1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So it's November here in Denver. Paperwork (AOS/EAD) in and accepted since May 5th with absolutely nothing since. No help or info from USCIS other than a story about how COVID is screwing up scheduling and that I should keep waiting. Still no appointment for biometrics, and according to USCIS I haven't missed any sort of notice ... it just hasn't been scheduled yet, keep waiting.

Thank goodness we're not concerned about money, but I just want to be able to get a freaking job!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So our NOA1 was for May 18th, we still have not done biometrics. Many calls to uscis that just keep telling us we can call back in a month, we have submitted inquiries that were just ignored. Rather than look into why we are being ignored they just say submit another inquiry. submitted one in September and October and still nothing.  I reached out to a local congressmen but other than that i don't know what else to do.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jessica and Tarik said:

So our NOA1 was for May 18th, we still have not done biometrics. Many calls to uscis that just keep telling us we can call back in a month, we have submitted inquiries that were just ignored. Rather than look into why we are being ignored they just say submit another inquiry. submitted one in September and October and still nothing.  I reached out to a local congressmen but other than that i don't know what else to do.

I have a similar timeline as you. I made an inquiry 3 weeks ago and nothing yet so far. At this point,I guess we just wait and hope that someone picked our files. It's gonna be okay, we'll get something positive someday soon too, hopefully!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys,

I filled back on may 2nd and got my NOA on the 12th. Since then nothing. I've called many times and each time they weren't helpful.

I've reached the time that I could file for "case outside of normal processing" back in October 21st but nothing yet as well.

On November 2nd, I was offered a job and they want me to start asap but I still haven't had any biometric appointment nor my ead card.

So I called again after getting the offer letter to try and use it to "expedite" my application. Tier 2 call back to tell me that the biometric appointment has been requested from the Austin ASC back in may but now they need approval from the NBC. What can you do for the NBC to get approve your file? These guys are literally sleeping on the job at this point!

I feel so helpless now because if it takes too long I'm going to lose the offer and I can't afford to do that after applying to so many places!

I know I'm not really asking a specific question but if any of you has been in a similar situation, feel free to share?

Timeline
On 11/3/2020 at 8:54 AM, Jessica and Tarik said:

my gosh I can't believe they're straight up ignoring the case inquiry.. What is the whole point then??

I need to look into reaching out to a congressman too but during this time you know it's going to take a while..

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi guys,

I filled back on may 2nd and got my NOA on the 12th. Since then nothing. I've called many times and each time they weren't helpful.

I've reached the time that I could file for "case outside of normal processing" back in October 21st but nothing yet as well.

On November 2nd, I was offered a job and they want me to start asap but I still haven't had any biometric appointment nor my ead card.

So I called again after getting the offer letter to try and use it to "expedite" my application. Tier 2 call back to tell me that the biometric appointment has been requested from the Austin ASC back in may but now they need approval from the NBC. What can you do for the NBC to get approve your file? These guys are literally sleeping on the job at this point!

I feel so helpless now because if it takes too long I'm going to lose the offer and I can't afford to do that after applying to so many places!

I know I'm not really asking a specific question but if any of you has been in a similar situation, feel free to share?

I’m in the same exact situation. I called multiple time and still nothing 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

I’m in the same exact situation. I called multiple time and still nothing 

Gosh that sucks! I hope you won't lose your job offer and that we can get the appointment scheduled soon!

When its been more than 30 days, I'm going to file a new inquiry but this time claiming financial hardship and present the job offer as a proof. Hopefully that helps.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

my gosh I can't believe they're straight up ignoring the case inquiry.. What is the whole point then??

I need to look into reaching out to a congressman too but during this time you know it's going to take a while..

I reached out to congressmen and this is what she got response from the USICS (Congressional Liaison ) on her case inquiry. 

