think they have it out for Canadians. lol. I'm just kidding. I can't be sure of that. But there may be a pattern. Other countries from high fraud nations seem to breeze through usually. Kuwait, I could understand, because it's the middle east. But Canada and America are neighbors. I remember when I was a kid and used to visit the US once a week to shop or go to a buffet with family and church friends, and we didn't even need a passport back then. They rarely even asked for a birth certificate but we always had it just in case. It wasn't until a few years after 9/11 that they required passports of Canadians. I grew up on the border of the US and Canada. It's just weird that they wouldn't process us more quickly, just because of the positive relationship Canada has with the US, and the proximity of the two countries.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
14 hours ago, bsd058 said:

Honestly, I keep seeing this. I think they have it out for Canadians. lol. I'm just kidding. I can't be sure of that. But there may be a pattern. Other countries from high fraud nations seem to breeze through usually. Kuwait, I could understand, because it's the middle east. But Canada and America are neighbors. I remember when I was a kid and used to visit the US once a week to shop or go to a buffet with family and church friends, and we didn't even need a passport back then. They rarely even asked for a birth certificate but we always had it just in case. It wasn't until a few years after 9/11 that they required passports of Canadians. I grew up on the border of the US and Canada. It's just weird that they wouldn't process us more quickly, just because of the positive relationship Canada has with the US, and the proximity of the two countries.

You are really right about things changing post 9-11. What I really meant was that it could be field officers slacking and using the pandemic as an excuse to chill even more. 

Timeline

And as expected: 

Estimated time* until case decision:

Things are taking longer than expected. You do not have to do anything at this time.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, magentahaze said:

And as expected: 

Estimated time* until case decision:

Things are taking longer than expected. You do not have to do anything at this time.

I'd still call them to see what they are waiting for. Just play dumb and be like, "I looked the other day and it said I should have a decision by now." You might get info out of them. You might not. Can't hurt to ask, though.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, bsd058 said:

I'd still call them to see what they are waiting for. Just play dumb and be like, "I looked the other day and it said I should have a decision by now." You might get info out of them. You might not. Can't hurt to ask, though.

I might. See if anything changes this week. 

If not, then I'll inquire next week. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well everyone, a week has passed and we're still at "Things are taking longer than expected." It was counting down the days 10 days ago, now back to waiting. *eye roll* 

Is it worth to send an e-request/inquiry asking what's going on?

The state where I reside - Iowa - has an estimated time range of 8.5 to 15 months. We're now in the 15th month.

The receipt date for a case inquiry is April 24, 2020. I applied May 6th, 2020. Does that mean I should wait?

Estimated
Edited by magentahaze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 6/4/2021 at 10:02 AM, STurcotte77 said:

I am right there with you; 

My case progress time has gone down to 4 months (of course these aren't always reliable).   Other than talking to the IO when I had to get the stamp and him telling me I am in line for an interview letter. 

Also applied online under 5yr with a name change (reverting back to my maiden name). Got the Bio reuse on the same day Jan 20, 2021. 

I see people who filed in January getting their interviews and am like WTHeck?   HA!  

Oh well...me ranting as well.  It has to be coming to an end soon though. Fingers crossed. 

Hi. Sorry to bother you...you mentioned in your post that you got a stamp. Are you taking about the I-551 stamp? My green card expires in September and still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. How do I get a stamp to extend my green card in case I need to travel before my citizenship gets approved. Thank you!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Hi. Sorry to bother you...you mentioned in your post that you got a stamp. Are you taking about the I-551 stamp? My green card expires in September and still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. How do I get a stamp to extend my green card in case I need to travel before my citizenship gets approved. Thank you!

Hey there. 

No bother at all.  According to them you have to be within the 30 day window of your GC expiring to make the appointment.  In my case by the time I was able to reach someone my GC had expired (by a day) so i got bumped to "Urgent" and was able to get an appointment almost immediately.  I am not sure if the rules are different in different cities, but I was not able to use the online appointment request. 

I actually sent a message from USCIS account and they sent me a number to call and I got an IO after a brief hold and an appointment for the I551 within two days. 

I hope this helps somewhat. 

I will be traveling abroad with it next month so can update on the experience of using the stamp. I am now at 14 months since i filed and have not had any progress on my case so far... just trying to be patient. 

Timeline
On 7/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, magentahaze said:

Well everyone, a week has passed and we're still at "Things are taking longer than expected." It was counting down the days 10 days ago, now back to waiting. *eye roll* 

Is it worth to send an e-request/inquiry asking what's going on?

The state where I reside - Iowa - has an estimated time range of 8.5 to 15 months. We're now in the 15th month.

The receipt date for a case inquiry is April 24, 2020. I applied May 6th, 2020. Does that mean I should wait?

Estimated

Hey, I would assume so. (Atlanta processing receipt date is Nov 2019).  I have sent a message every month since May 15 2021 (1 year from my filing date) and i get the same message.  " I have to wait till after the receipt date posted on local processing times"  Super frustrating. 

Hopefully we hear something soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
4 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

Hey there. 

No bother at all.  According to them you have to be within the 30 day window of your GC expiring to make the appointment.  In my case by the time I was able to reach someone my GC had expired (by a day) so i got bumped to "Urgent" and was able to get an appointment almost immediately.  I am not sure if the rules are different in different cities, but I was not able to use the online appointment request. 

I actually sent a message from USCIS account and they sent me a number to call and I got an IO after a brief hold and an appointment for the I551 within two days. 

I hope this helps somewhat. 

I will be traveling abroad with it next month so can update on the experience of using the stamp. I am now at 14 months since i filed and have not had any progress on my case so far... just trying to be patient. 

That would be great! Thank you for the quick response! :)  We have the same timeline but I'm in Chicago. Filed in May. Received bio reuse in February and nothing since. Meanwhile my friend filed last October and he is already scheduled for the interview. Not fair! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.