Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Just now, Dkell said:

Got notification about the interview scheduled but have to wait until it is uploaded in myuscis account or notice in the mail.

Date applied: 5/25/2020

Biometrics reuse notice: 10/28/2020

Interview scheduled notice: 12/14/2020

Interview Date: unknown.

Applied based on 3-yr Marriage. 10-yr GC received in early May

Local office: Detroit

Lots of positive news in here today! Congrats!

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Eternati said:

Just came back from my interview. Indianapolis field office. Very pleasant experience overall - all COVID precautions were taken, officer picked the easiest questions for the civics test, and was just a nice guy in general. 2 things worth mentioning. He said that the reason why my case moved so fast (filed early May) is because my husband is in the Army, and they prioritize military personnel and their families. I didn't know that so it was nice.
Another thing is that I probably won't hear from them regarding the Ceremony till Spring. Maybe more, he doesn't know. I filed for a name change, and these cases have to go through the court. And apparently the Court is closed for COVID, and they don't know when it reopens. So just a heads up if you're in the same boat. 

Congrats and all the best

12 minutes ago, Harold_Oakland said:

Lots of positive news in here today! Congrats!

Yep congrats 

Nebraska SC

RD 12/16/2014

NOA1 12/22/2014

FP notice 01/16/2015

FB completed 1/27/2015

Expedite Request 2/03/2015 - Denied

Expedite Request #2 : 03/02/2015

Expedite Request #2 : Assigned to officer 03/03/2015,

EAD Approved 03/10/2015

EAD/AP Card production ordered 03/10/2015

EAD Received...... waiting..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Spoke with USCIS, the interview was for the Denver office and was not going to be a combo interview, frustratingly enough. Gotta love good ole unfair treatment...

Good luck everyone, back to the long wait for us.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Had my citizenship interview today at Norfolk USCIS.

Process was pretty easy, biometrics taken, asked basic questions from form (name, dob, address, husbands name, his dob) English and Civics test straight forward, then the yes no questions from form.  He asked for any updated docs since application so gave him 2019 irs form, latest joint account, updated auto and home insurance and utility bill in both names. 

After he gave me a form saying passed test but no decision could he made due to i751 still pending. He said would try to look at i751 paperwork this week, and let me know if needs more info. Said process from here could be few weeks to 4 months.

Told him travelling in March and my greencard extension letter (from i751 application from August 2018) expires in February. So he took my passport when stamped it with an extension until May 16th, 2021.

As left bunch of people outside with their naturalisation certificates taking photos. So had they reviewed my i751 before today I would have been finished with the process, as doing same day oath.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:05 PM, vkbruh1114 said:

Congratulations! Did your status change on your my account when interview was scheduled or was the letter for interview updated on the Documents tab.

Yes

04/28/2016 - Packet reached USCIS (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/05/2016 - Checks cashed

05/06/2016 - USCIS Email/Text acceptance confirmation

05/09/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2016 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

05/27/2016 - Biometrics scheduled

07/20/2016 - Submitted Service Request for (I-765); Sent letter to congressman
07/21/2016 - EAD card is being produced
07/21/2016 - AP document is being produced
07/23/2016 - AP documnt received
07/27/2016 - EAD card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, kmh80 said:

Had my citizenship interview today at Norfolk USCIS.

Process was pretty easy, biometrics taken, asked basic questions from form (name, dob, address, husbands name, his dob) English and Civics test straight forward, then the yes no questions from form.  He asked for any updated docs since application so gave him 2019 irs form, latest joint account, updated auto and home insurance and utility bill in both names. 

After he gave me a form saying passed test but no decision could he made due to i751 still pending. He said would try to look at i751 paperwork this week, and let me know if needs more info. Said process from here could be few weeks to 4 months.

Told him travelling in March and my greencard extension letter (from i751 application from August 2018) expires in February. So he took my passport when stamped it with an extension until May 16th, 2021.

