1,612 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Electronically captured is the normal wording and only means that his fingerprints will get scanned instead of ink on paper and the signature is also taken on a signpad and not on paper. It's the normal procedure during the appointment. 

Yes ink pad  equals  manual  no ink pad (scanner) equal electronic!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

hey guys,

I sent out my AOS for my wife on 5/1 and got charges from Chicago lockbox on my CC last night at midnight. Does that mean it was accepted and they don't need more evidence? Would be SO SO excited if that's the case because we intentionally left out the diploma certification's for my wife's college certs since we wouldn't be able to get it in time for the i-944

17 minutes ago, Foibh said:

Sent the application and just realized we forgot the 2 passport-sized photos. I hope that’s not a total killer. 😕

Not a total killer, but it will result in an RFE, which might slow you down a bit!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 hours ago, Tjg312 said:

hey guys,

I sent out my AOS for my wife on 5/1 and got charges from Chicago lockbox on my CC last night at midnight. Does that mean it was accepted and they don't need more evidence? Would be SO SO excited if that's the case because we intentionally left out the diploma certification's for my wife's college certs since we wouldn't be able to get it in time for the i-944

Other people have gotten an RFE for this, but you never know. That I-944 has caused a lot of grief. You'll just have to wait and see what they say. Cashing your check does not necessarily mean that USCIS will not need any more evidence.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tjg312 said:

hey guys,

What do you mean by get it in time for the i-944?  Do you submit the I-944 separately?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Good luck to you guys, sending the package and waiting to hear from USCIS is definitely stressful.

We sent our packet on 5/2/2020

Arrived on 5/4/2020

Received 4 texts on 5/12/2020

We filed with the I485 with expiration date 10/31/2021, not sure if it makes a difference but it seems like they took it 😇

Timeline

When completing the I-944 form, did you include assets even if your income exceeded the 125 federal poverty guideline?  I do not want to include my assets or liabilities in the I944 if I do not need to, my spouse, the beneficiary does not have any income, assets or liabilities.

Edited by Brklyn Belle

22 minutes ago, Brklyn Belle said:

When completing the I-944 form, did you include assets even if your income exceeded the 125 federal poverty guideline?  I do not want to include my assets or liabilities in the I944 if I do not need to, my spouse, the beneficiary does not have any income, assets or liabilities.

We personally won't include any assets or liabilities, since we also exceeded the 125 federal poverty guideline. Hopefully won't be a problem 

49 minutes ago, Brklyn Belle said:

We debated sending in additional information since my wife’s income exceeds the poverty guidelines. We ended up including her US savings account anyways.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.