1,612 posts in this topic

Hi guys quick update!

We just got the biometrics letters on the mail, is for next Wednesday August 12th :) the notice date is from July 28 one day after they recieve our evidence for the RFE we got. I'm surprised since there has been no change in our status in the case tracker. Hope everybody recieve their letter soon!

3 minutes ago, D.Salagubang said:

Hi guys quick update!

We just got the biometrics letters on the mail, is for next Wednesday August 12th :) the notice date is from July 28 one day after they recieve our evidence for the RFE we got. I'm surprised since there has been no change in our status in the case tracker. Hope everybody recieve their letter soon!

Nice! That’s awesome! Congratulations!😊

Does anyone got a bio appointment for Seattle? I’m a May filer and nothing has happened in my case since “my case was received”. My NOA1 is 26 of May. Thank you! 

Edited by marianabrasil

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
46 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

Does anyone got a bio appointment for Seattle? I’m a May filer and nothing has happened in my case since “my case was received”. My NOA1 is 26 of May. Thank you! 

Hi! Also Seattle filer. Received date on my NOA is April 14th. I was chatting with another Seattle filer around the same time but nothing for either of us. I have heard our office is slow and was originally told by uscis I could reach out 30 days after the ASC reopened (will be August 13th), but yesterday a different representative told me 90 days after reopening. 

47 minutes ago, Tmac88 said:

Hi! Also Seattle filer. Received date on my NOA is April 14th. I was chatting with another Seattle filer around the same time but nothing for either of us. I have heard our office is slow and was originally told by uscis I could reach out 30 days after the ASC reopened (will be August 13th), but yesterday a different representative told me 90 days after reopening. 

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m very frustrated, sometimes sad with how stuck I feel in life without working, no SSN, and afraid of something happens with my family and I can’t leave US without AP. Could you please post here if you have any news from Seattle’s office? I called USICS this week, but they didn’t gave me any information of how long may take. 

Edited by marianabrasil

59 minutes ago, Cystash said:

Hey guys, today I recieved my biometric notice in the mail, my timeline,

file for AOS on 26th May 

Returned my RFE on June 22

Got my biometric today in the mail. 

Congratulations!!😊Which office is your case in?

Edited by Nastya_7smile

3 hours ago, Cystash said:

Hey guys, today I recieved my biometric notice in the mail, my timeline,

file for AOS on 26th May 

Returned my RFE on June 22

Got my biometric today in the mail. 

Ahhh nice won't  be long till you are done with this part.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received e-mails today for K-1 and K-2 that we are being scheduled for the adjustment of status interview already. We just did the biometrics on August 3. I'll keep checking the mail for the letter. I checked case status and it has updated. It says they are ready to schedule the interview. I wonder how long it takes to schedule the interview, or does that mean the letter is on its way very soon. We are in California, Orange County. Do the interviews take place at the Application Support Centers? I hope so, its only 5 minutes from our home here.

10 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

We received e-mails today for K-1 and K-2 that we are being scheduled for the adjustment of status interview already. We just did the biometrics on August 3. I'll keep checking the mail for the letter. I checked case status and it has updated. It says they are ready to schedule the interview. I wonder how long it takes to schedule the interview, or does that mean the letter is on its way very soon. We are in California, Orange County. Do the interviews take place at the Application Support Centers? I hope so, its only 5 minutes from our home here.

What was the new status? Is it just "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"? If so, the wait could still be quite a while.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

What was the new status? Is it just "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"? If so, the wait could still be quite a while.

yes it just says "ready to schedule interview" and that they will be scheduling the interview and sending a letter. In the email notification it also says this could take some time so you may be right. I was surprised to get a notification so quickly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.