1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Brklyn Belle said:

This is helpful, but definitely read the instructions with the I944. because your supporting documents may be different based on your situation.

Absolutely, thank you. 

15 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

Hi did you file for I-944? 

Yes I filled the i-944 and i-864 with the i-485. 

7 hours ago, JMGN said:

Congrats. May I ask which mail carrier did you use? Thanks.

USPS priority mail. We went for next day delivery but ended up being delayed anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 6/18/2020 at 6:27 PM, Faith2020 said:

Hi all- I’m coming for an update on my timeline. 

I applied 5/2020, I received response from USCIS: 

first one : 6/15/2020: I’m applying as a widow, so they received my I-360 and sent me a receipt via mail at my lawyer address. 

- I called USCIS on 6/13/2020 the agent told me there’s a rejection on my I-485(I was devastated and started crying) and told me they sent the mail to me on 6/11/2020 to my address ( I do have an attorney). I started calling them almost every day since 6/13/2020 because I didn’t receive any letter from USCIS as they told me it would come to my address and not my lawyer address. 

-6/16/2020 I called USCIS call center the agent told me my case has been marked sensitive informations and she can’t give me more informations and they no longer have info about my case and it has been transferred  to Vermont. ( I was very surprised of a sensitive informations since I’m not a VAWA ) She gave me the Vermont address in case I want to write to them.

- 6/17/2020 I called USCIS call center the agent told she  only sees a receipt for my I-360 on file and maybe the previous agent made a mistake as she doesn’t  see any rejection on my profile. 

-6/18/20 my lawyer finally received the rejection letter from USCIS. Apparently we need to include I-944. I’m still waiting  for I-765 and I-131. 

I hope my timeline would help some of us. If I may add a comment I think it’s useless to call USCIS call center and just wait as some of the agents do not even know what they are talking about. Good luck to all of us. 

OP, as I-360 self-petitioner you are exempt from filing I-944 or I-864. Your attorney is right. USCIS is known to make mistakes. And yes, all I-360 petitions are processed by Vermont Center. You need to answer RFE with the explanation letter. Good luck!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, portorusa said:

OP, as I-360 self-petitioner you are exempt from filing I-944 or I-864. Your attorney is right. USCIS is known to make mistakes. And yes, all I-360 petitions are processed by Vermont Center. You need to answer RFE with the explanation letter. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. The confusion is I’m I-360 widow and I don’t know if I make the cut of exemption for I-944. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys, so USCIS took the money from our bank on June 18th but we still didn't get an e-mail or a text. But since they got the money our case should be in the system right? We're not gonna get a rejection at least.. 🙄

1 hour ago, AMJ6 said:

Hey guys, so USCIS took the money from our bank on June 18th but we still didn't get an e-mail or a text. But since they got the money our case should be in the system right? We're not gonna get a rejection at least.. 🙄

You might wait couple days more. I got my messages next day after fireprinting.

7 minutes ago, Rich1974 said:

Does anyone know how long a SSN takes to arrive once AOS has been filed??

Someone said they got that with work authorization. Someone didn’t get that even with green card and needed to go to Social security administration and apply for SSN. With green card it takes very fast to get SSN.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

Someone said they got that with work authorization. Someone didn’t get that even with green card and needed to go to Social security administration and apply for SSN. With green card it takes very fast to get SSN.

Hey @Nastya_7smile thanks for the info, that doesn’t sound good seeing as it’s not looking like November before we even get some answer is the EAD! The SSN seems to affect so much not having it....

1 hour ago, Rich1974 said:

Hey @Nastya_7smile thanks for the info, that doesn’t sound good seeing as it’s not looking like November before we even get some answer is the EAD! The SSN seems to affect so much not having it....

I know. I applied for SSN just after the wedding and got denied in March. Official reason of denying was expired K1 visa. I before thought that with SSN you can get driving license, but you can’t in my state, Kansas, until you will get EAD or AOS. Maybe in different states it can be different. Bank account one of my friends wasn’t able to open without green card (North Carolina) but i heard that Bank of America you can open it with NOA-1. So before getting work permit or green card here is not so much point in that. Also, you might try to apply to IRS for ITIN number (analog of SSN), it will takes less time to get that.

2 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I know. I applied for SSN just after the wedding in October 2019 and got denied in March. Official reason of denying was expired K1 visa. I before thought that with SSN you can get driving license, but you can’t in my state, Kansas, until you will get EAD or AOS. Maybe in different states it can be different. I have heard that some guys in Florida got temporary driving license with NOA-1. Bank account one of my friends wasn’t able to open without green card (North Carolina) but i heard that Bank of America you can open it with NOA-1. So before getting work permit or green card here is not so much point in that. Also, you might try to apply to IRS for ITIN number (analog of SSN), it will takes less time to get that.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Timeline
On 6/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, portorusa said:

I don’t even know I feel like my attorney is not very knowledgeable on that. He told me again that he contacted USCIS and I have to submit I-944 and that the form is a little complicated to give him more days. Moving forward he got back to me but I’m not confident that the elements he’s requiring me are enough since it seems to be very different than how other firm handle the form. So I’m trying to contact Vermont. I just don’t understand how as a widow I-360 self pétitionner I have to include I-944 without I-864. 

1 minute ago, Faith2020 said:

I don’t even know I feel like my attorney is not very knowledgeable on that. He told me again that he contacted USCIS and I have to submit I-944 and that the form is a little complicated to give him more days. Moving forward he got back to me but I’m not confident that the elements he’s requiring me are enough since it seems to be very different than how other firm handle the form. So I’m trying to contact Vermont. I just don’t understand how as a widow I-360 self pétitionner I have to include I-944 without I-864. 

That’s probably like for refugees. They don’t send I-864 also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.