As left bunch of people outside with their naturalisation certificates taking photos. So had they reviewed my i751 before today I would have been finished with the process, as doing same day oath.

Congratulations.

I have my interview at Norfolk next month.

How long did the whole process take from the start to finish? And do you have any other relevant information/advice pertaining to the Norfolk office?

Thank You.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
34 minutes ago, leonidas_alexan said:

My appointment was at 8am, I was out by 8:40am, would have been quicker but the fingerprint terminal in office I was in wouldn't work, so officer had to log in somewhere else which probably took 10 mins, also I had to get the stamp for passport again 5-10 mins. If straight forward I would say you would be done in 30 mins. 

The only thing annoying about Norfolk is the TSA type security, these guys are kinda rude (all 3 times was there) and super slow. The letter said arrive 15 mins before appointment at 7:45 they let us in, checked our letters, then told us to go back outside as no one was at the desk to check us in 😕 Why bother even opening the door, as they re checked all paperwork once came back in.  They would never get hired at an airport, they take about 5 mins per person, luckily I was 2nd in line. Just have your letter with you, green card and passport ready as checked at Security, Checkin and by Officer. My green card is expired so they needed a non expired ID (they used my passport)

With covid, you can't bring anyone else with you, you have to wear a mask, high plastic screen between you and officer, seating is socially distant, and everything wiped down after  etc 

Know how many trips and how long out of USA, review this part of form, as he asked me questions on it, and had to count in my head before answering. 

They never asked for the documents on letter regarding marriage, previous divorce and birth cert of husband etc, but I had them with me anyhow. 

Bring any updated info from application, inc taxes, utilities, bank accounts - he never looked at these but took them for the file..

He did Civics Test first - just review the test before and it's easy (it's the 6/10 not the new one), then I had on an iPad type thing read out a sentence (Who was George Washington?) and write on the iPad with finger the answer exactly as he called out - (Washington was the first President.) After that confirmed some items on form and then the Yes/No on form, then he shows a few other things on iPad which you sign, basically confirming info and any updates to form that came up and signing Oath.

Other than that, it's quite straight forward, formal yes but not intimidating, the officer stayed professional but was friendly. 

Good luck next month, seems everyone there this morning was N400 interview and they also had an Oath ceremony. If more interviews next month, hopefully I can go back them to finish it up!

34 minutes ago, leonidas_alexan said:

Congratulations.

I have my interview at Norfolk next month.

How long did the whole process take from the start to finish? And do you have any other relevant information/advice pertaining to the Norfolk office?

Thank You.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm done!!! 😃😄

May 12 - submitted form

Nov 10 - interview notice

Sept 14 - biometric reuse notice

Dec 16 - Interview and oath

Phoenix, AZ location.

The USCIS place is like an airport, you have to take off your shoes, jacket, belt, any metal, etc. So my tip is to dress conveniently cause people will be in line looking at you. The interview itself takes around 30 minutes. Mine started with the guy checking my documents and asking me about a ticket I received, but that's about it. Then he went over the "yes" or "no" questions that were also in your N400. Next came the civics test, then the reading portion (Which state has the most people?) and lastly the writing portion (California is the state with the most people). 

After you finish you are asked to go back to the waiting room. From what I know they have an oath once every hour, but if you finish too close to the hour then you have to wait for the next one. I finished at 8:45am and was called for the 10:00am one. During the ceremony the main guy reads the oath and you say "I do". Then you give up your greencard (bye bye my precious) and you get your naturalization certificate.

Make sure your name, DOB, and everything else is correct on the certificate. If anything was wrong they would've changed it right then. But if you notice the mistake some other day you'll have to pay $550 to change it, so check!

🙂 Good luck to everyone who is still in the journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Puppy Popcorn said:

I'm done!!! 😃😄

May 12 - submitted form

Phoenix, AZ location.