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. These cases are awaiting biometrics submittal, and are currently in suspense until the applicant completes this process. The application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC. Biometrics appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the ASC. Once an appointment is scheduled, the applicant will receive the ASC Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at their local ASC. The applicant must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to the appointment.  

USCIS will automatically reschedule any necessary ASC appointments that were cancelled due to the temporary office closures now that all ASC offices have reopened, https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings. However, given the large volume of outstanding ASC appointment requests due to recent office closures, it may take some time before the applicant’s ASC appointment is scheduled. Once further action is taken, the applicant will be notified at their address of record.   

Once biometrics have been received, processing will resume on these cases.    

We hope the information provided is helpful. If we may be of assistance in the future, please let us know.  

This is so frustrating to see the same response from case inquiry and congressman ; to just wait more and more . Feels like this is the same road you hit no mater which path you take . Stories on how ASC are full that there are no slots even after 110 days from reopening😡

Edited by JACKP

Timeline
11 hours ago, JACKP said:

I reached out to congressmen and this is what she got response from the USICS (Congressional Liaison ) on her case inquiry. 

This is so frustrating to see the same response from case inquiry and congressman ; to just wait more and more . Feels like this is the same road you hit no mater which path you take . Stories on how ASC are full that there are no slots even after 110 days from reopening😡

How terrible! Even a congressman gets the same answer..

It's been 6 months and nothing indicates that it shouldn't take a few more months.

I'm absolutely going mad after this long. If uscis was counting these election ballots, they would probably take 3 months honestly. They're so slow!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Tnorfotkcab said:

Biometrics appointment letter received. Filed 05/06. Appointment for 11/27 so 3 weeks notice.  Asc Portland

Happy for you! .At least some of us can see pass the darkness !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, LaiQ said:

Hi, it's my first time to comment on this thread. Just want to know if there's anyone here waiting for their SSN card after receiving their combo card? I received my combo card last Oct 10. But still no SSN card. Maybe it just got a bit delayed and is on its way?

Found a SSA flyer stating that I should receive my SSN card no later than 7 business days after receiving my EAD from USCIS.  https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flyers/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

In the meantime, we're planning to send an application attaching the flyer for reference. Since SSA is still closed, all we can do is mail and hope they process it asap.

Thanks in adv!

Updating this post for those who might be in a similar situation-- those who received their EAD card but are STILL WAITING for their SSN card.

I called our SSA field office to check the status of my application yet again. The lady I spoke with really gave me the runaround. I told her that I had mailed my application, a photocopy of EAD card and other docs for proof of identity.... the call was 15mins long and she would just be mostly typing on the other side... she asked me if I already have a job offer and I said not yet. Then she brought out their spiel about how they're only processing limited, those in dire need situations etc.  I insisted that I really needed my SSN and mentioned that other SSA offices have issued already so I don't understand why they're blocking it. I told her that you need the SSN for many other things like opening a bank acct, getting your license... I don't understand why their making the job offer a pre-requisite for the SSN card.  Good thing I was still really nice but firm with her. And appealed if they could make an exemption and just issue me the card already. She was silent again and I was like Hello??? And she said she needed to speak with her manager....

So anyway at the end of the call, she finally said that a number was issued for me last Oct 29 and to wait for the card in the mail in 2 weeks!!!!! I was just happy she said that that I forgot to grill her why she didn't tell me that bit of information at the beginning of the call! If I recall, Oct 29 was the date USPS confirmed that our mail was delivered! So it's possible they process the  SNN cards but don't mail it out until you follow up with them or present a job offer. 

I made sure to ask for her name though so I have someone to follow up in 2 weeks! Hopefully, she told the truth and that I can truly expect my SSN in the mail. 

Hope this helps! 

Edited by LaiQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 11/4/2020 at 9:20 PM, JACKP said:

This is just ridiculous, so basically its a too bad so sad situation from everyone. Im sorry 

@LaiQ

You will be fortunate to get your card because they only  accept original proofs I.E.  GC Ead etc when you process through the mail.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.