1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AlexTragedy said:

Since I'm a little newbie when it comes to NVC process, can you guys tell me what happens after you get your documents qualified? You wait for your interview date and then that's it??? You can move right away? How long do you have after the interview when you HAVE to move to the States?

Trying to figure out the timings since we're not ready to move yet, don't want to start the process too early

Hello,

Welcome to the NVC waiting portal lol. After you get DQ correct - you wait for the interview to be scheduled. Once you have the interview date, you'll schedule the medical at one of the facilities approved for it in your country. The date of the medical is important to be close to the interview date, because the medical expiration date (usually 6 months) will be the visa expiration date in your passport. After the interview, if you get approved the visa will be placed in your passport and you have until the expiration date (6 months from date of medical) to enter the US.

3 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

Documentarily qualified today. Submitted on April 7th, 2020. So, I moved to a new place about a week ago. How do I change my address with the NVC now?

Congrats! Just wondering if that was your only submission? I submitted April 6th. No DQ  yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hilde said:

You guys!

DQ today!  :yes:

1st and only submission: March 2, 2020 

HOW EXCITING!!!!!

Ive been waiting for your DQ since I got mine in March.

Also Congrats on getting the right Brazilian police records (that was a pain) LOL. Now we wait.

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Congrats! Just wondering if that was your only submission? I submitted April 6th. No DQ  yet.

yup. I heard somebody else getting DQ within a month too. Not sure why some cases are being processed faster than the others though. My NOA1 was early Jan 2019, maybe that helped Idk. Good luck!

On 4/30/2020 at 9:11 PM, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/738398-case-complete-to-interview-june-2020/

On 4/30/2020 at 9:11 PM, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/738398-case-complete-to-interview-june-2020/

Still waiting on DQ, had to submit requested Docs as of MAR7, and nothing yet. What’s going on at NVC now due to the COVID19??? Any DQs since then???

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
29 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

Still waiting on DQ, had to submit requested Docs as of MAR7, and nothing yet. What’s going on at NVC now due to the COVID19??? Any DQs since then???

You can read all updates on the 13 pages instead quoting the opening post :) yes, NVC is working.

good luck to all of us!

2 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

52 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Hey guys in the photographs section of NVC Civil documents are they expecting passport photos?

Yes, just to be on the safe side pdf them. 

Edited by Ncornejo7

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys hopefully this will help you new ones just joining or having to resubmit.

Ive seen a lot, A LOT, of questions here that are answered on the instructions sheet and it only leads me to believe that some of you are relying on this forum as a source of information instead of the actual I-864 instructions AND the specific requirements for your home country that are found on the Department of State website.

If you cant find some of the answers to basic questions then you're not reading the instructions correctly, and that will definitely lead to an RFE...which will only delay you more.

As someone on here said once, this is your case! Study it and prepare it. 

Sometimes, sometimes, what worked for me doesn't work for others. Theres been times when I see someone get an RFE for something that I did exactly the same and I got DQ.....meaning if I give you advice and it doesn't work.....well.....its gonna be hard to tell NVC "So and so on VisaJourney said to do it this way". Its always better to follow what the instructions form says. Obviously were here to help as a community, but leave that for those little hard to figure out things....believe me, I asked questions when I would get stuck on things that were not clarified on the form.

We've all made it here on our own (most of us at least), and most of us came out of Nebraska. That only means one thing, WE ARE SMART AND CAPABLE of doing this final race. 

This is probably this most frustrating thing I've ever done, so much that I actually cried when I got DQ because I proved to myself I was able to do what lawyers do....and some lawyers actually mess up.

Don't rush this last stage!!!!! Read the form, then read it 4 more times and make sure you check the link to your country on the Department of State website....every country is deferent. 

P.s, there's no hurry, we'll all be here for a while thanks to Corona. I got DQ in March and still waiting for the consulates to open.

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 2:25 AM, colins said:

The applicant (my wife) currently cannot obtain the Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport Office in Mumbai due to the COVID national lockdown order in India. Could the DS-260 and other supporting documents be processed without it for now? She will bring  the original Police Clearance Certificate with her to the interview when the consulate opens up.

Has anybody had success trying to submit without the PCC, or will the NVC simply return the application as incomplete even with the current situation?

Write a letter of explanation and submit to NVC.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

We can finally start filing.

Does anyone know how to add a joint sponsor? He is also the person that we are going to live with first.

let me know!

The petitioner must file I-864 and upload it on CEAC. After uploading, you will see the option to add the joint sponsor.

5 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

yup. I heard somebody else getting DQ within a month too. Not sure why some cases are being processed faster than the others though. My NOA1 was early Jan 2019, maybe that helped Idk. Good luck!

By your NOA1 , do you mean your I130 got accepted January 2019?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.