The USCIS place is like an airport, you have to take off your shoes, jacket, belt, any metal, etc. So my tip is to dress conveniently cause people will be in line looking at you. The interview itself takes around 30 minutes. Mine started with the guy checking my documents and asking me about a ticket I received, but that's about it. Then he went over the "yes" or "no" questions that were also in your N400. Next came the civics test, then the reading portion (Which state has the most people?) and lastly the writing portion (California is the state with the most people). 

After you finish you are asked to go back to the waiting room. From what I know they have an oath once every hour, but if you finish too close to the hour then you have to wait for the next one. I finished at 8:45am and was called for the 10:00am one. During the ceremony the main guy reads the oath and you say "I do". Then you give up your greencard (bye bye my precious) and you get your naturalization certificate.

Make sure your name, DOB, and everything else is correct on the certificate. If anything was wrong they would've changed it right then. But if you notice the mistake some other day you'll have to pay $550 to change it, so check!

Congratulations !! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Puppy Popcorn said:

I'm done!!! 😃😄

May 12 - submitted form

Phoenix, AZ location.

Congrats .. my spouses interview for rescheduled from tomorrow to next month.. and no update on my after biometrics reuse.. we are hoping it will be together 

Nebraska SC

RD 12/16/2014

NOA1 12/22/2014

FP notice 01/16/2015

FB completed 1/27/2015

Expedite Request 2/03/2015 - Denied

Expedite Request #2 : 03/02/2015

Expedite Request #2 : Assigned to officer 03/03/2015,

EAD Approved 03/10/2015

EAD/AP Card production ordered 03/10/2015

EAD Received...... waiting..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Applied May 2020 in NY. Moved to TX a few months later while still no biometric appt. I fill the AR-11 address change form online. Several months passed by but I kept noticed my old NY address kept showing on the uscis website. called up USCIS finally and for whatever reason, they said my address was never updated (even though I have confirmation email from USCIS for my address change request).

Anyway they have now put in a request to update my file address to the new state. 

This won't speed up anything as I believe I'm still tied to the processing time of my old state. When my turn comes they will then send the file over(?) to the new state and so on.

Meanwhile, a friend from Arizona who applied May 2020 had their oath ceremony and are now officially a citizen.

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Timeline

My interview is coming up in January. For the interview do we really need to take bank statements,  etc as the list doesn't mention any of those or IRS tax transcripts should be enough. just making sure

- interview letter

- green card

- state id/license

- old new passports

- wife's birth certificate (since I filed in 3 year rule)

- marriage certificate (since I filed in 3 year rule)

- selective service registration letter

Anything else needed document wise?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, vkbruh1114 said:

My interview is coming up in January. For the interview do we really need to take bank statements,  etc as the list doesn't mention any of those or IRS tax transcripts should be enough. just making sure

- interview letter

- green card

- state id/license

- old new passports

- wife's birth certificate (since I filed in 3 year rule)

- marriage certificate (since I filed in 3 year rule)

- selective service registration letter

Anything else needed document wise?

I don't think you need to bring bank statements UNLESS you are applying for naturalization on the basis of having married a US citizen. 

I got it from here #4 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-477.pdf

I did print out my tax returns to proof that I did them and don't owe any taxes. But it never got checked or mentioned during the interview. To be fair, when filling the N-400 (part 12, #6) it asked if you had anything overdue and I answered no. 

Good luck on your interview!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Puppy Popcorn said:

I don't think you need to bring bank statements UNLESS you are applying for naturalization on the basis of having married a US citizen. 

I got it from here #4 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-477.pdf

I did print out my tax returns to proof that I did them and don't owe any taxes. But it never got checked or mentioned during the interview. To be fair, when filling the N-400 (part 12, #6) it asked if you had anything overdue and I answered no. 

Good luck on your interview!

Thank you I did get my IRS transcripts sent in by IRS. so will get some other docs to the interview as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.